Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving data from Google Drive to a Seagate 4GB External Drive.

Options
  • 03-02-2021 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

After years of silly photos , video clips etc my Google Drive 15GB storage is full. I am trying to transfer some of the worthwhile photos etc across and delete the dross. I have wasted the entire evening on it but to no avail. I am hoping one of you sharp minded IT heads can solve the puzzle.

By the way, when initialiasing the new HDD to windows it asked me to Formatt it to either Windows or Apple... I selected Windows, and it appears to have backed up the Laptop data ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You can export your photos (and other data if you want too) in bulk: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en

If you're deleting images on photos.google.com and find that your storage isn't improving, note that they go to Trash first for 60 days. You can empty Trash if you don't want to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks sincerely Robert.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Just to butt into a successful result, but if you have access to One Drive, it's got a 1TB limit.

Advertisement