Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low market cap gems 10-100x

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Took a punt on MBX $0.0186 at time of posting
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/mobiecoin

Small MC with transparent developers, only on one of exchange with ramp up of marketing and new exchanges in March maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

KilOit wrote: »
    Took a punt on MBX $0.0186 at time of posting
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/mobiecoin

Small MC with transparent developers, only on one of exchange with ramp up of marketing and new exchanges in March maybe

What exchange do you guys use for smaller alt coins? I recently upgraded from revolut to coinbase and then binance which have a better selection of coins but I would like to throw a punt or two on emerging tips once a week for a bit of fun on top of usual dot ada etc.

Read mixed reviews from others regarding security, suspending accounts etc.

detoxkid wrote: »
    What exchange do you guys use for smaller alt coins? I recently upgraded from revolut to coinbase and then binance which have a better selection of coins but I would like to throw a punt or two on emerging tips once a week for a bit of fun on top of usual dot ada etc.

Read mixed reviews from others regarding security, suspending accounts etc.

100x or rugpull alts are on Uniswap, 1inch, stopped using defi for now with fees so high
    centralized exchanges for small alts that i've used is bithumb.pro and okex.com
    only keep a couple hundred on this to play around with.
    Check market tap on coingecko.com to see what a particular alt is trading on

100x or rugpull alts are on Uniswap, 1inch, stopped using defi for now with fees so high
    centralized exchanges for small alts that i've used is bithumb.pro and okex.com
    only keep a couple hundred on this to play around with.
    Check market tap on coingecko.com to see what a particular alt is trading on

Thanks for that, I have been reading through cryptomoonshots on reddit and looking for trends with referencing/matching times of posts and time coupled charts over that future period via coinbase, hoping for an accurate reference for future accurate recommendations.

Is there a better way or a proven method to get good tips or find honest ones besides being a statistical math head like Ben Cowen?

I feel I am looking in the wrong place for accurate info.

Thanks for that, I have been reading through cryptomoonshots on reddit and looking for trends with referencing/matching times of posts and time coupled charts over that future period via coinbase, hoping for an accurate reference for future accurate recommendations.

Is there a better way or a proven method to get good tips or find honest ones besides being a statistical math head like Ben Cowen?

I feel I am looking in the wrong place for accurate info.

i'd avoid that subreddit, a lot of paid shills on it, you might strike gold but massive risk and if you look at the month old threads and see how the coins are doing, most are dead.
    In saying that, buying these crap coins netted me UNI airdrop and 1inch Airdrop which both added up to a nice payday.
    No way of really rooting out the diamonds in the rough but 4chan /biz got me Neo when it was under 1$ and Chainlink at 50cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

i'd avoid that subreddit, a lot of paid shills on it, you might strike gold but massive risk and if you look at the month old threads and see how the coins are doing, most are dead.
    In saying that, buying these crap coins netted me UNI airdrop and 1inch Airdrop which both added up to a nice payday.
    No way of really rooting out the diamonds in the rough but 4chan /biz got me Neo when it was under 1$ and Chainlink at 50cents

Yeah the more sane heads moved onto discord a long time ago, but you'd kind of want to have transferred from an existing trading community as most if not all had to lock down invites since the /WSB memestocks week (and i'm not referring to the WSB discord itself lol).

Indeed, you might notice one or two people here parroting opinions from one or two of the seedier groups/twitter accounts... :D

Ha nice, thanks for the info guys, appreciate it alot. Really enjoying the crypto alot of fun.

50 cent chainlink.?! Wow. What a treat. Love to have grabbed 100e of that at 50c. Purchased 7 coins last week for much more than 50c :)

Well done.

50 cent chainlink.?! Wow. What a treat. Love to have grabbed 100e of that at 50c. Purchased 7 coins last week for much more than 50c :)

Well done.
    50c link that I sold for 1-2$ and a bit more around 10$ mark. Only 5% of it left so no gold house here.
    Buy and hold really can be best at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

50c link that I sold for 1-2$ and a bit more around 10$ mark. Only 5% of it left so no gold house here.
    Buy and hold really can be best at times.

When link is at 1000 we will say the same haha.

Seriously though 5-10 years down the road there will be a few alts worth a small fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Irish_rat wrote: »
    When link is at 1000 we will say the same haha.

Seriously though 5-10 years down the road there will be a few alts worth a small fortune

As me being a beginner, do you mind me asking if you were asked to identify possible alts worth reading up on and possibly investing in, would you list 1=5 possibilitys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Wish I had bought ENJ yesterday after watching JRNY Crypto buy some and reccomending it in his 1k to 10 thousand series on youtube last night. Up 34%. Kills me lol

connie147 wrote: »
    As me being a beginner, do you mind me asking if you were asked to identify possible alts worth reading up on and possibly investing in, would you list 1=5 possibilitys?

I genuinely believe most of the alts in the top 10 are the ones to hold for the next 5-10 years.

Eth, dot, bnb are the strongest alts.

Outside top 10, Theta is my favourite project. Check out my thread on this forum for more info.

Not as confident on ada and link but will hold a bag just in case. You don't want to be that guy without some bit of a moon bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Not as confident on ada and link but will hold a bag just in case. You don't want to be that guy without some bit of a moon bag.

ADA is kind of a play dependent on a flip in sentiment from eth re:gas prices and whatever else. They'd want to pull their finger out in recent times as its gone a bit crazy, but with the rise of Non-Fungible Tokens on the EC712 standard, I think ETH related stuff could fly again. Cheers NyanCat :D

https://www.coindesk.com/nyan-cat-nft-ethereum-meme

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

bosco12345 wrote: »
    Wish I had bought ENJ yesterday after watching JRNY Crypto buy some and reccomending it in his 1k to 10 thousand series on youtube last night. Up 34%. Kills me lol

This post got me excited so I went to look at my portfolio.. down a lot across the board :o

timeToLive wrote: »
    This post got me excited so I went to look at my portfolio.. down a lot across the board :o

It's been a rough few days alright, ENJ holding out well though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

where do people think we are right now on this chart in relation to the alts?

c411672ed10bf6c78082b11e930012f1

This rally will fail like the others...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Dnxncofiruwvx

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    where do people think we are right now on this chart in relation to the alts?

c411672ed10bf6c78082b11e930012f1

This rally will fail like the others...........

Think it’s in the Belief stage. Went through the Hope and Optimism phase across last year, wouldn’t surprise me to see them absolutely explode in the summer/ autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Hopefully, Jan/Feb next year will be Euphoria and Complacency...........

ADA pumping nicely the last 12 hours

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

ADA pumping nicely the last 12 hours

It's had a nice run alright, lasted longer than I expected too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Graham wrote: »
    It's had a nice run alright, lasted longer than I expected too.

Charles is hinting at a partnership with DOT
    Reckon the price rise is either new investors who would rather buy a whole coin than a percentage or insiders know something and are filling bags, cant shake the feeling its the former and it will dump soon.

Reckon the price rise is either new investors who would rather buy a whole coin than a percentage or insiders know something and are filling bags, cant shake the feeling its the former and it will dump soon.

Ye might sell this evening if it's still high and buy back when it dumps

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

https://coinmarketcal.com/en/highlights

guys I came across this. It is a good website and provides highlights. These Coin's usually pump (like enj,ada this week)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Ye might sell this evening if it's still high and buy back when it dumps

Isn't the Mary fork on Monday? Do you think that will have an impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

Ya all us insiders know the hidden secret. Shhh its not been public in anyway shape or form. It's all down to a single comment of a DOT partnership!

The price rise is because the native assets upgrade was initiated on Feb 24th and goes live on Monday. Loads of tokens will be running on Cardano within a few months. It's a purpose built multi-asset ledger, it's designed to have thousands of tokens on it without needing a smart contract like ERC20. There are also rumours that Coinbase will list ADA in March, someone recently spun up some stake pools with around 400m ADA in them.

A new feature was also announced the other day called Babel fees, named after the Hitchhikers Guide babel fish. It allows tokens to pay for transactions with their own token without needing ADA. Stakepools or liquidity pools will take on the liability for paying the transaction fee in ADA in exchange for receiving the other token at a preset exchange rate. The end user just initiates the transaction with whatever token they have and other parties on the network will decide to take on the liability. Everybody wins, spend what you have, fees are still paid in ADA so there is no drop in usage. I'd say there are a lot of ERC20's getting itchy feet over on old gassy ETH, you could be a first class citizen over on Cardano paying for transactions with your ERC20 and have all round cheaper usage. I still get a great laugh at folks calling ADA a ****coin. Peoples heads will explode before the end of the year with what's on the way.

Oracle Pools with Wolfram Alpha pretty much wipe out Chainlinks reason for existing. Cardano uses eUTXO which means an oracle datapoint only needs to be paid for once. If anyone pays for a datapoint that output becomes a public good within the network and everyone else gets to use that datapoint for free. The poorest dapp developers around the world will be getting a world class oracle system pretty much for free or at very low cost. Cardano is going attract huge numbers of devs in the developing world because it's going to be much more affordable & profitable for them to use instead of needing ETH + LINK. Any chain that can build it's own native oracle system will do so to keep an important value add service like oracles inside their own network using something like Cardano's oracle pools model.

Smart contracts for all users - Plutus for those that want to code. Marlowe for those that don't need to code like the majority of the financial services or business world. Normies will be able to build & track smart contracts through an easy to use mobile app, they can even build them visually using drag & drop blocks. Permanent Solidity support via the KEVM for ETH devs that prefer that. In time Cardano will be adding support for all the major programming languages.

Potentially millions of users in Africa using Cardano's digital identity system with the possibility of rolling out to multiple countries across Africa. If things go well then I expect this feature to gain traction in lots of countries around the world. Cardano might quickly gain more real world users than all other blockchains combined. The network will soon have all the dapps, features, devs, users, funding, liquidity, etc it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Ya all us insiders know the hidden secret. Shhh its not been public in anyway shape or form. It's all down to a single comment of a DOT partnership!

The price rise is because the native assets upgrade was initiated on Feb 24th and goes live on Monday. Loads of tokens will be running on Cardano within a few months. It's a purpose built multi-asset ledger, it's designed to have thousands of tokens on it without needing a smart contract like ERC20. There are also rumours that Coinbase will list ADA in March, someone recently spun up some stake pools with around 400m ADA in them.

A new feature was also announced the other day called Babel fees, named after the Hitchhikers Guide babel fish. It allows tokens to pay for transactions with their own token without needing ADA. Stakepools or liquidity pools will take on the liability for paying the transaction fee in ADA in exchange for receiving the other token at a preset exchange rate. The end user just initiates the transaction with whatever token they have and other parties on the network will decide to take on the liability. Everybody wins, spend what you have, fees are still paid in ADA so there is no drop in usage. I'd say there are a lot of ERC20's getting itchy feet over on old gassy ETH, you could be a first class citizen over on Cardano paying for transactions with your ERC20 and have all round cheaper usage. I still get a great laugh at folks calling ADA a ****coin. Peoples heads will explode before the end of the year with what's on the way.

Oracle Pools with Wolfram Alpha pretty much wipe out Chainlinks reason for existing. Cardano uses eUTXO which means an oracle datapoint only needs to be paid for once. If anyone pays for a datapoint that output becomes a public good within the network and everyone else gets to use that datapoint for free. The poorest dapp developers around the world will be getting a world class oracle system pretty much for free or at very low cost. Cardano is going attract huge numbers of devs in the developing world because it's going to be much more affordable & profitable for them to use instead of needing ETH + LINK. Any chain that can build it's own native oracle system will do so to keep an important value add service like oracles inside their own network using something like Cardano's oracle pools model.

Smart contracts for all users - Plutus for those that want to code. Marlowe for those that don't need to code like the majority of the financial services or business world. Normies will be able to build & track smart contracts through an easy to use mobile app, they can even build them visually using drag & drop blocks. Permanent Solidity support via the KEVM for ETH devs that prefer that. In time Cardano will be adding support for all the major programming languages.

Potentially millions of users in Africa using Cardano's digital identity system with the possibility of rolling out to multiple countries across Africa. If things go well then I expect this feature to gain traction in lots of countries around the world. Cardano might quickly gain more real world users than all other blockchains combined. The network will soon have all the dapps, features, devs, users, funding, liquidity, etc it needs.

Been done many times before, never worked. But hype is what altcoins are all about.

I'm waiting for the crash to cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

Been done many times before, never worked. But hype is what altcoins are all about.

I'm waiting for the crash to cash in.

It hasn't been done like this before. Cardano uses eUTXO so each token is native, no smart contracts are involved. You have to use ADA to settle transactions on the ledger but other than that there is no token hierarchy or smart contracts needed. It's why native assets can launch on Cardano starting tomorrow without smart contracts even in place yet. Now you might be correct that not every token will have people willing to take on liability for them but the top 10 or 20 tokens will be wanted, especially by exchanges or DEX's. They'll want to keep a liquidity pool of Cardano's most important tokens and they are already running stakepools so why not get the tokens you want this way. Stakepool operators can also link up with external liquidity providers to offer the service. You can set your own fee for the service so you can probably always adapt the fee so you're getting the tokens you want cheaper than the current market value. What will probably happen is that ADA delegators will be incentivised to provide some ADA liquidity in a Babel fees pool that their stakepool operator is running and in exchange they'll get rewarded with a slice of any native assets coming in.

Babel fees is like having a DEX or Uniswap slipstreamed directly into the transaction system of your blockchain. It will allow further features or services to develop:

https://iohk.io/en/blog/posts/2021/02/25/babel-fees/

"Beyond Babel fees, the mechanism allows a variety of other interesting applications, such as atomic swaps for spot trades"

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

If you could make only 3-5 to recommendations to a beginner, what would they be? And where would you suggest as the easiest/best platform to start?

Appreciate any insight!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

shanmo wrote: »
    If you could make only 3-5 to recommendations to a beginner, what would they be? And where would you suggest as the easiest/best platform to start?

Appreciate any insight!

Thanks

personally I think the crypto.com app is the easiest way to start. You can easily buy/sell coins, use earn functionality and get passive income

• Advertisement

shanmo wrote: »

Appreciate any insight!

Thanks

Dyor
    Dca
    Don't fomo
    Don't get rekt

Advertisement