Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 23 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    When are we likely to find out about DGW's?

I’ve a feeling we will hear today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will bank now after that announcement, fairly happy with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Are ye talking about the DGW that was announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Feels like a likely bank week unless you’re bringing in Burnley defenders (and still Brighton won’t be easy), Fulham and Everton don’t have good games this week and I’d say most of us already have 3 City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

Time to sell Chilwell??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Time to sell Chilwell??

With the DGW announcement, I'll prob ship Chilwell for a Burnley defender and look to upgrade elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Spurs are awful, but can't sell before WBA at home.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Spurs are awful, but can't sell before WBA at home.

Every chance I still captain Son. There is nobody else I feel great about and West Brom are still awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Have 2fts this week and happy with everyone bar Mitchell

Have enough only for Pieters (4.3) think I’ll make that move now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

2fts and about 10 players I'm not happy with.

Ederson

Cresswell digne targett mitchell dier

Son sterling bruno bowen foden

Brewster Werner watkins

Plan was to get mendy for ederson and lose foden with the plan being to get dias and cancelo for dier and cresswell in 24. Werner failed the eye test again tonight, bowen isnt the best west ham asset, foden has dropped off, spurs are awful both attacking and defensively.

I'm now considering Pope for ederson. Dcl for werner... Or james for foden but I'm .1 short.

Any fulham players worth consideration for the double? I did own mitro for his only double digit score this year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

CSF wrote: »
    Every chance I still captain Son. There is nobody else I feel great about and West Brom are still awful.

I’m talking myself into Antonio

2fts and about 10 players I'm not happy with.

Ederson

Cresswell digne targett mitchell dier

Son sterling bruno bowen foden

Brewster Werner watkins

Plan was to get mendy for ederson and lose foden with the plan being to get dias and cancelo for dier and cresswell in 24. Werner failed the eye test again tonight, bowen isnt the best west ham asset, foden has dropped off, spurs are awful both attacking and defensively.

I'm now considering Pope for ederson. Dcl for werner... Or james for foden but I'm .1 short.

Any fulham players worth consideration for the double? I did own mitro for his only double digit score this year..

WC an option?

I'd love a punt on Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Fed up with Spurs and Son but I suppose I have to play him against West Brom before deciding to get rid? Is anyone thinking of benching Salah against City? And those with a couple of City defenders, play them both or just one? I would have thought just 1 but Pool are struggling for goals at home. So many questions!!

I like Antonio too but Fulham aren’t terrible defensively right? Moreso going forward.

I like Antonio too but Fulham aren’t terrible defensively right? Moreso going forward.

Yeah they haven't conceded more than 2 in a game since GW9. I guess even if Spurs are rubbish again, West Brom are so bad they will still give up chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

WC an option?

Not if I can help it. Overall rank is in sh*te so h2h leagues are my main aim at this stage. Main one becomes a knock out in gw36 so ideally I want to wildcard into it

Yeah they haven't conceded more than 2 in a game since GW9. I guess even if Spurs are rubbish again, West Brom are so bad they will still give up chances.

That’s the only logic that makes me think it still could be ok. Maybe Mourinho will have a fire in them after that sh*tshow tonight but eh they’ve had a few defeats on the bounce now so maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Little bit of regret doing Forster to Martinez now. Could have gone for Pope. Might not do anything else and keep two for next week. Only move would be TAA to Mee or Wood to Antonio but I'm starting to think none of them will really benefit me this week. I can have my pick of DGW with 2FT and a -4 if necessary next GW. Could also go Shaw or Digne but need to see them have one more week really. Not considering DCL to be honest. Can't believe he got a bonus last week. He was great at beginning but he went thru a spell where even when he scored he wasn't even near the bonuses. Might go on Vardy when he comes back and downgrade a midfielder. Still have Salah. Thru pure fear that if you get rid and he hauls you are ****ed.

The selection headache is going to break me though. 3-5-2 so probably start TAA, Cresswell, Cancelo with Dias and Dallas on the bench, Dallas first. Going by attacking returns potential for city game than clean sheet potential.. good move???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was getting rid of either Salah or Son. Grealish in for Salah and giving Son the Captains armband...….now all I need is a South Korean interpreter.....have a Junior GAA managers gee up speech all ready for Son;)

What could go wrong?

• Advertisement

Was getting rid of either Salah or Son. Grealish in for Salah and giving Son the Captains armband...….now all I need is a South Korean interpreter.....have a Junior GAA managers gee up speech all ready for Son;)

What could go wrong?
    Based on what we saw tonight, a lot could go wrong!!! But I still like the move in a week with no other standout options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Based on what we saw tonight, a lot could go wrong!!! But I still like the move in a week with no other standout options.

Arrah feck it this is why we play the game:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might bank.

Word of interest. Look at Brighton defensively recently. Look at their fixtures. See their cheap defenders.

If anyone wants one and can overlook possibly no double the they're there. If they beat Leicester in the cup they might have a double with the rest in GW26. Take special note if they beat them to nil in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Which 3 defenders do you play from these ?

Cancelo(liv) Dias(liv) Justin(wol) Lowton(BRI) Dallas(CRY)

Are liverpool going to continue being so rubbish that I should stick with the city boys or am I right to be thinking of playing the 2 home lads +a.n.other

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

101pts last GW
    So a straight forward swap
    OUT: Richarlison
    IN: Antonio (could have been DCL=
    Two strikers on:, antonio Bamford
    Benched: Cavani (1st sub)
    Taken the armband from Bruno for captain Soucek (FULaway)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Brought in Pope

Am considering throwing the C on him.

Seven clean sheets, five of those have been double digit returns along with a 9 & a 6

Anyone to talk me out of it?

Not if I can help it. Overall rank is in sh*te so h2h leagues are my main aim at this stage. Main one becomes a knock out in gw36 so ideally I want to wildcard into it

I hate using mine early also but did so 3 weeks ago and very happy and making major ground in ML. Will take more planning for DGWs but that’s ok. Your not happy with 10 players so might be time too bite the bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

Holden out Lowton in. Mee is 0.5 more have loads of cash but should return same as Mee. Looking at Grealish but have Watkins and would mean replacing Mount (shu) or even Son (WBA) who I may captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Green&Red wrote: »
    Brought in Pope

Am considering throwing the C on him.

Seven clean sheets, five of those have been double digit returns along with a 9 & a 6

Anyone to talk me out of it?

I could try....but the way teams are playing the premiums scoring less often than the cheaper players, it makes sense to opt for a defensive asset, as they appear to have less risk in their returns, however , the ceiling is low with defensive assets and returns, generally they do not produce attacking returns which means at best, save points, clean sheet points and appearance points, possibly 10/11points*

a midfielder to achieve this would need one goal and clean sheet, or possibly 2 assists.*

A striker to achieve this requires a minimum of goal and assist or two goals*

It’s a balancing act to figure out where the returns are coming from, at the moment defence feels like the safer option, because there has been a lot less penalties awarded and teams are tightening up for the run-in, I would suggest if you are going to pick a defensive asset it might be better to opt for a defensive asset who is likely to bring attacking returns, if they can keep a clean sheet, that is a huge bonus.

*requirements mentioned above are pure guesswork and may not be statistically true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Only for his favourable fixture this weekend Son would be gone. Spurs seem to be in a spiral currently. Might bank to have 2 next week, not 100% yet.

Advertisement