Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 23 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I could try....but the way teams are playing the premiums scoring less often than the cheaper players, it makes sense to opt for a defensive asset, as they appear to have less risk in their returns, however , the ceiling is low with defensive assets and returns, generally they do not produce attacking returns which means at best, save points, clean sheet points and appearance points, possibly 10/11points*

a midfielder to achieve this would need one goal and clean sheet, or possibly 2 assists.*

A striker to achieve this requires a minimum of goal and assist or two goals*

It’s a balancing act to figure out where the returns are coming from, at the moment defence feels like the safer option, because there has been a lot less penalties awarded and teams are tightening up for the run-in, I would suggest if you are going to pick a defensive asset it might be better to opt for a defensive asset who is likely to bring attacking returns, if they can keep a clean sheet, that is a huge bonus.

*requirements mentioned above are pure guesswork and may not be statistically true.

Three city across the back so they’re a non runner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Green&Red wrote: »
    Three city across the back so they’re a non runner

If you have nothing to loose (ie. Money leagues etc), go for it.

I think I’m benching sterling and captaining probably grealish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I hate using mine early also but did so 3 weeks ago and very happy and making major ground in ML. Will take more planning for DGWs but that’s ok. Your not happy with 10 players so might be time too bite the bullet

Yeah it has been niggling in the back of my head all week but I do have 2 freebies for this week and want to wait and see the lie of the land in relation to Doubles in 26 so will manage what I can for this week. Ederson and foden out for pope and.. I'm not sure yet.. raphina possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Jan Bednarek is not showing up as banned this week in FPL (Leno is) am I missing something? I don't want to trade him out if I don't have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Jan Bednarek is not showing up as banned this week in FPL (Leno is) am I missing something? I don't want to trade him out if I don't have to.
    Bednarek's ban was overturned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The doubles thing has kinda confused matters for me as I never would have considered half the teams.

Is a double City defence still an option with so many big games coming up for them and rotation. Dias is the only one who's played every game but there's every chance he could be rested himself with Laporte back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Gonna get rid of Mitchell. With all this rotation I'll need something on my bench. Thinking Dunk or Dallas with the doubler in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

The doubles thing has kinda confused matters for me as I never would have considered half the teams.

Is a double City defence still an option with so many big games coming up for them and rotation. Dias is the only one who's played every game but there's every chance he could be rested himself with Laporte back.

Need a decent bench, thankfully he doesn't seem to sub centre backs so if Dias is rested you shouldn't get nailed with a one pointer

Need a decent bench, thankfully he doesn't seem to sub centre backs so if Dias is rested you shouldn't get nailed with a one pointer

Have Coufal and Mitchell should be ok. I wonder would dropping Robertson for Dias work and hope that Stones place is safe.

Transfers are tricky this week because I mean who are you likely to bench?

I’m in a serious conundrum of which 3 from 5 to start between Dier, Dallas, Stones, Trent and Gundogan.

For every single person that says ‘oh you have to start Stones on that defensive form’, there’ll be another who points out that Spurs have a significantly higher clean sheet predicted percentage or that Trent, Dallas and Gundogan all have real attacking threat even if they do concede.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

Current squad building towards a bench boost.

Martinez de gea

James, cancelo, Dias Justin coufal

Bruno, son, Maddison, gundogan, Grealish

Bamford, Watkins, Antonio

Feel like the team is in decent shape with 4.5m.in the bank plenty of room for manoeuvre. Feel if son doesn’t spark maybe I’m a bit lacking in star quality in midfield especially as gundogan unlikely to keep hitting at the same rate IMO and son looks lost without Kane in the side. Thinking of risking son for auba or salah but unsure. Feel it needs another real threat in there.

CSF wrote: »

I’m in a serious conundrum of which 3 from 5 to start between Dier, Dallas, Stones, Trent and Gundogan.

For every single person that says ‘oh you have to start Stones on that defensive form’, there’ll be another who points out that Spurs have a significantly higher clean sheet predicted percentage or that Trent, Dallas and Gundogan all have real attacking threat even if they do concede.

Don't think Liverpools defenders are currently worth the money at all. I've been stuck with Robertson because figured he return with something soon but still waiting..... Not even a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I might bank the transfer, start double Burnley defence (if Taylor is fit) and leave Stones, Sterling & Lacazette on the bench :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

The snow could end up adding some extra games to the double gameweek too if there's games cancelled.
    Think I'll hold fire on transfers for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

eggy81 wrote: »
    Current squad building towards a bench boost.

Martinez de gea

James, cancelo, Dias Justin coufal

Bruno, son, Maddison, gundogan, Grealish

Bamford, Watkins, Antonio

Feel like the team is in decent shape with 4.5m.in the bank plenty of room for manoeuvre. Feel if son doesn’t spark maybe I’m a bit lacking in star quality in midfield especially as gundogan unlikely to keep hitting at the same rate IMO and son looks lost without Kane in the side. Thinking of risking son for auba or salah but unsure. Feel it needs another real threat in there.

Was thinking similar

Martinez Sanchez
    Pieters Cancelo Shaw Justin Coufal
    Salah Bruno Gundogan Maddison Sterling
    Ings Antonio Watkins

In double weeks fellas getting dropped and taken off early has come back to haunt me and I can’t pick my 11 atm not a mind captain. BB and then just a captain to pick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »

I'd be of the opinion that WBA will score - they have to win - and they have been scoring, it's their defense that is the worry for them.

I'm not sold on Gundogan although i have him - but in a tight game he could get a soft penalty and then end up with 11 points very easily.

I don't know why you still have Trent - with a make shift defense at the best of times - your relying on him scoring just to keep tabs will all the other attaching defenders around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,903 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I had two FT's this week. Zouma and Son out, Rudiger and Rashford in.
    Chelsea three clean sheets in a row and Rudiger started every game. Bargain at 4.5m.
    United with a nice run of games coming up and Spurs/Son out of form so easy decision there.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I'd be of the opinion that WBA will score - they have to win - and they have been scoring, it's their defense that is the worry for them.

I'm not sold on Gundogan although i have him - but in a tight game he could get a soft penalty and then end up with 11 points very easily.

I don't know why you still have Trent - with a make shift defense at the best of times - your relying on him scoring just to keep tabs will all the other attaching defenders around.

I brought Trent in as a 1 week punt for the Brighton game (clearly didn’t work out) because I had tonnes of cash and a transfer to use and I chose him as the 1 week defender of choice.

He will go to Digne next week for the DGW and then I’m almost certainly wildcarding the week after.

I absolutely think an argument that West Brom will score is reasonable (and Dier may well be benched after his dodgy performance last night) but surely so is one that Liverpool will score or Gundo will blank?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Anyone here have Salah and thinking of selling him? I’m torn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Newbie20 wrote: »

Had planned on Salah to Son, but Spurs are so rotten at the minute I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Had planned on Salah to Son, but Spurs are so rotten at the minute I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Spurs while they are off form, play a west brom side who are possibly worse.

I have neither Salah nor son, and have grealish as captain at the moment (playing arsenal without Leno should allow him the opportunity to either score or provide Watkins with chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The snow could end up adding some extra games to the double gameweek too if there's games cancelled.
    Think I'll hold fire on transfers for now

90% of cancellations for snow are because of fans not being able to travel on the roads. That's not a problem now. It's been years since there's been more snow than undersoil heating could handle

I think you'd have to have a great use of the funds saved to justify it. If you can do so, then there is no reason why not to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rage transferred him to Bruno.

The regret was instant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I did

Robertson (LIV) -> Dallas (LEE)
    Mitchell (CRY) -> Lowton (BUR)

Leaving me with:

Martinez (AVL), Nyland(AVL)

Cancelo (MCI), Justin (LEI), Lowton (BUR), Dallas (LEE), Stones (MCI)

Bruno (MUN), Son (TOT), Gundogan (MCI), Salah (LIV), Soucek (WHU)

Bamford (LEE), Antonio (WHU), Calvert-Lewin (EVE)

Probably going to bench Stones, Soucek and DCL.

I've got 4.5M in the bank. At the moment I have the exact funds for Son -> Grealish & Gundogan -> KDB, but that's only a thought since it would cost me a -4 to do before the DGW anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Yeah I'm planning to sell for Rashford. I wouldnt be captaining Salah in the next 3 and can get him back in on my wildcard in GW26. EVERTON, West Brom, NEWCASTLE looks a lot better than MAN CITY, Leicester , EVERTON so worth a gamble in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

siblers wrote: »
    Rage transferred him to Bruno.

The regret was instant

Don't know why you would regret it.....Bruno at least as likely if not more likely to get more points over next 5 games.....now if you transferred Salah out for someone badly out of sorts in a poor team I would see the reason for any regret.Liverpool just aren't the same team going forward this Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The Salah flip flopping seems strange to me. Historically he has been one of the top scoring midfielders in the game. He is top scorer in the league this season and 2nd highest scoring midfielder also. Sure he is has had a few blanks recently but he is not overly out of form. It is only last weekend in scored a brace away to West Ham and he done the same the Sunday previous against United in the cup.

Salah and Bruno (despite also going a number of weeks without returning) are set and forgets for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Looking at getting a Burnley defender in for their double. Have a choice of getting rid of Cresswell or Justin since I already have Dias, Cancelo and Dallas. Looking at Justin at the moment due to fixtures but not convinced by it either, especially with his performance during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

keane2097 wrote: »
    I did

Robertson (LIV) -> Dallas (LEE)
    Mitchell (CRY) -> Lowton (BUR)

Leaving me with:

Martinez (AVL), Nyland(AVL)

Cancelo (MCI), Justin (LEI), Lowton (BUR), Dallas (LEE), Stones (MCI)

Bruno (MUN), Son (TOT), Gundogan (MCI), Salah (LIV), Soucek (WHU)

Bamford (LEE), Antonio (WHU), Calvert-Lewin (EVE)

Probably going to bench Stones, Soucek and DCL.

I've got 4.5M in the bank. At the moment I have the exact funds for Son -> Grealish & Gundogan -> KDB, but that's only a thought since it would cost me a -4 to do before the DGW anyway.

KDB won’t be back by GW24 regardless.

Advertisement