Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 23 Transfers

Options

Comments

0.1 away from Che Adams to Vardy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I can see us all falling into the same trap again, DGW'ers over SGW'ers

Anyone wanna guess who'll score best out of the next 3 weeks

Rudiger: shu NEW sou
    Mee: BHA cry/FUL WBA
    Shaw: EVE wba NEW
    Bednarek: new WOL CHE/lee

I'm tempted by the DGW'ers, but can definitely see a scenario when Rudiger/Shaw outscore them.

I've swapped Chilwell for Cresswell to free up the funds. (-4)

I'm nicely clear at the top of my private league so I can afford the 4 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I can see us all falling into the same trap again, DGW'ers over SGW'ers

Anyone wanna guess who'll score best out of the next 3 weeks

Rudiger: shu NEW sou
    Mee: BHA cry/FUL WBA
    Shaw: EVE wba NEW
    Bednarek: new WOL CHE/lee

I'm tempted by the DGW'ers, but can definitely see a scenario when Rudiger/Shaw outscore them.

Rudiger based on the last couple of matches should score well. Mee should on paper.

I wouldn't take a -4 to cover the DGW's. If I had fires to put out I would but not worth it at the moment. I have 2 free transfers so I plan on using 4 for the next 3 gameweeks to cover the two DGW's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Newcastle are ****ed with injuries at the back. Adams could do well. Southampton might bounce back after the Utd game too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

KDB won’t be back by GW24 regardless.

Good to know, thanks. I suppose I'll probably want to use the wildcard sometime in the next few weeks so probably should try and focus on the two small DGWs

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Who would you bench - Gundo or Grealish?

My team is:
    McCarthy
    Lowton, Cancelo, Dias
    Bruno, Maddison, Grealish, Son
    Antonio, Ings, Bamford
    Bench: Coufal, Robertson, Gundy

Coufal vs Lowton is another head wrecker as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ended up doing Steer to Pope. DGW and better fixture this week than Martinez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Who would you bench - Gundo or Grealish?

My team is:
    McCarthy
    Lowton, Cancelo, Dias
    Bruno, Maddison, Grealish, Son
    Antonio, Ings, Bamford
    Bench: Coufal, Robertson, Gundy

Coufal vs Lowton is another head wrecker as well.

I would look at the fixtures and have a guesstimate as to which team you think will win....and if they will win without conceding or if the player is likely to score/assist, do you think villa score or assist by grealish against arsenal (arsenal missing 2 through suspension) .

Likewise, do you think gundo will be subject to pep roulette or is he likely to score against a Liverpool team who at the moment are unpredictable/unreliable.

Similar logic for the coufal/lowton dilemma .... which seems most likely to concede (if necessary look at bookies odds to see who is favorite to keep a clean sheet).... you could look at bookies odds for likely goal scorers too....the bookies don’t always get it right but they have a lot of inside knowledge at every club.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Much chance of the weather taking games out this weekend? Thinking of playing BB

• Advertisement

Much chance of the weather taking games out this weekend? Thinking of playing BB
    Would it not be better to wait for a double gameweek ?

Not much chance of games called off these days, clubs know what weather is coming and will be prepared for it in the best way.

Would it not be better to wait for a double gameweek ?

Not much chance of games called off these days, clubs know what weather is coming and will be prepared for it in the best way.

In the past playing it in a DGW has completely skewed my transfer strategy. I end up taking hits to get 15 players. Whereas I have good fixtures for my bench this week and a strong front 8, and can then plan without the BB headache.

In the past playing it in a DGW has completely skewed my transfer strategy. I end up taking hits to get 15 players. Whereas I have good fixtures for my bench this week and a strong front 8, and can then plan without the BB headache.

Go for it then.... hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Went for Brewster to Bamford and going to bench DCL/Gundogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Did Johnstone to Pope. Will start Pope for the next 3 gws (Brighton, crystal palace, Fulham and west brom). Martinez will be on the bench but I’ll review the keeper situation around gw 26 with potential wildcard and bb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Matches used to be mainly cancelled for crowd safety, not an issue at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »
    Tough one, I just got Salah for Sterling this week and thinking of swapping back!
    Would people go for:
    Salah & Zaha to Sterling & Grealish
    Or
    Salah & Robinson to Sterling & Watkins

Both are for a -4, leaning to the latter as Zaha might only miss 1 game and his fixtures are good after that

Went for the first one as I'm worried about rotation and 2 non players on the bench, also fancy both Sterling and Grealish to pick up points this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sterling is notorious for playing extremely poor at Anfield since joining Man City. Has been taken off before the 90 a good few times too as a result.

Now this could be down to a hostile Anfield reception that affected him, so that could change this weekend.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Sterling is notorious for playing extremely poor at Anfield since joining Man City. Has been taken off before the 90 a good few times too as a result.

Now this could be down to a hostile Anfield reception that affected him, so that could change this weekend.

Do I need to review my team again ? I put sterling on the bench because he traditionally doesn’t do well against Liverpool.

I think grealish should do well against arsenal .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Half thinking of not playing one of Stones and Cancelo. Probably will bench stones.

Liverpool bring it for the big games.

Would give me option to start maybe a Justin or Dallas then too.

So many will do double city defence and could help me gain some points, need to take loads of gambles to gain anyway and just enjoy FPL.

1 FT, Robbo to Lowton. Banked 2nd FT to bring in a few DGW players next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Do I need to review my team again ? I put sterling on the bench because he traditionally doesn’t do well against Liverpool.

I think grealish should do well against arsenal .

I've benched Sterling & Stones myself. Maybe I'm thinking too much heart over head there myself. Mane back for Liverpool too, along with Salah so I'd back Liverpool scoring which would negate Man City's CS points but someone like Cancelo could get attacking returns.

But Liverpool are not actually defending all that bad either. It's more midfield problems IMO, which in turn affects the attack. Alisson & Fabinho back this weekend too. Sterling usually performs poorly at Anfield so gonna bench him. I can't see him having a massive haul even if he does score. As I mentioned in the last thread, somehow Sterling avoids bps so even if Sterling scores, it's probably a 6 or 7 point return. It's different to if a Soucek scores and it could be 9 or 10 points.

I'm willing to risk it this week, and only this week. I need a swing of some sorts to go in my favour so gonna chance it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've two free transfers this week so im back to my problem of last week who do I bring Grealish in for? I have Gundogan Salah Maddison Bruno and Soucek so either Gundogan or Soucek.....

Then I've decided to finally move on Robertson but not sure yet for who. I've already got Stones dunno about a second city defender considering next few games. Also have Dallas Coufal and Mitchell.

Burnley have decent fixtures and the double game week so thinking Ben Mee but he's not the sexiest option compared to Cancelo Cresswell or Digne for example.

Anyway ya im gonna be at this till deadline tomorrow ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone think its worth -4 to get Antonio/DCL in for Reid? Would be benching Gundogan then but think either could outscore him this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ATM I have Dias Gundogan and Justin benched which seems crazy to me.

Starting

Cancelo Lowton Cresswell

Salah Son Bruno Grealish

Wilson Antonio Bamford

I'm not sure Gundogan has as good odds to score as the front 7 and seems a risk to do 2 City defenders against Liverpool and Justin/Lowton is pretty 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

How does Shaw in for Robertson and Grealish in for Gundogun sound?

Or should I take out Soucek instead seeing as city have double next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

No Liverpool players and triple city leaves me open to a significant burning this week I think. I bet Liverpool turn up Sunday. Still might get salah last minute but it invokes selling either son or Bruno to do it in one transfer. Wary of getting burn by son for the 3rd time this season if I do. Might go 3 at the back and bench Dias and gundo and hope cancelo gets an attacking return either. Difficult week to make any calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Zouma out for Mee

Cancelo Mee Robertson

Benching Stones and Holding.

How does Shaw in for Robertson and Grealish in for Gundogun sound?

Or should I take out Soucek instead seeing as city have double next week?

Shaw, yes.

And probably yes on Soucek out rather than Gundog.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shmeee wrote: »
    Half thinking of not playing one of Stones and Cancelo. Probably will bench stones.
    ElTel wrote: »
    Zouma out for Mee

Cancelo Mee Robertson

Benching Stones and Holding.

Doing the same.

Cancelo Robertson Mee (Stones Bednarek)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Brewster and Mitchell out for Lowton and Bamford for a probably unnecessary hit.....will start them both this GW, Bamford is a fun player to own in fairness

Advertisement