Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Indoor Cam not connecting

Options
  • 04-02-2021 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

hi everybody,
    maybe it s just me. But I was quite looking forward to this new toy. the app took a while to install. I mean, create an account. all I needed was name, surname, address and psw, pretty standard but several attempts needed

anyway. now the camera itself does not seem to play ball. i did follow the set up (again, pretty standard and easy steps) but it won't connect to wiifi, even when i plug it in beside the router. it keep saying:

"set up did not complete. your wi fi router too far from ring device"

any ideas? anybody with similar issue?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

On the Ring page it is mention that:

"Ring products can only connect to channels 1-11 on a 2.4 GHz network"

My Virgin Media network:

Network band: 5 GHz
    Network channel: 40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

turniton wrote: »
    On the Ring page it is mention that:

My Virgin Media network:

Network band: 5 GHz
    Network channel: 40

VM router can operate a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz network at the same time. You'd need to go into the router settings and make sure you activate the 2.4GHz network as well.

On a personal note, I've had a lot of trouble with the VM router when both networks were active, but that could have been just my router. AFAIK, there's no widespread problem with these networks being active at the same time.

Thanks JoyPad, went to router settings. it now shows:

Wireless (On (2.4 and 5 GHz))

but still no joy with the Ring Camera. it won't connect :(

Thanks JoyPad, went to router settings. it now shows:

Wireless (On (2.4 and 5 GHz))

but still no joy with the Ring Camera. it won't connect :(

I don't own on of these Ring devices, but I assume you need to configure it. At the minimum, you'd need to tell it which wireless network to connect to, and the password (or what-have-you in terms of security). You would need to do that after activating the 2.4GHz network on your router. According to google, you do that with the Ring app.

Thanks for taking the time. Yes I did that but it kept getting stuck when connecting (after paring device and selecting my VM broadband and entering code)

Went to router setting and changed port "13" to "automatic".

i have no idea if that was the issue but the camera finally connected and seems ok so far. i ll tell tonight, when my boys is sleeping and there is any movement (him waking up!) and I get notifications

• Advertisement

Went to router setting and changed port "13" to "automatic".

You should move it to 1, 6, or 11 (instead of Automatic).
    With Automatic, the router will move to one of the channels it supports, which go up to 13, so it's possible to switch outside the supported range for Ring (1-11).

Advertisement