Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer from Current to CC

Options
  • 04-02-2021 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

1. Logged in to my account on my laptop, then faffed around waiting for notification on my phone. 
    2.Then had to log in to the app on my phone, but no notification received
    3. Login on my laptop had timed out, so had to login again
    4. Swiped on phone, and was then able to access my account on laptop
    5. Clicked to transfer money from Current to 'another account'
    6. Unable to choose credit card as destination for transfer
    7. The dropdown box is just a repeat of request to choose account to transfer to

It would be easier to walk to my local branch than go through this schmozzle every time I want to do something as simple as transfer money 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

DaveyA wrote: »
    1. Logged in to my account on my laptop, then faffed around waiting for notification on my phone. 
    2.Then had to log in to the app on my phone, but no notification received
    3. Login on my laptop had timed out, so had to login again
    4. Swiped on phone, and was then able to access my account on laptop
    5. Clicked to transfer money from Current to 'another account'
    6. Unable to choose credit card as destination for transfer
    7. The dropdown box is just a repeat of request to choose account to transfer to

It would be easier to walk to my local branch than go through this schmozzle every time I want to do something as simple as transfer money 
    Hi DaveyA 

Thanks for checking in with us here. 

If there is any delay with the notification reaching you, when you select the device on your browser, open the BOI App on your selected device and click on the 'Added Online Security' option directly under the login details. This will pull the notification in for you and prevent any timed out session on your laptop. 

If you are looking to transfer to a BOI Credit Card, when logged in through site, you can go to Payments at the top, select Send Money or Pay Bill, select account to pay from and then it will ask you to select the Payee you wish to make a transfer to. (The Credit Card will be added as a 'Bill' rather than 'another account').

Hoping the above helps. If you need further assistance please feel free to get back in touch. 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DaveyA

"If you are looking to transfer to a BOI Credit Card, when logged in through site, you can go to Payments at the top, select Send Money or Pay Bill, select account to pay from and then it will ask you to select the Payee you wish to make a transfer to. (The Credit Card will be added as a 'Bill' rather than 'another account')."

OK it worked with the Pay Bill link - I tried to use the 'transfer money between accounts' option, which is the one that had the dropdown that echoed the query of which account you wanted to transfer to, but without offering you an account name/number. I know that sounds garbled, but it's difficult to explain. 

I'm not trying to pay a bill, I'm transferring money from current a/c to my cc a/c. Is a credit card account not considered to be an account? 

Clunky and annoying. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

DaveyA wrote: »
    "If you are looking to transfer to a BOI Credit Card, when logged in through site, you can go to Payments at the top, select Send Money or Pay Bill, select account to pay from and then it will ask you to select the Payee you wish to make a transfer to. (The Credit Card will be added as a 'Bill' rather than 'another account')."

OK it worked with the Pay Bill link - I tried to use the 'transfer money between accounts' option, which is the one that had the dropdown that echoed the query of which account you wanted to transfer to, but without offering you an account name/number. I know that sounds garbled, but it's difficult to explain. 

I'm not trying to pay a bill, I'm transferring money from current a/c to my cc a/c. Is a credit card account not considered to be an account? 

Clunky and annoying. 
    Hi DaveyA 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

The credit card will always show in the Bill section for you. In general terms, yes you are correct it can be known as a credit card account. 

Happy to hear the transfer has now gone through for you. 

Any future queries feel free to check back in. 

Appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement