Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shower Replacement Query

• 04-02-2021 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

hello
    at the moment i have a Triton T40i that runs of the immersion that has a copper tank that takes ages to heat the water , i rang a place this morning to see if they could fit a shower with a Heating Element so i have hot water straight away and he said it would not be possible and would cost alot of money for some reason.

is there any other options available ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Your Triton T40i isn't actually a shower. It is a pump in a box & it's fed from the bath mixer set. You can replace it with another T40i. 200 to 250 euros supplied & fitted. Anything else is a much bigger job. To install an electric shower you would be looking at between 700 and 1000 euros, depending on the layout of the house & what part of the country you are in. Its a few hours work for a plumber and an electrician

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

thanks sleeper 12
    ill have to stick with this dodgy timer box pictured below to heat my water which i find confusing , do you think this litlle box could be replaced with a more modern digital box ?
    P8dSPVk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Poncke

Teothican wrote: »
    thanks sleeper 12
    ... dodgy timer box ...

That looks like some old 1950s nuclear rocket launch box :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

thanks sleeper 12
    ill have to stick with this dodgy timer box pictured below to heat my water which i find confusing , do you think this litlle box could be replaced with a more modern digital box ?

There is a more modern looking version of that timer. I'm not sure if there is a digital version. Some of the heating lads would know a lot more about them than I do. The electrical forum will be able to help too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

thanks sleeper 12
    P8dSPVk.png

They were a pretty good timer. Do you have nightsaver/dual tariff electricity?

If the cylinder is/can be reasonably well insulated why not keep it heated all of the time?

• Advertisement
Advertisement