Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concern about men wearing masks in Belfast

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

"For Drugs and Ulster"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Orange Tiny Terror

Basket case of a place. It should be disowned by both Ireland and UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

you've never been so.
    the north is great and decent people.
    a few estates aside it's top class up there

paw patrol wrote: »
    you've never been so.

I spent several months there, it's a horrible place and full of scum and utter wasters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,913 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I loved the time I spent in NI. I like Belfast as well. Shame to see this sort of thing.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I spent several months there, it's a horrible place and full of scum and utter wasters.

Ye did yea, did ye?

Is is yea, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭French Toast

“Throughout the duration of the day, the East Belfast UVF forced several families out of their homes and into refuge at a local community centre.”

Jaysus. Thought it was just a bit of willy waving until I saw this.

Northern Ireland is one of the most scenic and picturesque parts of the country. The people, for the most part, are also fantastic and super fiendly. The place is cheaper and usually has a better selection of pubs, restaurants, cafes etc.

It's an awful shame that a few sh1tehawks ruin it for the rest of us. People using this latest story as a means to denigrate the place don't know what they're talking about. It's the same as someone from Derry giving out about Dublin because Gemma O'D and her ilk. They are in no way representative of the guts of the population.......a vocal and very minority is what they are, but they are a minority nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Have you gone to Dublin recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Ireland and UK could agree to give them Rockall and they could all move there and have there own little country? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There's good and bad everywhere.

Most NI people are warm and friendly.

Good business people who know how to make an honest deal.

Don't judge the place just on the toxicity of the politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

That's ok, they aren't Shinners but are Loyalists just out for a stroll.
    RTE can completely ignore it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Ulster says no masks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

the incident is linked to “an internal row” within the loyalist paramilitary Ulster Volunteer Force.
    With the troubles over they turn on themselves.
    Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Ulster says no masks

They all wear the same aftershave cocktail, David Beckham with Brut.

If it ever looks like there'll be a United Ireland and I own a house it'll be on the market as soon as possible. If my parents are still around I'll rent for a while, if not I'll be gone.
    I live near the border and want nothing to do with them, whatever religion they think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I was regularly up in Belfast during the '90s when it was like visiting Beiruit. But in my most recent visit about two years ago, I could not get over how beautiful it has become with all the new developments. It was also nice to be able to go to pubs and clubs and not be concerned if you were in the right one/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

Honestly if anyone has the flexibility with work to be able to live up in Belfast at the same income level, and chooses Dublin instead, then they are a fool unless they are earning shitloads of money that they're happy to throw away on rent or a mortgage.

If you do your research, you get a fairly decently sized home in a good area, at somewhere between a half and a third of the price/rent it would cost in Dublin - and the people are generally sound, and (in non-covid times) there's a decent amount of amenities in the city.

Dublin and Belfast are both shitholes and dodgy in their own way. Belfast is the affordable shithole - primarily if your income doesn't depend on location.

paw patrol wrote: »
    you've never been so.

It’s really not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

If it ever looks like there'll be a United Ireland and I own a house it'll be on the market as soon as possible. If my parents are still around I'll rent for a while, if not I'll be gone.
    I live near the border and want nothing to do with them, whatever religion they think they are.

Why. Can you explain what difference a United Ireland will make to you living near the border.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Norn Iron, Ireland's riviera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

KyussB wrote: »
    Honestly if anyone has the flexibility with work to be able to live up in Belfast at the same income level,

I like Belfast but that would never happen unfortunately, there's a serious salary differential between the private sector of the two cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

That's ok, they aren't Shinners but are Loyalists just out for a stroll.
    RTE can completely ignore it then.

if it was the other way around the conversation wouldnt be about how nice/**** the north is

Its basically the UVF flexing for the sea border argument. Blanch and co would have made this a 90 page thread by now if it were republicans
    On Wednesday, David Campbell, the chairman of the Loyalist Communities Council (LCC), which has the backing of paramilitary groups, said it may be necessary "to fight physically to maintain our freedoms within the UK."

Have you gone to Dublin recently?

Not since COVID, but we're stuck with Dublin, we're not stuck with NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Orange Tiny Terror

Not since COVID, but we're stuck with Dublin, we're not stuck with NI.

You’re lucky to have Dublin otherwise you’d be living in the Western Europe equivalent of Moldova

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

N Ireland does appear to be wobbling a lot these days. The 2 extremes in politics DUP/SF are to blame for a lot as they both foster a lot of negative and hardline notions, IE, you need us without us everything goes to hell. This rubs off the people who end up following suit. Some supporters of each side even refuse to believe the truth about things preferring instead to live in the self-created notions that is chaos.

'The masses have never thirsted after truth. They demand illusions' Sigmund Freud.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

N Ireland does appear to be wobbling a lot these days. The 2 extremes in politics DUP/SF are to blame for a lot as they both foster a lot of negative and hardline notions, IE, you need us without us everything goes to hell. This rubs off the people who end up following suit. Some supporters of each side even refuse to believe the truth about things preferring instead to live in the self-created notions that is chaos.

'The masses have never thirsted after truth. They demand illusions' Sigmund Freud.

theres only one side having a strop at the minute

Advertisement