Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas boiler

• 04-02-2021 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Is it acceptable to install a gas boiler outside of your house? What type of housing would it need to be in?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Its never a good idea, even when installed in properly built shelters with insulation, they never last as long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Thanks for that, much appreciated

Having worked in London for many years it was very common to see boilers fitted outside normally in a wooden compartment you can now buy purposes built metal housings that attach to the wall, I would have no problem having a boiler fitted in that manor fitted in my home.

Ye it doesn’t seem to be common in Ireland, not sure why?! Oil boilers yea but not many gas outside

Ye it doesn’t seem to be common in Ireland, not sure why?! Oil boilers yea but not many gas outside

As a boiler manufacturers technical representative working in Ireland I would have found little issue over the years with a boiler fitted outside in which it would of been the fault of the position of the boiler but I have seen problems with the lack of care given to the boiler by the RGIs working on it as they can get away with more naughtiness than they could if the boiler was in the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Is it acceptable to install a gas boiler outside of your house? What type of housing would it need to be in?

We have ours outside in our shed. About 2 metres away from our house. No issues so far. In the last house we had it in a shed attached to the house. NO issues with it in the 8 years we were there.

Thanks for all the info folks, will save a considerable amount of money if it can be located outside in a weather proof enclosure

Thanks for all the info folks, will save a considerable amount of money if it can be located outside in a weather proof enclosure

I don’t see a problem with finding a a purpose built enclosure that is fitted to the side of the wall( pm me if you want me to direct you to a supplier I know of)

Advertisement