Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gearbox makes noise when pressing the clutch pedal

Options
  • 04-02-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,

I started to hear a pitched squeaking as I press the pedal when I start the car. Noise for a while and afterwards it stops. NO NOISE when I change gear.

Any experience?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Kaldo wrote: »
    Hi,

I started to hear a pitched squeaking as I press the pedal when I start the car. Noise for a while and afterwards it stops. NO NOISE when I change gear.

Any experience?

Are you hearing the noise as the pedal travels to the floor or when you reach the bottom of the pedals travel? If it's the latter I believe a clutch release bearing can be the culprit. As for the primary I once drove a family members skoda Octavia that hadn't been driven for a while and the clutch made a squeak as it was depressed, but it went away after being driven for a bit. Has the car been sitting a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Kaldo

I believe it was the second option as I'm driving it lately and no noise. Thanks for getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Kaldo wrote: »
    I believe it was the second option as I'm driving it lately and no noise. Thanks for getting back.

It's great when a problem goes away cost free!

Advertisement