If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG CX 55

Options
  • 04-02-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new TV and have my eye on the LG CX. Just a couple of questions before I pull the trigger:
    • Are there any other TVs for a similar price or less you'd recommend? I've read that OLEDs may not be best in bright conditions and have some concerns about the possibility of burn in. Is that a common issue or is it overblown?
    • I noticed in another post there are free earbuds on the UK site which you offered to add here as well. Is that still a possibility? 
    • I need some extra HDMI cables as well. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I'm looking to get a new TV and have my eye on the LG CX. Just a couple of questions before I pull the trigger:
    • Are there any other TVs for a similar price or less you'd recommend? I've read that OLEDs may not be best in bright conditions and have some concerns about the possibility of burn in. Is that a common issue or is it overblown?
    • I noticed in another post there are free earbuds on the UK site which you offered to add here as well. Is that still a possibility? 

[*]
    Hi Doctor Jimbob.

The OLED are the best on the market but can be a bit reflective in bright rooms if the sun shines onto them.
    The screen burn has been dealt with over the years by the manufacturer to try and reduce this from happening but can still pose a risk with OLED technology. (It is hard to do this and I've only ever seen a handful over the years with logos burnt onto them from kids Television stations, think one had a new station on it).

It just like the old Plasma technology which had the better picture quality but could get image retention and where not the best under bright conditions.

I've an my OLED 3 year now and love it. I watch a lot of spots and play games on it and no issues.
    On some sunny days if the sun shines through my window directly onto the TV it can get a little faded to watch but then I just switch it off and of and go out and enjoy the sun :) 

We are including the Free LG headphone with the purchase of the 55CX and just add them manually was the sale is placed.

For HDMI cables I would recommend the Audioquest Pearl 1m priced at 24 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200471-audioquest-pearl-hdmi-1m-hdmi-lead.aspx

Or for the HDMI 2.1 44 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205084-audioquest-pearl-48gbps-hdmi-2-1-1m-hdmi-cable.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

[*]
    Hi Doctor Jimbob.

The OLED are the best on the market but can be a bit reflective in bright rooms if the sun shines onto them.
    The screen burn has been dealt with over the years by the manufacturer to try and reduce this from happening but can still pose a risk with OLED technology. (It is hard to do this and I've only ever seen a handful over the years with logos burnt onto them from kids Television stations, think one had a new station on it).

It just like the old Plasma technology which had the better picture quality but could get image retention and where not the best under bright conditions.

I've an my OLED 3 year now and love it. I watch a lot of spots and play games on it and no issues.
    On some sunny days if the sun shines through my window directly onto the TV it can get a little faded to watch but then I just switch it off and of and go out and enjoy the sun :) 

We are including the Free LG headphone with the purchase of the 55CX and just add them manually was the sale is placed.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-205084-audioquest-pearl-48gbps-hdmi-2-1-1m-hdmi-cable.aspx

[*]
    Thanks for the detailed response Kenny, I'll probably go ahead with that. 

[*]
    Hi Doctor Jimbob.

[*]
    Thanks for the detailed response Kenny, I'll probably go ahead with that. 
    [*]
    Hey Doctor Jimbob.

You will not be disappointed :)

You can order directly via our website and I can add the headphones manually or if you prefer you can drop me your contact number in a PM and we can call you to finalise the order up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

[*]
    Hey Doctor Jimbob.

You can order directly via our website and I can add the headphones manually or if you prefer you can drop me your contact number in a PM and we can call you to finalise the order up.

Cheers Kenny, ordered in the site there now.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

[*]
    Hey Doctor Jimbob.

[*]

[*]
    Thanks for the order Doctor Jimbo!

• Advertisement

[*]
    Hey Doctor Jimbob.

[*]

[*]
    Hey Doctor Jimbob.

If you drop me over you full name in a PM i can get an update this morning on your order.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.