Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway non-delivery

Options
  • 04-02-2021 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

FASTWAY again. They say they have tried to deliver a package to our house for over a week on multiple occasions. We are retired and in lockdown, we go nowhere most days. The doorbell is working. My phone is working.. If I have to go out for milk, I leave a big red box on my doorstep with a label on it saying DELIVERIES. Obviously they aren't delivering to our house, though they have the correct details. They have my phone number. I have emailed them. I got two replies out of 5 emails I sent. I have left messages on the site. Has someone stolen my package,? Is this how they are trying to hide the fact it is lost or stolen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not unusual from them. We are remotely rural and several times they said they couldn't deliver as we (likewise retired and at home) weren't there or didn't answer the phone to give directions. We now won't buy from sellers who use them

Contact the seller. The delivery contract is with them. They need to chase it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get the seller to sort it, when thats done call them and tell them you wont be ordering again because of their choice of courier. Consumers need to pass this feedback back or we'll never be rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you (probably) didnt contract with fastway.

contact the seller, it is their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FromAntrim

Thanks everyone for the helpful support. Coincidentally or not, less than 24 hours after posting the complaint last night, the delivery happened this morning! it had been trying to get here since 12 January, went back to the depot twice, back to sender once, etcetc. the tracking page on the site covers three screens. Not efficient but eventual.

Advertisement