Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin mobile data limits??

• 04-02-2021 11:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I've been using three mobile and regularly go over their 60 GB data limit with no issue.

Is Virgin comparable?

I've read they'll bill you 3 euro per excess gig used (capped at 60).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

DopeTech wrote: »

Doesn't do anything to answer what happens in practice when one goes over their fair usage policy.

Doesn't do anything to answer what happens in practice when one goes over their fair usage policy.

It says you'll be charged at standard rates which is 1c per MB after you exceed 80GB. Fairly transparent to me.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

It says you'll be charged at standard rates which is 1c per MB after you exceed 80GB. Fairly transparent to me.

I don't know if that clause is included in the Three mobile policy but I go way over their limit without issue, extra charge, data reduction etc etc.

I'm curious as to whether virgin actually implement their fair use policy.

Or, as some anecdotes go, are Three the only truly unlimited data providers?

I don't know if that clause is included in the Three mobile policy but I go way over their limit without issue, extra charge, data reduction etc etc.

I'm curious as to whether virgin actually implement their fair use policy.

Or, as some anecdotes go, are Three the only truly unlimited data providers?

Even if they aren't enforcing it today they could at any time and you could get stung for a massive bill some month. Always better to go prepay if you want to test the limits like that. Then the most they can take is whatever credit you have.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement

Even if they aren't enforcing it today they could at any time and you could get stung for a massive bill some month. Always better to go prepay if you want to test the limits like that. Then the most they can take is whatever credit you have.

Ah, the virgin deal I have is the 5 euro per month bill pay from my account.

Three is prepay, 20 euro per with unlimited data.

So, no doubt this is in the link you posted but, clearly what you're saying is Virgin can simply increase my 5 euro per month bill for going over the data limit.

I suppose my query is, has this happened to anyone?

Am I asking in the right forum? Perhaps this is more of a consumer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭feargantae

Btw, 3 haven't a limit anymore. They removed it for the duration of the pandemic. Not that they ever imposed the 60GB limit anyway, they just reserved the right to.

feargantae wrote: »
    Btw, 3 haven't a limit anymore. They removed it for the duration of the pandemic. Not that they ever imposed the 60GB limit anyway, they just reserved the right to.

So, three are in fact superior to virgin when it comes to not charging for exceeding a data limit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I had a Virgin Sim last year and went over the 80GB every month during lockdown but never got charged anything extra.
    I was told by Virgin the speed would be reduced if I went over 80gb but I never noticed any difference in speed if they did.

Advertisement