Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you review Briggs and Stratton self propelled yard scraper

• 05-02-2021 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a Briggs and Stratton self propelled yard scraper for cleaning out sheds:
    Question 1: Are they worth the money?
    Question 2: Briggs & Stratton v Honda?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Here is a video on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

At work we run prob hundred petrol machines.
    B&S or Honda, would take either, both reliable and long lived if looked after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Jjameson wrote: »
    Watch for a self propelled lawnmower with rotten deck and put a little scraper on front?

One of those self propelled may be cheaper.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/yard-scraper/27088791

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lolamontez

timple23 wrote: »
    One of those self propelled may be cheaper.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/yard-scraper/27088791

That's such a neat job, thanks very much for sharing that link. ðŸ‘🙂

• Advertisement

Watch for a self propelled lawnmower with rotten deck and put a little scraper on front?

Never thought of that, fair play, think outside the box. There are plenty to be had surely and modified like you say. Thanks very much.

Lolamontez wrote: »
    That's such a neat job, thanks very much for sharing that link. ��
    That is not fit for purpose. The belts will burn out and you'll rip the transmission out of it in no time at all. That is someone playing about with a welder after the deck rotted off a Murray ride-on.

They are some job, thanks very much for sharing that info with me, the supplier in Boyle has a fine page of stuff. Cheers

That is not fit for purpose. The belts will burn out and you'll rip the transmission out of it in no time at all. That is someone playing about with a welder after the deck rotted off a Murray ride-on.

That's a fair point alright, you are right in saying that. It's not the intended use initially, be only making a quick buck for someone if to buy alright.

_Brian wrote: »
    At work we run prob hundred petrol machines.
    B&S or Honda, would take either, both reliable and long lived if looked after.

The Honda engine p/w I have I can't fault it, but I had come across that video the other day and was interested to see if others could make recommendations to me. Cheers

• Advertisement

Here is a video on one.

That's the video I watched the other day that prompted me to see what ye guys on boards made of these scrapers. That video wouldn't draw you too much to purchasing one.

It’s a bit of first class guntering! If you didn’t dog it Itd do plenty of scraping for small money. But if you’d a bigger budget there more Industrial diesel hydrostatic mowers available for handy money. Or even compact tractors,

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26891726

4K for an walk behind scraper is barmy.
    No transmission in a lawn tractor is designed for that sort loading irrespective of whether they have gears or hydrostatic transmission.
    An Iseki or Kubota might handle it but they aren't lawn tractors.

They are strong enough to push a mower bed up a grassy incline. As I say if you didn’t dog them pushing too much too fastI think they’d be a preferable to pushing a hand scraper! We one as kids and with a homemade trailer and it was only broken from complete misadventure!

But if you wanted to spend more than a few hundred

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/27077540

I assure you a Murray Lawn Tractor is not a quality engineered machine.

The price in that advert is 950 and if you've even seen a disassembled lawn tractor transmission on a bench you would realise they are not made to be rebuilt.
    After a rotted deck a broken transmission is the next thing that will cause a lawn tractor to be scrapped. The engines are usually reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I assure you a Murray Lawn Tractor is not a quality engineered machine.

Good, you can disappear to the shed & upgrade by instalments

1) fit car diff and bolt wheels to it :

https://imgur.com/Os7BKdJ

The price in that advert is 950 and if you've even seen a disassembled lawn tractor transmission on a bench you would realise they are not made to be rebuilt.
    After a rotted deck a broken transmission is the next thing that will cause a lawn tractor to be scrapped. The engines are usually reliable.

Once the belt geos (which it will extra quick in muck and sh1te),that'll be the end of it,as getting someone to replace it will be impossible

I have seen,quads with a scraper built for em though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I wonder could you drive one off a 12v motor and say 2 car batteries wired in parallel?
    You could put in on charge than after every use.

Petrol engines are a pain starting and then the noise off them.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I wonder could you drive one off a 12v motor and say 2 car batteries wired in parallel?
    You could put in on charge than after every use.

Petrol engines are a pain starting and then the noise off them.
    Que someone coming on with a golf cart or milk float scraper. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Farm365

How much are the Robotic scrapers? Are they a good job?

Farm365 wrote: »
    How much are the Robotic scrapers? Are they a good job?

Think the lely ones are over 10k. Possibly 14/15k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,782 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Think the lely ones are over 10k. Possibly 14/15k.

Taking one for the team.

How exactly do those robotic scrapers work?
    Is there a collecting tray or box inside or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

have a search of "Briody agri services "

He has a sit on 3 wheel scrapper and silage pusher in one. its a fine job and he fabricated it himself

Taking one for the team.

How exactly do those robotic scrapers work?
    Is there a collecting tray or box inside or what?

I don't have one, there are two types, one with a collecting box for solid floor sheds, and another for ones with slatted passageways. Youtube will give the info.

Advertisement