Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shedding

• 05-02-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

We have a chavachon (mostly king charles genes) and he is shedding like crazy - it is driving me insane - there is hair everywhere in the house, on my clothes, in the air.... i have a shedding brush but I could spend 30 mins on him and it is still coming off!?

Is there anything I could do to reduce the level of dog hair falling off?

Would bringing him to a groomer for a hair cut help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

He could be losing his winter coat which will cause extra shedding but should reduce in a bit.
    I think regular brushing is about all you can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

We have a chavachon (mostly king charles genes) and he is shedding like crazy - it is driving me insane - there is hair everywhere in the house, on my clothes, in the air.... i have a shedding brush but I could spend 30 mins on him and it is still coming off!?

Is there anything I could do to reduce the level of dog hair falling off?

Would bringing him to a groomer for a hair cut help?

Yes regular grooming every 6/8/10 weeks (depending on individual dog) can help try also adding salmon oil to his diet - this can help reduce shedding too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You probably need a rake to get the dead undercoat out rather than a deshedding tool which is probably just getting (and butchering!) the top coat out. I wash my retriever maybe two or three times a year at most.

.. And I advise you to use the rake out on a walk and return the fur to nature rather than your house lol :p

Advertisement