Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proud Boys declared Terrorist Organisation by Canada *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Edz87 wrote: »
    I know, I am the UVF.

Ulster victim of fashion??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Mad_maxx, you obviously didn't read the mod warning. Don't post in this thread again

The Canadian government has gone with neo fascist, rather than simply white supremacist.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/cntr-trrrsm/lstd-ntts/crrnt-lstd-ntts-en.aspx#510

Couldn't give a **** what the Canadian government choose.

Doesn't make the proudboys terrorists outside of Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Couldn't give a **** what the Canadian government choose.

Doesn't make the proudboys terrorists outside of Canada?

If as you claim, you couldn't give a **** about Canada designating the Proud Boys as a terrorist organisation, then why are you continuing to in a thread about Canada designating the Proud Boys as a terrorist organisation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Balcurris

Edz87 wrote: »
    Are those black Henri Lloyd polos terrorism too? Would hate to be sponsoring terrorism by wearing my one out and about.

Nah you're good. Its Fred Perry these lads wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

wes wrote: »
    Good, hopefully the Irish government follow suit, as well as the rest of the EU.

Far right white supremacists groups, have been allowed to operated with impunity for far to long. About time to see some action.

Also, people who compare anti-fascists, as being equivalent to white supremacists, tell you everything about their sympathies....

The bolded bit makes you sound like the equivalent of the 'reds under the beds' types on the other side of the political spectrum.

Merely pointing out, correctly, that some Antifa use and approve of violence in the interests of achieving their aims does not make one a fascist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Another case of politicians taking a stance against a group when it doesn't negatively affect them politically or financially.

You may plan or commit terrorism only if you:

1. are a big trading partner of us
    2. have a more powerful army than we have
    3. are the correct colour according to our voter base

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

Fascists', want to kill all non-white people.

Anti-fascists, are against that.

Somehow, some people who are totally not fascists themselves, think these 2 are the same some how.

Any reasonable person is ant-fascist, it is not an organization. You can no more declare anti-fascism a terrorist group, then you can declare fascism a terrorist group. Now you can declare specific groups like the proud boys terrorists, as they are an organization that has openly engaged in political violence for several years. If someone is angry about them being rightly declared a terrorist group, then its clear they have sympathies towards this terrorist group, and again if you are against anti-fascism, then you are a fascist.

Where did you get those definitions? Was this why Mussolini started Fascism? To kill all nonwhite people? (Or to seize power?) Are you ignorant of this, or are these modern redefinitions of these words?

The Soviet Union frequently used the term “anti fascism” to persecute perceived enemies all over Eastern Europe after ww2. Such as the Polish Home Army who had fought the Nazis all through ww2.

You seem to making the same old trope, disagree with me , and you are a fascist.

Going back to the Proud Boys, I’m no expert and not a fan, but the current head of them (alleged police informer), appears to be a black man.

Also, I think the Canadian government could make a more convincing case by presenting more evidence behind their decision. Maybe even using that evidence to make a prosecution in court.

Biker79 wrote: »
    Masculinity is in decline:

https://www.urologytimes.com/view/testosterone-levels-show-steady-decrease-among-young-us-men

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/environment-fish-changing-sex-gender-chemicals-pollution-rivers-water-charles-tyler-fisheries-society-symposium-a7821086.html

High paying jobs now require sitting at a desk under artificial lights, among other environmental conditions that weaken mens health. IQs are dropping ...as manifested by woke religion.

Is it any wonder groups spring up advocating for men. Inevitably these groups will eventually attract a certain element, but they started off with good intentions.

I suppose its a bit like those leftie groups ..except with more valid concerns than pronouns and the like.

If your concern is "masculinity in decline", that's one of the most hilariously silly concerns going... Adding vague claims doesn't legitimise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

donaghs wrote: »

Going back to the Proud Boys, I’m no expert and not a fan, but the current head of them (alleged police informer), appears to be a black man.

Enrique Tarrio, the current chairman, identifies as "afro-cuban"

While there is a white supremacist element with the Proud Boys (Kyle Chapman and the Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights sub-group, for example), it's probably more accurate to describe them on the whole as neo-fascist, Islamophobic and extreme-right wing. They've tended to avoid specific racism and homophobia (although their acceptance of homosexuality seems to be limited to a particular, almost heteronormative, subset of it).

Despite the racial identity of their leader and some of their members, their self proclaimed "western chauvinism" is functionally very similar to "white nationalism", in the sense that it expressly exalts the supremacy of "white culture" (as opposed to the white race itself).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Good, hopefully the Irish government follow suit, as well as the rest of the EU.

Far right white supremacists groups, have been allowed to operated with impunity for far to long. About time to see some action.

Also, people who compare anti-fascists, as being equivalent to white supremacists, tell you everything about their sympathies....

Pretending that the Proud Boys are white supremacist isn't going to fly though, they aren't all white and their leader isn't white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Overheal wrote: »
    I don’t think artificial lighting is the problem lol, had artificial lighting for over a century. Did coal miners only use the best organic light?

Its the opportunity cost of sitting at a screen for long periods of time without getting enough natural light.

Miners did manual, useful work which was probably better for their health in the long run.

Also....bad jokes are sign of low T. Just sayin' ..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Granadino wrote: »
    I can't understand why anyone in Europe would give a toss about these "proud boys" anyhow. Nothing to do with us either way.

Let me guess. Some Irish **** will copy it.

Its more that some Irish **** are obssesed with America and its politics. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Its the opportunity cost of sitting at a screen for long periods of time without getting enough natural light.

Miners did manual, useful work which was probably better for their health in the long run.

Working in a mine is healthier then an office?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What???

Working in a mine is healthier then an office?
    Billy Mays wrote: »
    What???

Do I know one of you from somewhere?

Office-Space-Milton.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

We live in a world where we are told by the media that an irrelevant group like Proud Boys are terrorists, Washington DC was captured by an insurrectionist army, and Russians rigged the 2016 US presidential elections. And the people who believe this think its others who are being manipulated and radicalized by the media they consume.

What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

We live in a time of unprecedented access to information.

It’s a great time to be alive.

There’s plenty wrong with how some of this information is presented (no different from any other time in human history), but making the claim that everything presented by the so called liberal media is lies designed to push some subversive narrative is crackpot stuff. And there’s far too much of that crap about.

The amount of denial and downplaying by some would have you questioning their sanity, or at least their sincerity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭briany

Sand wrote: »
    We live in a world where we are told by the media that an irrelevant group like Proud Boys are terrorists, Washington DC was captured by an insurrectionist army, and Russians rigged the 2016 US presidential elections. And the people who believe this think its others who are being manipulated and radicalized by the media they consume.

What a time to be alive.

If you believe that 'the media' is claiming those things (as if they're one homogenous bloc), then you may be the one who has been radicalised.

If your concern is "masculinity in decline", that's one of the most hilariously silly concerns going... Adding vague claims doesn't legitimise it.

There are rare occasions when your posts are worth engaging with, but this isn't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,453 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Never heard of black lung?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Coal mines are mines but not all mines are coal mines.

As for the Proud Boys. Disband, rename, reorganize, recruit and resume.

The incidence and negative impact of black lung was relatively low.

Relative to the negative impact of a sedentary lifestyle - most of which comes from sitting in a cubicle.

Coal mines are mines but not all mines are coal mines.

As for the Proud Boys. Disband, rename, reorganize, recruit and resume.

Yea the yellowcake mines are much nicer.

Yea the yellowcake mines are much nicer

I dont think yellow cake uranium is mined by hand.

I dont think yellow cake uranium is mined by hand.

Do you think it’s a safer profession than white collar jobs?

Think Overheal and co are just allergic to rolling up their sleeves and being useful.

Do you think it’s a safer profession than white collar jobs?

Sitting in a digger or dump truck?

The posture and pay would be better on average I would say yes.
    Probably better for the mind too as miners/drivers would have to be more alert throughout the day as opposed to sitting in a chair staring at a screen. Carpal tunnel,
    syndrome, eye strain and back problems galore.

I don't see what this has to do with the Proud boys though

Don’t think you’ve seen the physical state of most heavy machinery operators. Nevermind that each machine requires overhead of more than a driver to operate and maintain and not every person working a mine is mechanized. Think we are back to square one on figuring out why this generation is not as misogynistic and burly as it’s forebears, as Biker has essentially complained.
    Think Overheal and co are just allergic to rolling up their sleeves and being useful.

Well I am an engineer, so yeah.

Whatever your problems with the decline of chauvinism it’s nothing to do with artificial lightbulbs or not working jobs with a high enough mortality rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Yesterday it was antifa, today it's rambling on about the value of various jobs. Anything to distract from what the thread is about.

Advertisement