Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting 2 extension hoses to pressure washer?

Options
  • 05-02-2021 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all,
    i want to be able to reach to front of house with pressure washer. have outside tap at back of house. but i would need about 150 feet of hose to reach from tap to front of house. is it possible to connect two big reels of hose together to do this? And would it affect the pressure on the washer? only want to power wash the drive and clean car.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

crxsi09 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    i want to be able to reach to front of house with pressure washer. have outside tap at back of house. but i would need about 150 feet of hose to reach from tap to front of house. is it possible to connect two big reels of hose together to do this? And would it affect the pressure on the washer? only want to power wash the drive and clean car.
    thanks

You can do it alright and it will affect the pressure but if you have good pressure at the tap you should be fine once your running the extra hose to the power washer as opposed to from the power washer.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

You can do it alright and it will affect the pressure but if you have good pressure at the tap you should be fine once your running the extra hose to the power washer as opposed to from the power washer.

yes i would be running the hose into the supply side of the washer

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

yes i would be running the hose into the supply side of the washer

i just stepped the distance one foot in front of the other and its 88 steps from tap to front of drive. would a single 50m hose reach then? and sure i would have the distance of the hose at the front of karcher too. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

If you're worried about starving the pump of water and damaging it you could get one of the large 200litre plastic barrels and (putting it near where you're working) fill it with water and then take the water from the barrell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Starving the pressure washer is a risk if the losses in the hose are such that the pump is drawing water faster than the hose can supply it. You could end up with negative pressure in the hose causing it to collapse in on iteself starving the pump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭blackbox

It should be fine unless you already have a problematic water supply.

Be sure to run the hose for a good while to allow bubbles out before switching on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

i just stepped the distance one foot in front of the other and its 88 steps from tap to front of drive. would a single 50m hose reach then? and sure i would have the distance of the hose at the front of karcher too. thanks

You need to measure what distance you call a step and multiply by 88

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

That's more than 50 ft, probably pretty close to 88, they weren't called feet for no reason:) . You probably will need two lengths of hose joined together with a "straight- through" joiner. Don't you have a measuring tape in the house? Even a dressmakers tape would help. You will definitely need a 50-foot reel and if you measure accurately you might be lucky enough to find that you only have to add a twenty-five foot coil of hose to make the distance.
    You will need to have the pump outside your front door, in case of leaks, and you will need to have the full length of the pressure hose available to you, to give you room to manoeuvre when using it.
    I use two reels of hose, adding up to about 75 feet , to get water to my polytunnel and the pressure at the end is good enough, but we do have very good mains pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

That's more than 50 ft, probably pretty close to 88, they weren't called feet for no reason:) . You probably will need two lengths of hose joined together with a "straight- through" joiner. Don't you have a measuring tape in the house? Even a dressmakers tape would help. You will definitely need a 50-foot reel and if you measure accurately you might be lucky enough to find that you only have to add a twenty-five foot coil of hose to make the distance.
    You will need to have the pump outside your front door, in case of leaks, and you will need to have the full length of the pressure hose available to you, to give you room to manoeuvre when using it.
    I use two reels of hose, adding up to about 75 feet , to get water to my polytunnel and the pressure at the end is good enough, but we do have very good mains pressure.

He said a 50M hose in the OP I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Car99 wrote: »
    He said a 50M hose in the OP I believe.
    Big house!

• Advertisement
Advertisement