Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen providers

Options
  • 05-02-2021 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Currently looking to change the kitchen and would welcome recommendations from people around the dublin/meath/kildare area. (or anywhere east of the country I guess). Good quality but not hugely high end to the tune of tens of thousands.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

You've probably considered them already but [snip] are great when properly planned and fitted. The units are taller and deeper than many other kitchens so you get more storage without actually taking up any more floor space. They have lots of good internal organizing accessories as well. They use many of the same components as more expensive companies (their hinges/ drawer runners are all Blum, I think). And it doesn't have to scream IKEA in looks. You can get your appliances elsewhere and use the savings on units to buy nicer worktops. You're not restricted to the doors available at IKEA either. There are a lot of companies now that will make custom doors for IKEA units, though this is a more expensive option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

You've probably considered them already but [snip] are great when properly planned and fitted. The units are taller and deeper than many other kitchens so you get more storage without actually taking up any more floor space. They have lots of good internal organizing accessories as well. They use many of the same components as more expensive companies (their hinges/ drawer runners are all Blum, I think). And it doesn't have to scream IKEA in looks. You can get your appliances elsewhere and use the savings on units to buy nicer worktops. You're not restricted to the doors available at IKEA either. There are a lot of companies now that will make custom doors for IKEA units, though this is a more expensive option.

We did consider them thanks. While they have merit, we've decided against them. We will however avail of some of their storage ideas and products.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

[snip] gave me a good price, also search donedeal, you find a few smaller companies there. Kitchens are fairly mad money. You can save a good bit, if you rip out your existing kitchen yourself. Would you consider getting the current kitchen a makeover? sprayed with new countertops, or is it beyond that?

is it a straight line kitchen or L shaped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Got a new kitchen from [snip] last year. While not cheap (although a certain amount of that is choices we made like a fancy worktop etc) the quality is outstanding. It was made to measure so a few places with awkward measurements were dealt with perfectly. They were great to deal with too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Recommendations by PM. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Mod Note: Recommendations by PM. Thanks.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise recommendations were not allowed. My mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Calvin001

Can you send me Kitchen providers names please (by PM only), thinking of replacing mine in next few weeks/months

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭froggy1985

I would also appreciate any recommendations by PM. I am starting a new build this year and it is difficult to get a good idea of kitchen quality from online brochures / websites - and I don't know anyone who can give me a personal recommendation. I'm a bit skeptical of some online reviews.

We have had two very high level 'estimates' from companies who look quite similar online, with almost €15k difference between their base quotes :confused:

East of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Could somebody also PM me with recommendations please? Looking to put in complete new kitchen. Thanks

Advertisement