Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer and sole trader

Options
  • 05-02-2021 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Myself and my husband are first time buyers. I'm in permanent, stable employment, but my husband is a sole trader.

Does anyone have any advise on getting a mortgage with a sole trader? We've tried reading up online, but are only getting more confused.

Would anyone have a recommendation for a broker, or a bank, that are open to sole traders? Ideally ones with patience for two mortgage newbies who are finding the process very overwhelming.

Comments

I'm a sole trader. They'll just ask for his wage for the past 3 or so years. He'll need to get it from Revenue, or an accountant can do it for you if you have one.

Then they average it, and that's considered his annual income.

Advertisement