Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtightness material Brands

Options
  • 05-02-2021 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering which brands of airtightness products people used?

Have been looking at siga products but they seem quite expensive

Eg €350 for a roll of roof vapor barrier (marjex) which contains 75m2

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Intello plus & contega tape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

I've used both Siga and Prodomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I've used Intello, Siga and Prodomo. The Prodomo from the guy in Tralee that delivers is cheapest and fast to receive but not as good as the German stuff. Better warranty and doesn't tear as easily I found when comparing them. Grand for domestic but I'd insist on Intello or Siga on the larger projects I'm involved in. Don't mind which the contractor uses but I'd usually specify Intello as I'm more familiar with it but the guy beside me at work always specifies Siga as that's what he used in his house. Otherway is to order the stuff from Germany which I've done a few times. Big savings. A thread exists someplace on boards from 2-4 years ago on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Wartburg

Dudda wrote: »
    I've used Intello, Siga and Prodomo. The Prodomo from the guy in Tralee that delivers is cheapest and fast to receive but not as good as the German stuff. Better warranty and doesn't tear as easily I found when comparing them. Grand for domestic but I'd insist on Intello or Siga on the larger projects I'm involved in. Don't mind which the contractor uses but I'd usually specify Intello as I'm more familiar with it but the guy beside me at work always specifies Siga as that's what he used in his house. Otherway is to order the stuff from Germany which I've done a few times. Big savings. A thread exists someplace on boards from 2-4 years ago on this.

Can I assume that you have the relevant knowledge and experience to carry out such an evaluation objectively? Interestingly, not even semi-governmental institutions such as the NSAI have such a necessary qualification here in Ireland, nor are there any independent institutes that could test materials for air tightness based on practice. I have no problem if you favoring certain manufacturers and giving supposed advice based on your wealth of knowledge on this.
    However, I do have a big problem with you misrepresenting things or unfairly discrediting suppliers. You are welcome to try this with your favorite brands from Germany and Switzerland and I assure you that you will very quickly receive correspondence from their legal departments.
    A good air tightness performance in general is neither dependend to price/ brand nor the use for "domestic or larger projects".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Wartburg wrote: »
    Can I assume that you have the relevant knowledge and experience to carry out such an evaluation objectively? Interestingly, not even semi-governmental institutions such as the NSAI have such a necessary qualification here in Ireland, nor are there any independent institutes that could test materials for air tightness based on practice. I have no problem if you favoring certain manufacturers and giving supposed advice based on your wealth of knowledge on this.
    However, I do have a big problem with you misrepresenting things or unfairly discrediting suppliers. You are welcome to try this with your favorite brands from Germany and Switzerland and I assure you that you will very quickly receive correspondence from their legal departments.
    A good air tightness performance in general is neither dependend to price/ brand nor the use for "domestic or larger projects".

From the data sheets Intello Plus has Tensile Strength MD 340 N/50mm while prodomo (f)air tightness membrane EXTRA has 300 N/50mm

On larger projects I'm involved in you need something more robust due to the traffic, duration on site, exposure, etc than a smaller domestic project with a shorter programme and less traffic and trades. So yes a difference exists between larger and domestic projects.

As I said in my first post I've tried them all and from experience it just doesn't have the same quality. This is the internet and if you don't like an honest fair review of your products that's fine but I'm not going to waste my time further arguing with you.

547873.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Wartburg

Dudda wrote: »
    From the data sheets Intello Plus has Tensile Strength MD 340 N/50mm while prodomo (f)air tightness membrane EXTRA has 300 N/50mm

On larger projects I'm involved in you need something more robust due to the traffic, duration on site, exposure, etc than a smaller domestic project with a shorter programme and less traffic and trades. So yes a difference exists between larger and domestic projects.

As I said in my first post I've tried them all and from experience it just doesn't have the same quality. This is the internet and if you don't like an honest fair review of your products that's fine but I'm not going to waste my time further arguing with you.

547873.jpg

Come on, buddy - I didn´t start to argue at all. As you said - this is the internet and everything is traceable for a very long time.
    I´m definitely a big fan of honest and fair reviews but do have always problems if someone compares apples with oranges.
    All the best for the future.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Wartburg wrote: »
    Come on, buddy - I didn´t start to argue at all..

If you feel your business or product range has been in someway slandered, please report the post using the report function. Please attack the post not the poster. If you have any issue with this, feel free to PM any of the mods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement