Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats a ps4 worth nowadays?

• 06-02-2021 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭

Have a 4 sitting in a box since I got the 5. 1tb memory, 2 controllers, 9 or 10 games, approx 5 years old but in perfect working order never jailbroken/hacked etc and rarely used online so no issues with being banned from the network, pricing on adverts is all over the place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭piplip87

Would you consider getting in touch with your local hospital ? I know a few people who have gave their Xbox 1 and a few games to the children's ward ?

I will be doing that once I get the series X

Saying thay if you you organised am online sale through CEX for all you would be looking at maybe 300 quid store credit which could be good for the 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Interesting idea but I have tried to give electrical devices to charity before and none would accept them, obviously there is a potential liability issue depending on wear and tear, condition etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

Have a 4 sitting in a box since I got the 5. 1tb memory, 2 controllers, 9 or 10 games, approx 5 years old but in perfect working order never jailbroken/hacked etc and rarely used online so no issues with being banned from the network, pricing on adverts is all over the place.

What games?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got the 5 in December and sold my 4 on adverts.
    It was the slim 500gb version with one controller and no games. I got €210 and had a few bidding on it.

It was immaculate and I had kept all the box and paperwork from
    It if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

I was offered 300 for my pro, 2 controllers and a charging dock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I just priced it up on cex, €307 cash or €413 in vouchers. Will probably sell to them rather than have to deal with people trying to trade me a packet of monster munch and a half eaten Toblerone for it on adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Get your CEX price and stick 10% on it and you should get a quick sale.

I've been watching CEX prices since launch day (when I thought I'd get my ps5) until 2 weeks ago (when I actually got my ps5) and the Base 500gb PS4 actually went up from €130 to €150 in that time frame!

I'd a few games (worth €10 or less) and a controller and sold the lot for €130 to a guy I knew. Could've got €180-200 in FB Marketplace though but the hassle of dealing with people in a pandemic just wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What I usually do is check what CeX are selling for and try to sell it for 75% of that. A friend bought mine so I gave it to him for less with 2 controllers and a good few games for €250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I gave mine to a family in need at christmas, didnt realise they were making decent money. Glad i did anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I sold mine (PS4 pro) to my sister for €160. Could’ve got more but she was desperately looking for a PS4 for her daughter. Got my PS5 2nd of February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I sold mine (PS4 pro) to my sister for €160. Could’ve got more but she was desperately looking for a PS4 for her daughter. Got my PS5 2nd of February.

Username checks out.

Advertisement