Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yessss Dom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Need ride of strong squad asap....Bamford 2 wkd ago, Justin last week and DCL this week all benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Great point from Everton in fairness.

Both teams didn’t deserve to win/loose.

I say that as a maguire owner ...DCL will be on the watchlist...given Wilson’s injury

• Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That’ll be 36 points worth of striker points I’ve benched in the last 3 weeks. Yikes.

Captaining Anto over Bruno only cost 5 points in the end...could have been way worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

First GW since GW6 not making a transfer. Feels weird.

Martinez

Stones, Cancelo, Coufal, Chilwell (still getting rid next week but hoping for agoodbye present)

Grealish, Salah, Sterling, Fernandes (C), Soucek

Bamford

Subs: DCL, Holding, Brewster

GL all.

EDIT: Swapped Chilwell in for DCL on the off chance he plays. Hope I don't regret it.

I'm regretting it at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Benimar

Captaining Anto over Bruno only cost 5 points in the end...could have been way worse.

Agreed. Feels like a bullet dodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

27 from 3 including captain meh

That goal was worth 7 points and eases the pain of the 7 point Pope/Martinez difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    27 from 3 including captain meh

How is that meh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Great point from Everton in fairness.

Both teams didn’t deserve to win/loose.

I say that as a maguire owner ...DCL will be on the watchlist...given Wilson’s injury

Jeez, I don’t know. United were awful in defence and rashford was awful at finishing but Everton were outclassed, scoring 3 goals was a miracle.

I say that as a delighted DCL owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Dommo 1st sub if any of my boys are rested
    Them points are staying on my bench. Standard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

AdpRo wrote: »
    Need ride of strong squad asap....Bamford 2 wkd ago, Justin last week and DCL this week all benched.

You’d prefer to have loads of money to look at in your bank if a player doesn’t start as opposed to one of these come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

27 from 6 players including my captain.

Once today's bonus points are added I'll have left 21 from 2 on the bench...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    How is that meh?

Well it's below 10k average and actually below every average bar 3m-6m club, and I got red arrows - so it's meh

My bench this week is Digne, Mitchell and Brewster. Love it...zero chance of disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

31 from 5.

DCL first sub with his 12 pointer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

37 from 5 including captain Bruno. Salah a big differntial tomorrow it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sickened there was so much action and not a sniff from Digne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Well it's below 10k average, and I got red arrows - so it's meh

Because they have more players playing. It’s not meh at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

My bench this week is Digne, Mitchell and Brewster. Love it...zero chance of disappointment!

with a bench like that your team must be gold !

my bench this week is sterling, chilwell, zouma and ederson.
    (the rest of my team is average) ... think I'm on 41 points with Justin, Maddison and Bamford left to play .. I captained Grealish (that didn't result in much of a return)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

42 from 6

Bruno (c), DCL & Shaw all providing returns for me in that last game but I'm too appalled as a United fan to be happy about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Well it's below 10k average and actually below every average bar 3m-6m club, and I got red arrows - so it's meh

Top 10k average is 28 and have an average of 6 played though so you're probably further ahead of the curve than you think with only 3 played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

43 from 5 including captain Bruno....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭Cartman78

30(-4) from 6 incl.another captain fail.

Brought in Bamford for a late hit...and benched DCL obvs. That little move is costing me 16 points right now :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    43 from 5 including captain Bruno....

Snap

Will that be par?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Happy4all wrote: »
    Snap

Will that be par?

Wouldn't get ahead of myself to be honest. Just happy to have points on the board and bringing Martinez in has improved my weekends immensely already.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

A very up and down day. Martinez with a great start but I dropped Targett at the last minute for Mee so that was a regret. Soucek disappointing once again when I start him (every single time) but DCL ensuring a lovely end to the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have to hope Gundogan, Son or Salah don't play to get DCL off the bench. Missed out on Soucek points last week and Bamford the week before by benching the wrong players so seem to be making a habit of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I turned the game off with Cavani on the ground having been fouled and seconds left on the clock thinking that was that. Just checked the score now and it ended up 3-3 (sigh). At least DCL got it.

60 pts so far with Bamford, Dallas and Salah to come. Have to be happy with that considering I also have Soucek.

Advertisement