Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Soucek transferred in today.. ****in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭munster87

callaway92 wrote: »
    Correct decision imo. Don’t have Soucek in normal Fantasy but have him in the Draft

Don’t have him either. Not a red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Picked Soucek instead of Gundogan to keep in my team this what happens....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Someone captained him in my money league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,221 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

munster87 wrote: »
    Terrible decision. Why not look at these things in real speed. Slow motion makes that look worse

Because EPL officiating is utterly horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Lol at that red. Main rival has Souie so this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

CSF wrote: »
    I reckon it was intentional, but proving it is a whole different job so I'm surprised it was given.

It wasn’t, he was trying to move away and lift his arm above Mitro’s head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Lundstram wrote: »
    Red for Soucek. The one time I start him.. :rolleyes:

Totally accidental, Mitro should be booked for a bad dive.

Whether it was a red or not is a tough call, saying that Mitrovic dived or deserved a yellow is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That's an embarrassing decision

The bad will be overturned, can we get our points back?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't think Soucek is that type of player. It strikes me as clumsy rather than malicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It wasn’t, he was trying to move away and lift his arm above Mitro’s head.
    Don't agree. It looked like a sly one while trying to make it look unintentional to me. Not that easy to accidentally elbow someone in the face IMO when you're not even jumping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Whether it was a red or not is a tough call, saying that Mitrovic dived or deserved a yellow is silly.
    He threw himself to the ground as if he'd been shot. No doubt that helped make up Dean's mind.

Big lump of a grown man acting like that is an embarrassment to the sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

That's disgraceful from Lee Mason and Mike Dean, shameful decision. The game is ****ed. You'd feel like giving up that's a ridiculous red for Soucek in 95th min and yellow in in 95th for Grealish today alone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Owning Soucek is like riding a rollercoaster each and every gameweek!

Today I fell out on the final bend...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭munster87

Zamora sums it up ‘the mike dean show once again’

• Registered Users Posts: 8,604 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

A tasty 9 from Cresswell. 18 from 2 at the back so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CSF wrote: »
    Don't agree. It looked like a sly one while trying to make it look unintentional to me. Not that easy to accidentally elbow someone in the face IMO when you're not even jumping.

Oh trust me it is.... as an extremely lanky 11 year old I completely knocked out another kid while playing a game where you held a gigantic tent/parachute thing raising my elbow and moving slightly in direction!

Absolutely mortified poor little Master P!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

FourFourFM wrote: »
    A tasty 9 from Cresswell. 18 from 2 at the back so far.

Them points aren't set in stone just yet!!
    I have him too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,561 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Red for Soucek. The one time I start him.. :rolleyes:

Totally accidental, Mitro should be booked for a bad dive.

Everything I touch is the opposite of gold got in Lacazette in for Cavani - started Lacazette (plays 59) meant I benched watkins.

Plus I captained Soucek looked lovely v Fulham I thought - physical play he could destroy them.

I also benched Soucek for his 17 points a few gameweeks ago and Wilson for his 13 points.

I am not very good at this fpl craic.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Today has not gone well.

I brought in Pope and Tarkowski and played Pope over Martinez and started Tarks as well.

Antonio captain fail and Grealish blank.

The only good thing that happened was Coufal’s clean sheet and Soucek’s red even though Mike Dean had a shocker.

Time to switch off from FPL until tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m the only one in the top 5 of my ML without Soucek, but that red card decision is complete BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

29 from 4 if bonus stays as it is. Jesus whatever about the call being right it's nice not to be seeing soucek racking up 10/11 points again!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Oh trust me it is.... as an extremely lanky 11 year old I completely knocked out another kid while playing a game where you held a gigantic tent/parachute thing raising my elbow and moving slightly in direction!

Absolutely mortified poor little Master P!

I would love a video of this :) I had no such lanky worries as a child so I probably would have been the one taking the elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,616 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Will soucek miss the next league game or is the ban gonna be for the cup game v united?

He threw himself to the ground as if he'd been shot. No doubt that helped make up Dean's mind.

Big lump of a grown man acting like that is an embarrassment to the sport.

:D:D something is embarrassing alright

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Will soucek miss the next league game or is the ban gonna be for the cup game v united?

Will get three games no? Straight red for violent conduct, rules dont dustinguish between harsh and not.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As a Cresswell and Soucek owner I was pleased when I heard the result...then I heard about the red card.

HauntingGloomyGuineapig-max-14mb.gif

Martinez and Watkins did well for me earlier at least. Rashford and captain Bruno up in the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dr. Bre wrote: »

It’s violent conduct (ha!) so is 3 games (cup and 2 league games), but will surely be overturned on appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Everything I touch is the opposite of gold got in Lacazette in for Cavani - started Lacazette (plays 59) meant I benched watkins.

Plus I captained Soucek looked lovely v Fulham I thought - physical play he could destroy them.

I also benched Soucek for his 17 points a few gameweeks ago and Wilson for his 13 points.

I am not very good at this fpl craic.

You're literally describing my season. Got in Laca for DCL two GWs ago, DCL scores of course, Laca didnt. Benched Soucek last two games. Not today. Wilson also benched for his 13 pointer. Vice captained him today.

Wilson and Laca - two one pointers today. Soucek red. Martinez and Coufal gives me 18 points intotal. Bruno (c) up next. Expect nothing.

204 points benched so far this season. Mental.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    It’s violent conduct (ha!) so is 3 games (cup and 2 league games), but will surely be overturned on appeal.

On what grounds? There was contact, it was Soucek...I dont think there is any other criteria they will look at.

Advertisement