Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

lesson here lads, before you pick your captain, check if Mike Dean is reffing.

disgusting excuse for a man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Pogue eile wrote: »
    :D:D something is embarrassing alright

It's the normalising of players behaviour like Mitro that has the sport the way it is. Horrible gamesmanship. Deliberately trying to get players red cards.

If it weren't for FPL, you couldn't pay me to watch 90% of the crap the EPL has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

mailburner wrote: »
    soucek red ridiculous decision

Soucek sending off is about 70 percent of what is wrong with football in a single decision.

It will be overturned tomorrow but I won't get my points back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Happy4all wrote: »
    disgusting excuse for a man

Remember friends, it's only soccer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭eggy81

Benched Martinez for de gea and coufal for Reece James. Had Watkins and grealish. Though long and hard about bench boost and decided against it. Not looking too clever already. Need degea cleanie and a Bruno haul to make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

:D:D something is embarrassing alright

You don't think a grown man throwing himself to the ground after a tap to the face is embarrassing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Very poor call alright, you can see soucek immediately pulls his arm back when it hits mitrovic, he didn't mean it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Lundstram wrote: »
    It's the normalising of players behaviour like Mitro that has the sport the way it is. Horrible gamesmanship. Deliberately trying to get players red cards.

If it weren't for FPL, you couldn't pay me to watch 90% of the crap the EPL has to offer.

He got an elbow to the head, now you can argue all night and validly about the intent of it but the fact is he was striuck by an elbow in the head, take off the FPL glasses for a second, Mitrovic did absoilutely nothing wrong. In fact if you watched the replay he was remonstating with the ref saying it wasnt a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭shmeee

Fab got a yellow, must have missed that? Time wasting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sorry lads, I finally signed Soucek this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

shmeee wrote: »

Yes that's right, it was before the red card weirdly

You don't think a grown man throwing himself to the ground after a tap to the face is embarrassing?

You think it was a tap? There are 100 examples of diving every week, this was not one.

Id imagine if it was Mitrovic who caught the highly owned Soucek with an elbow there would be a very different view here.

Nothing worse than the phrase he’s given him the right to go down. Some of the fouls given these days are comical looking. It’s got worse since var came in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

eggy81 wrote: »
    Nothing worse than the phrase he’s given him the right to go down. Some of the foils given these days are comical looking. It’s got worse since var came in too.

And we have have people defending the likes of Mitrovic. That's a bloody nose at worst but he's gone down there like he took a shotgun cartridge at point blank range complete with screams and rolling around.

Embarrassing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

On what grounds? There was contact, it was Soucek...I dont think there is any other criteria they will look at.

On the grounds that it isn’t a red card offence pure and simple. Contact does not automatically equate to a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benimar wrote: »
    It’s violent conduct (ha!) so is 3 games (cup and 2 league games), but will surely be overturned on appeal.

Hard to see this one being overturned IMO.

Would be pretty grim for Mike Dean to have this one overturned a few days after he had another that he reviewed on a tv screen overturned.

You think it was a tap? There are 100 examples of diving every week, this was not one.

You really think that was a powerful enough elbow to make a guy the size of Mitrovic fall over? We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Id imagine if it was Mitrovic who caught the highly owned Soucek with an elbow there would be a very different view here.

I was actually wondering the same for if it was someone like him, Ramos or Costa

And we have have people defending the likes of Mitrovic. That's a bloody nose at worst but he's gone down there like he took a shotgun cartridge at point blank range complete with screams and rolling around.

Embarrassing to watch.

It’s not the players faults though IMO. The rules have created what football is now.

CSF wrote: »
    Hard to see this one being overturned IMO.

Would be pretty grim for Mike Dean to have this one overturned a few days after he had another that he reviewed on a tv screen overturned.

I’ll be stunned if it’s not overturned, it’s such a clearly incorrect decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

shmeee wrote: »

Yes

I think the fact that former professional footballers both on tv and Twitter are calling it a farcical decision says it all.

I’ll be stunned if it’s not overturned, it’s such a clearly incorrect decision.

Don’t forget, it’s 2 refs who have recommended this as a red. Not just Mike Dean. Mike Dean is only asked to go over if the VAR ref recommends it as a red.

On the grounds that it isn’t a red card offence pure and simple. Contact does not automatically equate to a foul.

I dont think that is enough to turn it over, I would be amazed if it gets overturned. Then again after this weeks events who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Soucek should sue the VAR check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Le sigh... 9 points from 4 right now and that includes a 6 point clean sheet defender.

Martinez benched on a 7... six of the last seven weeks my benched keeper has scored higher than the one I've played, I fully expect that to be seven out of eight by the end of this gameweek.

CSF wrote: »
    Don’t forget, it’s 2 refs who have recommended this as a red. Not just Mike Dean. Mike Dean is only asked to go over if the VAR ref recommends it as a red.

The second one is Lee Mason though :pac:

Two peas from the same pod there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Gamesmanship went out the window a long time ago - this is big business now. Guys making professional fouls and taking a yellow for the team - a perfect example of something seen an normal nowadays.

There are countless examples in matches every weekend which aren't gamesmanship like - but rarely get called out on - due to how much is at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Me arse

Nah man - It’s so easy to disguise as an accident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Opted for soucek instead of DCL this week. We all know how this ends....

Advertisement