Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

broken Screen

• 06-02-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a broken screen on a HP notebook 840 14 inch. is there anywhere I might get it repaired today. I know its asking a lot being Saturday and with covid lockdown. I can use an external monitor for now but would like to get it repaired today if possible.

Comments

not very likely that repair places would have an exact replacement screen in stock - you'd want to be very lucky

google repair shops in your area and get the phone out and ring them to see if 1. they are open 2. they might have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭cichlid child

Think your right I have rang 3 maybe 4 and either they are not open or they wont know until Monday if they have one. Was hoping someone would know a shop

Think your right I have rang 3 maybe 4 and either they are not open or they wont know until Monday if they have one. Was hoping someone would know a shop

as said places would not typically have stock of screens for any 1 of the thousands of different laptops out there

besides you never even said what area :D

we're not psychics.

glasso wrote: »
    as said places would not typically have stock of screens for any 1 of the thousands of different laptops out there

besides you never even said what area :D

we're not psychics.
    I heard yous were good but I suppose thinking yous might be psychics was asking too much:D. Anywhere in Dublin if anyone knows somewhere. Thanks for the replies .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Your best option is to order a replacement screen from Amazon or eBay and replace yourself. There very easy to do.

I'm the meantime you can use the laptop by plugging it into a tv. If you give it to a repair shop, you may be without it for a week or more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I used to order screens from these. Found them reliable

https://www.accupart.co.uk/

Cheers mate appreciate that.

Advertisement