Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 24 - Transfer Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

CSF wrote: »
    You are destined to be p*ssed off that one of your bench players did well, but that is the nature of having 15 decent players.

Yeah bound to happen but trying to keep options open for 29 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pope
    Cancelo Dias Digne Coufal
    Salah Gundo Son Grealish Bruno
    Antonio

Martinez DCL Brewster Mitchell

1 ft and 1.3 itb. Any suggestions on what to do with this lot? Bench is pretty light if anyone misses out. Not sure if I'll wildcard next week or not but will want 3 Leeds. Fancy keeping DCL for his possible double.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Haven't spent any real time this week, only skimming through news, Johnstone out for Areola in has been done, might look around to see what else needs to be done. The transfer gives me 5 DGW players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pope
    Cancelo Dias Digne Coufal
    Salah Gundo Son Grealish Bruno
    Antonio

Martinez DCL Brewster Mitchell

1 ft and 1.3 itb. Any suggestions on what to do with this lot? Bench is pretty light if anyone misses out. Not sure if I'll wildcard next week or not but will want 3 Leeds. Fancy keeping DCL for his possible double.

You could use the money in the bank to upgrade Brewster to Decordova-Reid for his double game week. Mitchell upgrade to a more nailed on defender might also make sense but I'm thinking of playing him in case he is selected and Crystal Palace keep a clean sheet against Burnley this week.

macraignil wrote: »
    You could use the money in the bank to upgrade Brewster to Decordova-Reid for his double game week. Mitchell upgrade to a more nailed on defender might also make sense but I'm thinking of playing him in case he is selected and Crystal Palace keep a clean sheet against Burnley this week.

Cheers. Yeah I couldn't see myself benching anyone else in the 11 for Reid, he just doesn't interest me. Cue a double digit haul now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Any thoughts on either Salah out for Sterling or Son out for Gundogan?

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Any thoughts on either Salah out for Sterling or Son out for Gundogan?

I like spurs and pool fixtures after this gw. But if I had Sterling I’d be captaining him this gw. I have the other 3! I’d go Salah to Sterling out of the 2 you mentioned but I’d say I’d be looking to get him back fairly soon. With Rodri out I’ve a fear that Gundogan might be playing a bit deeper

munster87 wrote: »
    With Rodri out I’ve a fear that Gundogan might be playing a bit deeper

Rodri trained today, should start.

Rodri trained today, should start.

Nice! Had not seen that, was too focused on Dias news I guess!

Nice! Had not seen that, was too focused on Dias news I guess!

Granted I would still prefer Sterling if money was no object! But can’t fault Gundogan value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

Have all my chips, 5 dgw players, worth using free hit and loading up on dgw players?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Zaha to Gundogan. Captain on the Gundog

bigmac3 wrote: »
    Have all my chips, 5 dgw players, worth using free hit and loading up on dgw players?

Five dgwk players is fine this week. There'll be better weeks to use your FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya I toyed with Sterling for Salah but I think I am gonna go Gundogan for Soucek because even when Salah isn't on form there's still a chance he could come up with a goal or two. I shouldn't of sold Gundogan last week!

You have 3 city yeah? Burnley keeper/defender and maybe Everton mid/attacker? Wouldn’t be too bothered with many more. Maybe Lookman

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

You have 3 city yeah? Burnley keeper/defender and maybe Everton mid/attacker? Wouldn’t be too bothered with many more. Maybe Lookman

Yes 3 city. One Everton and one Burnley. Think I’ll leave it, bank transfer and two Leeds next week. Cheers

Yes 3 city. One Everton and one Burnley. Think I’ll leave it, bank transfer and two Leeds next week. Cheers

Sounds like the best option.
    I have 3 Leeds, Meslier, Raphinha and Bamford, have had all 3 for awhile. Would prefer Dallas over Meslier but that’s not an option at this point. Harrison looks a decent option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Taa to tarkowski and banked the other free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any suggestions on a midfielder for a one week punt? I have Bruno, Gundo, Sterling and Grealish.

Need one other to start (can't be City though)

Might go with JRod or Rashford

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

siblers wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a midfielder for a one week punt? I have Bruno, Gundo, Sterling and Grealish.

Dwight McNeill? :)

If I had an extra midfield slot, and transfer, and was feeling like rolling the dice he'd be my punt!

• Advertisement

I'd be going Hamez I think. Mount possibly if one week punt either

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Foden?

He didn't start the cup game and Gundogan did.

Thanks lads.

Might go with Jamez or Mount. I can't pick Foden as I have triple City.

I can't bring myself to pick a Burnley attacker. Just not enough goals in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FWIW, I had a dream last night that I transferred in Wood for the double and Barnes scored twice in one of the games. Not sure if that is a sign or not

Fitz* wrote: »
    FWIW, I had a dream last night that I transferred in Wood for the double and Barnes scored twice in one of the games. Not sure if that is a sign or not

He is yellow flagged. Not sure if Dyche gave him the all clear or not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ended up carrying it after about thinking of about 15 million permutations.

Unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ended up doing two sideways moves

Stones to Dias
    Alioski to Dallas (benched)

Dias should be more nailed on than Stones over the next few weeks and Dallas has a lot more attack potential than Alioski. Not the most exciting moves for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Johnstone -> Areola
    Justin -> Strujik
    Soucek -> Gundogan (I hate myself for this)

3 players I've owned since the start of the season out. Only Alex Mccarthy remains from GW1 now

Toyed with Salah to Sterling, or an elaborate Son to Sterling, but too many transfers for players I'll want back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Fitz* wrote: »
    Charlie Taylor is "touch & go" to return this game week, so he could play either of the double games at LB, reducing Pieters time.

Lowton was rested in the cup game so should be sound to play both games in the double.

Just popping back to say thanks again for that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement