Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning concrete tile roof

• 06-02-2021 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Alot of moss building up on brown concrete flat tiled roof, 4 bed detached, hipped all around. Almost a pyramid. Just wondering about best route to go. I have heard arguments for and against power washing. Chemical spray another option. I have a power washer and could borrow a mobile scaffold unit but just wondering is this the way to go. Fascias and soffits need doing too but want to get roof sorted first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ElderWanderer

Power washing is a bad idea, as it can damage the roof inside & out.

The best choice is to brush the major crap off the roof, followed by a biocide to kill the moss that's left. Leave it for a week, then take off the dead moss by brushing again. Seal the tiles so that that moss can't get a grip on them, so it doesn't come back any time soon. You have to do it all in dry weather, if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

I've used a product called Mosgo before on my roof and found it great. Just dilute and apply with a knapsap sprayer and leave it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I would just use 10% diluted Chlorus, c 22 euro for 25 litres, so 250 litres mixed, from your local agri supplier and spray and leave, you don't want to brushing tiles on the roof
    dangerous activity and also asking for cracked slates,
    you could also experiment with the power sprayer in wash mode only and let it mix the chlorus.
    power washing at full pressure is not recommended

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement