Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban

Options
  • 06-02-2021 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been banned from a thread and given a yellow card which I think is unwarranted. I’ve spoken with the mod by PM and he advised to come here to dispute it.

It’s the Garda Dance thread in AH. I’m of the opinion that the Gardai should not be gathering in groups doing stupid stuff like this at the same time as fining people for doing similar.

Others disagree with me. There has been back and forth between myself and others on the thread. Nothing abusive, all on the topic of the police dance. I’ve no idea how talking about the subject matter is “derailing the thread”. It seems that the Mod is of the opinion that the dance is a good thing, and any dissent from this viewpoint is a bannable offence.

There has been no abuse between myself and anyone else on the thread, the conversation has 100% been about the Garda dance. I have my view, other posters have their view and we’ve been arguing these points. The majority of my posts in the thread have been replies to other posters rather than soliloquies by myself which could be construed as spamming the thread etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi W
    I can look at this for you. Can you provide the pm exchange where you attempted to resolve this with the relevant mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi W
    I can look at this for you. Can you provide the pm exchange where you attempted to resolve this with the relevant mod?

Hi Pawwed Rig,

Below is the three messages we exchanged.

Thanks

John

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Necro

Moderator Note

That's enough nonsense out of you, second time you've derailed this thread with the same repeated nonsense. Don't post in this thread again

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HeidiHeidi View Post
    You were well able to boast about heading for sessions indoors with up to 20 "lads", skipping meals which were a requirement of being there in the first place, overstaying the time, heading back to houses after if you got kicked out.

All risky behaviour for spreading covid.

Yet you're still on here,complaining about people out in the fresh air, masked and distanced, doing a feelgood thing in their own time.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound?
    Lol, I’ll say it again slowly.

I’m. Not. A. Cop.

“Risky behaviour” was not illegal prior to Xmas. I broke 0 laws.

Cops breaking the laws they swear to uphold is hypocritical. Fining people while members are meeting in groups and doing silly dances is hypocritical. Meeting in groups outside of work, education or essential purposes is currently illegal and the absolute height of hypocrisy.

Re: You have received a warning
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by weldoninhio
    It’s trolling now to directly reply to another poster? Derailing a thread about Garda dancing by talking about Garda dancing? Have the AH rules been updated to state that everyone has to agree, all dissenting views will be stamped out?
    Your only intention in my view was to flame the thread - you were absolutely trolling. You were warned already to drop the nonsense about restrictions and take it to the Covid-19 forum and you came back with the same repetitive spiel, dragging people into arguments and derailing the thread.

So yes - your view in this case will be stamped out because you were trolling the thread in my own view.

You are free to use the Dispute Resolution Forum to have this reviewed if you wish.

Regards,

Necro

Re: You have received a warning
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by weldoninhio
    How do I use the dispute resolution forum?

Having a different opinion to people isn’t trolling. I’m 100% annoyed by the Gardai doing this stupid dance while people get fined for swimming or walking alone on a beach. Isn’t the entire premise of Boards that people with different opinions put forth their opinions. It would last about a month if everyone agreed about everything.
    Having a different opinion is one thing - derailing a thread with the exact same point over and over again is very different.

You can start a thread in this forum here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

And a Category Moderator will review the sanction for you independently.

Regards,

Necro

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Wedonihno

Apologies but I completely forgot about this thread so mea cupla :o

I have spoken to the mod and reviewed the thread in question.

There was a warning in the OP
    Mod: You can take all the discussion of the Gardai 'breaking restrictions' to the appropriate thread in the Covid-19 forum. It is derailing the thread with the whinging at this point.

and you were further warned in post 304. Therefore you had no excuse to keep posting on the matter. Upheld

If you would like an admin review please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi Wedonihno

Apologies but I completely forgot about this thread so mea cupla :o

I have spoken to the mod and reviewed the thread in question.

There was a warning in the OP
    Mod: You can take all the discussion of the Gardai 'breaking restrictions' to the appropriate thread in the Covid-19 forum. It is derailing the thread with the whinging at this point.

and you were further warned in post 304. Therefore you had no excuse to keep posting on the matter. Upheld

If you would like an admin review please let me know.

I would like an admin review. I don’t understand how a posting about Gardai breaking restrictions by doing a dance, is not relevant to a thread on Gardai doing a dance. It literally makes zero sense. The thread is about the Garda dancing, the Garda dancing is against current restrictions. What’s the issue talking about that? I understand the mod put a warning there, but in what way, shape or form is literally talking about the subject matter, off topic or “inappropriate” to the literal subject of the thread??

It’s absolutely baffling. Am I losing my mind or something? I’m thread banned and yellow carded for talking about the literal subject matter of a thread in the thread. And dispute resolution see no issue with that??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As the CMod has highlighted there was a mod warning. It was placed in the thread 4 days before the post you were carded for

It states
    "Mod: You can take all the discussion of the Gardai 'breaking restrictions' to the appropriate thread in the Covid-19 forum. It is derailing the thread with the whinging at this point."

You ignored that instruction

Yellow card upheld.

Your account is on probation and a 1 month site ban is also being applied

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement