Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krone discmower Amr vs ECR

• 06-02-2021 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

What's peoples thoughts on krone AMR disc mower vs ECR model. No conditioner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

adne wrote: »

Probably a good bit in the difference price wise but I'd get the centre pivot if you could afford it, think it's the ecr. Have done a lot of mowing with them and they are a very good mower. Safecut is a great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Bought a Krone 8ft (AMR 240) (side pull) last year. Cost was 8k. Very happy with it. The centre pivot (ECR 280) 9ft was around €2.5k more. That would have been my preference but just couldn't get the head around writing a cheq for over €10k for a mower, considering what we need it for.

Maybe in a few years we might trade up to the 9ft centre pivot.

Here's a good thread on disk mowers which may help.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058146232&page=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭adne

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Bought a Krone 8ft (AMR 240) (side pull) last year. Cost was 8k. Very happy with it. The centre pivot (ECR 280) 9ft was around €2.5k more. That would have been my preference but just couldn't get the head around writing a cheq for over €10k for a mower, considering what we need it for.

Maybe in a few years we might trade up to the 9ft centre pivot.

Here's a good thread on disk mowers which may help.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058146232&page=3

Thanks. Was the 8k vat inclusive?
    What's the main differ in the Amr to the ecr other than the centre pivot?

Yeah €8k inc VAT. Both mowers have the same beds / features, just the mower frame, pulling mechanism is different, I think.

HAve a look at these Youtube clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHE6EOwRCo AMR video from Krone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKymVOwzPs ECR video ffrom Krone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Yeah €8k inc VAT. Both mowers have the same beds / features, just the mower frame, pulling mechanism is different, I think.

Another Krone video with a different perspective on it...
    https://youtu.be/luDslJzHN-Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

Have the ecr 9 foot ... excellent mower... safe cut system!! Same bed .. gears etc as the butterfly's and big m mowers which are well proven and tested at this stage!! Cant say anything about the Am mower range!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Have the ECR . Stronger frame , centre pivot. Extra money for it is nothing over the years and tax write off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭adne

jntsnk wrote: »
    Have the ECR . Stronger frame , centre pivot. Extra money for it is nothing over the years and tax write off.

Is an mf 5445 strong enough for a 9ft ECR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

No bother, run one on a mf 4245 although the loader is on all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Another vote for the ecr, got a 10ft one 2nd hand 2yrs ago, it hasn't missed a beat since, and has taken a reasonable bit of abuse. How Lely have a better reputation I don't know, the krone has alot heavier and simpler bed design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

Timmaay wrote: »
    Another vote for the ecr, got a 10ft one 2nd hand 2yrs ago, it hasn't missed a beat since, and has taken a reasonable bit of abuse. How Lely have a better reputation I don't know, the krone has alot heavier and simpler bed design.

Lely mowers have a dreadful reputation around these parts. I don't think they're rated by many to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

@0:26 into the ECR video - is that the effect of dribble bar slurry on that ground?

How do they act on the tractor arms - the one with conditioner seems like it would want to twist the linkage - especially if driving with a bit of speed.
    It is the land of the trailed moco here for silage.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

It will run it in 540 eco ... very easy ran mower!!

@0:26 into the ECR video - is that the effect of dribble bar slurry on that ground?

How do they act on the tractor arms - the one with conditioner seems like it would want to twist the linkage - especially if driving with a bit of speed.
    It is the land of the trailed moco here for silage.

In transport mode the mower folds up to aprox 100 degrees and the weight is balanced between the two lift arms, so no issue with that at all while on the road.

Regarding the video, dunno really, maybe its a freshly reseeded meadow?

Most contractors gone away from trailed mowers around here. All the bale lads have rear mounted moco's, many have the front mower as well, and a few with butterfly mowers and a front mower. Then the lads on the precision chops and silage wagons have the Big M or equivalent.

Could anyone with a krone ECR280 say what is the minimum height of shed door required to get the mower through? Or total height of mower when raised just a couple of inches off the ground. Thanks for any replies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Would be interesting to see today’s price vs what jimmy G M paid for his a few years back. Would we be talking €15k for one now?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

@blue5000 €15k for a 10ft krone with the local Tim was a price I got a few weeks ago

A good bit more than what Jimmy paid. I'll update later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

3.4m high sitting on floor.

2015 year easy cut 280

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Gman1987

I rang a couple of agents in the midlands last week just to see where prices was. Quoted €14k to €14.2k for the 9ft ECR and €16.2k to €17k for the 10ft version, I didnt get into negotiations but they have gone up a sight in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

If memory serves me correctly paid 6,700 for a EasyCut 280 in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Dunedin

I bought a 9 foot krone ECR with centre pivot last September for €11,700 and €400 for topping skids.

hardest part was to actually get one. Very little of them around at rhe time and those that had them were a nightmare to deal with as wouldn’t answer the phone or call back.

but fierce happy with it. Traded in a fresh Malone 8 foot. No comparison in the Malone v Krone in the quality of the cut. Krone floats lovely behind the tractor- case 105u

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Gman1987

I think a 10ft last year was around €13k, they have gone up fierce since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

What’s the advantage of the centre pivot? Safer on the road?

How does the tractor handle it? Do you have any fields with a good slope?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭older by the day

Where would I get one of them. That's a great video. Reminds me of the days coming in at 4am from the nightclub and out again for milking. I would be weak for a week now if I did it. Great video

Advertisement