Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Sports Podcasts golf or otherwise

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 super saints

redzerdrog wrote: »
    No marked difference in quality of sound or content

I imagine it will take a little time to get it up to the standard that would be acceptable to those that subscribed, but would need to show significant
    improvements in the first month for those subscribers to come back to pay a second monthly subscription or do you have to pay for a quarterly or half year sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I imagine it will take a little time to get it up to the standard that would be acceptable to those that subscribed, but would need to show significant
    improvements in the first month for those subscribers to come back to pay a second monthly subscription or do you have to pay for a quarterly or half year sub?

Just month to month. Will give it till after April myself

They have a discord group for chat aswell which they actively engaging in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Paying someone to actively engage with you is a bit much

Leave the loons to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Well if that is the case they are taking the pi$$. Bad enough when it was free but to charge people and still have these issues is not on at all. I haven't subscribed nor will I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Any update would you recommend re the Golf weekly podcast?

• Advertisement

Luckycharm wrote: »

Additional pod this week an Interview with David Livingstone which was enjoyable.

Funny enough though it the first time I really noticed poor sound quality but not sure if it my phone.

Haven't listened to today's pod yet. Will listen tonight.

Am interested to see what they produce masters week but am happy enough so far. It's the only sub I pay out on patreon so nothing to compare too

No sound issues with sound on the latest pod so not sure if it was just the interview during the week that was difficult to do.

Really enjoyed this weeks pod. Just an interesting chat all round. I thought Joe in particular was very good this week

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Paying someone to actively engage with you is a bit much

Leave the loons to it

MOD SNIP

Pretty sure people are paying for the content like they do with many many many others.

That they are actively engaging with people about future guests ect I am not sure how that can be perceived as a negative. One person has suggested a pod with Mark Broadie for example and it is something now they are trying to set up.

Hardly loony stuff

MOD COMMENT: Ease of the personal remarks please

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

etxp wrote: »
    Listened to the Rick Shields podcast with James Robinson this week, very good. Really opens up your eyes to how expensive it is to play in all these tournaments if you aren't winning. A caddy can be around 1k per tournament, hefty lump if you aren't in the prize money.

There is a 2nd part on when he played the open too so hoping that will be good.

Just got around to listening to this, would agree it was very good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Non-golf Podcast (my favourite yet!)
    Wind of Change
    https://crooked.com/podcast-series/wind-of-change/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

My favourite non golf podcast is your moms house fwiw

Luckycharm wrote: »

I have the say the content over the past couple of weeks has been excellent and well worth the fiver.

Multiple interviews with Mcginley
    Masters pod with Conor Moore and Troy Merritt
    Other masters previews and reviews
    Today's pod has Scott Fawcett from DECADE

With majors on the for next 2/3 months I will definitely be sticking with it

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

I have the say the content over the past couple of weeks has been excellent and well worth the fiver.

Multiple interviews with Mcginley
    Masters pod with Conor Moore and Troy Merritt
    Other masters previews and reviews
    Today's pod has Scott Fawcett from DECADE

With majors on the for next 2/3 months I will definitely be sticking with it

how many patrons do they have out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I'm tempted to sign up to it, I find the NLU pod's too long, Irish Golf magazine is the only one I'm listening to at the moment and occasionally paddytalksgolf depending on what guest he has on.

I must give the Bogeymen pod a listen, they have Van Rooyen on this week i think.

unplayable wrote: »

Haven't a clue

etxp wrote: »
    I'm tempted to sign up to it, I find the NLU pod's too long, Irish Golf magazine is the only one I'm listening to at the moment and occasionally paddytalksgolf depending on what guest he has on.

I must give the Bogeymen pod a listen, they have Van Rooyen on this week i think.

I was sceptical as there is so much free content out there and iv never subscribed to any on patreon before.
    But I am happy that I have and will continue to subscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

gypsy79 wrote: »
    How many patreons did golf weekly get?

Interesting that this isn't available on Patreon like most others, must be waiting to hit a certain number first. Might sign up ahead of the rest of the majors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

unplayable wrote: »

No idea but the watch along on Sunday evening last, the link for which was only sent to patreon subscribers only, had 500+ viewers* about 20 mins into it.

* Subscribers were asked not to share the link and the timing didn't appear to suit everyone either based on discord chat that night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Anyone been listening to Golf Weekly since it went to the subscription model? Is it worth paying for?

I see their man Troy Merritt is leading on the PGA tour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Anyone been listening to Golf Weekly since it went to the subscription model? Is it worth paying for?

I see their man Troy Merritt is leading on the PGA tour

Hah, funny I was about to go looking for this thread...”our boy Troy”!

Haven’t listened since it went behind a paywall and not particularly missing it tbh, there’s enough good free content out there. Couldn’t imagine paying to hear Fionn Davenport ramble on week after week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Ya Fionn really puts me off it to be honest

I'm intrigued by the link up with Merritt though, would be interesting to hear his insight about life on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Changed my mind and subscribed to golf weekly. I don’t regret it I’ll keep it going for another while. They’ve toned down the bs banter and started legitimately bringing Peter into the analysis and not banter shouting over him which is helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,293 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No laying up still tops them all in my opinion

Have serious guest list even

I think it is excellent. Last weeks discussion on the impact on punditry/analysis and mental health of the athletes was interesting.

Guests been very good too, Padraig, Shane, mark Broadie, Jean ven der velde ect

Advertisement