Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a new number, what to do in advance

Options
  • 06-02-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Getting a new phone as my current one is on the way out. I have been plagued with spammy calls and texts from hoax numbers, tried everything but blocking numbers is a waste of time. I think I will get a new number reluctantly.

-so many of my accounts are backuped to my current number for say authorisation of passwor. eg facebook gmails bank etc
    -What steps can I do in advance of switching numbers or is it a case of treat each things as it comes with the new number. Maybe keep both handsets for a while? and just pay the bill on one number....that might sound stupid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Most phone shop have sim cards you can change and get a new number listing,as i was using still using my old number they changed the number on the sim to my old one.I am with Vodafone and nearest to me then was Carrickmines and job done in 10 mins.

Maybe make a note of contacts and messages that you want to save?
    Ahh the bank and others will need updating/editing with your current status.

You can only do this with a working phone so it would be after you get it up and running then editing / updating your accounts, as the same goes for emails.

Do you need to start with a new email address also?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Port your current number to a PAYG provider, that way for a few € top-up you can keep it alive for s long as you need while you make sure all your accounts and contacts are linked to your new number.

Advertisement