Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for recommending a film

Options
  • 07-02-2021 1:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭

To whom it may concern :)

I received a warning for recommending a film in the GPL thread.

While I understand this may be considered off topic, I believe a warning is too harsh a punishment.

Especially given in said post I discused the football game at large, before simply signing off with a movie recommendation for everyone & telling my fellow posters to have a good Saturday night.

I have implored with the mod in question to see reason but to no avail.

I'm at a loss with this one & would appreciate some assistance.

Thank you in advance.

DVDM93.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Looking at this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

awec wrote: »
    Looking at this.

Thank you.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted

Only the OP, CMod or Admin may post in a thread here, unless specifically invited by CMod or Admin

Hi DVDM93,

It seems you have not learnt your lesson given that it was less than 2 months ago you were here appealing an infraction and a ban for the exact same reason. In this case the baiting and trolling is blatant. You are always at this, you are lucky you don't have more cards for it.

You were warned last time to improve your posting style, and here you are now with an appeal that is to be honest an insult to intelligence.

Not only am I upholding this card, but I am increasing the ban to six months. When you come back to post next season, please ensure you stay off the mod radar because the next step after that is going to be permanent removal.

Thanks,
    awec

I wasn't in here two months ago for the exact same reason? (recommending a movie)

Can I ask where in the rules does it say that one can not recommend a movie?

You'll see by the reaction the post got that a lot of users appreciated & were thankful for the content.

So much so that poster 'Man V ManUre' even went as far as coming in here to ask me what movie I was recommending.

So much so that poster @jayo26 sent me a private message at 2am last night (screenshot attached) to recommend a movie of his own.

I don't understand why I'm being singled out here & this is seen as a negative thing when obviously it's had a positive effect on so many people.

Posters are OK to come in here asking me for movie recommendations, posters are OK to PM. me recommendations of their own, posters are OK to thank & applaud my efforts in the thread.

But I can't recommend a movie?.

I don't see what I'm doing wrong or what poster/s I've baited or obviusly deeply upset here?

• Advertisement

You are not going to convince me that you were innocently providing movie recommendations, it would be wise to stop digging a hole here.

You were having a dig at a particular poster after Man Utd's result yesterday, hoping for a reaction. This is baiting and against the charter. We obviously don't list every single way you can bait posters in the charter.

We can flag this for admin review if you wish to appeal further.

You are not going to convince me that you were innocently providing movie recommendations, it would be wise to stop digging a hole here.

You were having a dig at a particular poster after Man Utd's result yesterday, hoping for a reaction. This is baiting and against the charter. We obviously don't list every single way you can bait posters in the charter.

We can flag this for admin review if you wish to appeal further.

Oh, it's a particular poster as in singular? I was under the assumption that it was posters (plural) that I have disgruntled.

Can I ask which poster this is please?

I don't understand how a movie recommendation would be aimed at a particular poster?

Even more so that it's OK for other posters to ask me about it in a DR thread? Or PM me at 2am with recommendations of their own.

There's no consistency there if you are taking issue with me recommending a movie but not with either of the above, particularly the latter.

Can you explain yourself a little better please?

I understand you have assumptions, but with all due respect, they are too general & not being explained properly.

Thank you.

Can an admin please review this?

Can an admin please review this?

Yes, please.

Thank you for your time, awec.

Hopefully an admin will be able to simply answer the questions put to them & explain things clearly.

No offence meant by the way, but I'm sure it's why you have superiors to help you with matters you find difficult such as this.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have had a look over this.

You have done yourself no favours with the highly disingenuous attempt to play innocent/dumb here.

It's patently obvious you are trolling the forum and targeting a specific poster with these film "recommendations".

I fully agree with awec's decision to extend your ban to 6 months.

Card/ban upheld.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement