Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account hacked

Options
  • 07-02-2021 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to emails saying the wallet on my PlayStation had been topped and there were four transactions of €25 each. There was another email saying the email address on my account had been changed. None of this was me. I contacted my bank to cancel my care straight away. It’s just the €100 that went out in the end.

I tried contacting Sony to report the fraud, get my email changed so I can access my account, and look for a refund. I was only able to talk to a robot and they said they won’t have actual operators available until Monday. Surely there is some number I can call on a Sunday?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This has never happened to me before so I’m fairly stressed over it.

Thanks

Comments

Always always have 2 factor authentication activated for any service you use in case you hadn't been using it.

Advertisement