Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm switch

Options
  • 07-02-2021 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I have a hkc alarm have inertia with Reed on back door I got a dog and have to let it out at night sometimes.
    I have to keep un setting and setting alarm.
    Could I put a some sort of push button at back door to keep zone closed while I let dog out.
    Basically so I don't have to keep setting and unsettling alarm

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Yes, that is possible.

There are obvious drawbacks with this approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mick1983

2011 wrote: »
    Yes, that is possible.

There are obvious drawbacks with this approach.

I understand there's drawbacks if there's a switch at the door but its better than it not been used at all.
    I don't know of another way to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

I'm not sure that it is possible. Most of those alarm systems have anti tamper systems to ensure that wires going to sensors are not cut. So it's quite likely if it doesn't get a loop-back or a signal from the sensor, or possibly even a handshake from a chip in the sensor, it's just going to sound the alarm assuming someone's cut the wire.

You'd be far better off talking to a HKC installer about solutions for this.

I'm not sure that it is possible. Most of those alarm systems have anti tamper systems to ensure that wires going to sensors are not cut.

All you have to do is by pass the contact with a switch before opening the door.
    There might be a inertia senor that needs bypassing two depending on the setup but easily done.

If i was me i'd put a architrave switch beside the contact on the frame.
    Could be removed quickly if needed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mick1983

All you have to do is by pass the contact with a switch before opening the door.
    There might be a inertia senor that needs bypassing two depending on the setup but easily done.

If i was me i'd put a architrave switch beside the contact on the frame.
    Could be removed quickly if needed then.
    Getting hkc remote key fob so i can un set and set with it.Safest option thanks for reply

• Advertisement
Advertisement