Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm switch

Options
  • 07-02-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I have a hkc alarm have inertia with Reed on back door I got a dog and have to let it out at night sometimes.
    I have to keep un setting and setting alarm.
    Could I put a some sort of push button at back door to keep zone closed while I let dog out.
    Basically so I don't have to keep setting and unsettling alarm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

mick1983 wrote: »
    Hi I have a hkc alarm have inertia with Reed on back door I got a dog and have to let it out at night sometimes.
    I have to keep un setting and setting alarm.
    Could I put a some sort of push button at back door to keep zone closed while I let dog out.
    Basically so I don't have to keep setting and unsettling alarm

Which HKC Panel do you have ?

If you put a switch to bypass your back door, your system will not and cannot anymore comply with necessary standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mick1983

kub wrote: »
    Which HKC Panel do you have ?

If you put a switch to bypass your back door, your system will not and cannot anymore comply with necessary standards.
    Its a 10270.i don't mind if it doesnt comply with standards its my own house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

mick1983 wrote: »
    Its a 10270.i don't mind if it doesnt comply with standards its my own house.

Please get yourself a wireless fob for that system, if you were ever broken into then that lack of compliance would give your insurer a reason to leave you high and dry.

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/intrusion-keypads/rf-fob---key-fob---wireless/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mick1983

kub wrote: »
    Please get yourself a wireless fob for that system, if you were ever broken into then that lack of compliance would give your insurer a reason to leave you high and dry.

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/intrusion-keypads/rf-fob---key-fob---wireless/
    I actually never thought of that thanks will get key fob sorted

Advertisement