Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavilions Gift Vouchers Reduce In Value

• 07-02-2021 1:52pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Something I didn't know until I went online to check the balance on a few gift vouchers - after the 13th month they deduct €3 per month from the value. I've never had any hanging around this long before, but I've had two of them since December 2019. I was avoiding the place because of the pandemic.
    So I'll be doing my food shopping there this week before they take any more off the value.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Didn't know myself.Thanks for that Dizzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I thought legislation was brought in to stop that happening

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

So did I but no, only to stop vouchers going out of date. They couldn't make deducting from the value illegal, I think it was something to do with EU law. I knew one4all vouchers did it so I stopped buying them - as far as I know they deduct €1.50 a month. €3 a month is ridiculous and you'd think they'd waive it since people weren't able to use them because of the pandemic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

That's such bad form with the pandemic! You'd think they'd extend it by a yr at least!

Advertisement