Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire stick

• 07-02-2021 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone know where to get a fire stick Amazon uk site won’t ship to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭billbond4

Argos have firestick lite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭jem

billbond4 wrote: »
    Argos have firestick lite
    Out of stock for home delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 mithAine

You can get it from freetv site of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

Ive bought a few things already from the german amazon (amazon.de)
    All arrived quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smurf2000

jem wrote: »
    Hi anyone know where to get a fire stick Amazon uk site won’t ship to Ireland

Curries have them. Ordered the 4k one on Friday, due to arrive today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Be careful guys. I bought one for my Dad in currys over Christmas. Had to bring it back as amazon prime wouldn't work nor any of the tv apps. Amazon told me over the phone it was because I was in Ireland and it wasn't supported.

So unless you plan to use it for other uses, stay away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ive bought a few things already from the german amazon (amazon.de)
    All arrived quick enough.

non of the EU amazons will deliver a firestick here. In the firestick thread I was saying earlier you might be able to find an EU version of currys who might send one here.

You could use forwarding services for amazon but it will likely end up expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think Amazon are dropping the prices at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ozziej wrote: »
    Be careful guys. I bought one for my Dad in currys over Christmas. Had to bring it back as amazon prime wouldn't work nor any of the tv apps. Amazon told me over the phone it was because I was in Ireland and it wasn't supported.

So unless you plan to use it for other uses, stay away!

I'd recommend you look at android forum to see how wonderful these are. You are correct, useless in Ireland if you want to use it for Amazon services. But some small effort unlocks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've just been able to order a fire stick lite to my Irish address. Might be cancelled, but I hope not. I already have a 4k but need one for another room and I don't need the 4k or TV controls. I'd signed up with Addresspal to try and get one that way but said I'd chance my home address and it worked. Fingers crossed, delivery date is mid April so could be cancelled yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Caranica wrote: »
    I've just been able to order a fire stick lite to my Irish address. Might be cancelled, but I hope not. I already have a 4k but need one for another room and I don't need the 4k or TV controls. I'd signed up with Addresspal to try and get one that way but said I'd chance my home address and it worked. Fingers crossed, delivery date is mid April so could be cancelled yet.

Just checked and it seems all fire tv devices, today anyway, are shipping to Ireland and there's spring discount as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sup08 wrote: »

Just checked and it seems all fire tv devices, today anyway, are shipping to Ireland and there's spring discount as well.

Yes, they changed it this week. No discount on the lite though, and mine is due tomorrow. Huge improvement on mid April!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Caranica wrote: »
    Yes, they changed it this week. No discount on the lite though, and mine is due tomorrow. Huge improvement on mid April!!

I was very impressed with delivery times. Ordered a Fire Cube last Wednesday (24th) and it arrived Saturday gone (27th) - 3-day delivery even though it told me it wasn't due until 6th April.

Advertisement