Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin One Quality on Sky

• 07-02-2021 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I never watch much on Virgin One or the old TV3 but the 6 nations is around again and I end up tuning in and remembering why I don't want anything on the channel. I think there's even a little HD logo in the top right but the picture is so poor you wouldn't swear that's what it is.
    Once the analysis is over I switch straight to ITV or BBC for the game and the picture is crystal clear. I know these are HD and Virgin may not be despite the logo but the quality is worse than an illegal stream. Its not even SD quality.
    I found a few old threads asking virgin what was up and they just referred them to Sky.
    Does anyone know why? I assume its something to do with Sky and Virgin being direct competitors.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Virgin Media on Sky is only available in HD when you have the HD pack. During the match, Virgin had the "HD" logo on non-HD versions of the channel.

It is Virgin who are both technically incompetent and greedy - they should make the HD versions of their channels more widely available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

It was the same on Saorview, showing HD but the quality was SD at best.

I had it recorded so couldn't switch channel but would have done otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That happens more often than it should on the SD channels. I see it on Virgin Media Three sometimes too.

Advertisement