Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow & banned over image

• 07-02-2021 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I received a yellow card infraction yesterday after posting an image as a response to a post. This yellow was given by DM_7. Subsequently, on top of a yellow given by the same mod from the summer last year, it ended up as a 2 week ban from the soccer forum.

I'm disappointed to have received the yellow. DM_7 has stated his opinion that the image was in effect baiting/trolling and made zero effort to enter a discussion on the poster's point.

I disagree with this. I feel the image I created succinctly addresses and highlights, in a humorous way, my sentiment with regard to the posters attitude; that the poster in particularly was possibly displaying a contradictory/duplicitous sentiment with regards to Utd's result which I wanted to call to attention.

The meme format I employed is widely accepted as a valid method of expressing thoughts and opinions on the internet today, and is relevant on internet discussion forums, and it is something I often do on boards.ie. I have not received any yellow infractions on other forums and I'd like to think this is because I am being sincere in my intentions and not engaging in trolling behaviour.

I thought the use of this format was a decent, acceptable form of response which does not insult the poster, was never intended to insult the poster, and merely a visual way of contrasting these two opposing ideas which were displayed.

I've contacted DM_7 by private message and gave a more detailed account of my thoughts and actions. He has since stated that the the card will not be overturned.

One thing about being banned from the Soccer forum is, I no longer have access to the charter, so I can't go over it and look at specific resolutions addressing trolling/baiting and use of images, if indeed any exist, so I can be sure not to cross any lines in future instances and learn from this.

I am hoping an Admin can investigate this, thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Steyr 556

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Seeing as you have already engaged with the mod in question, I'll let the CMods know.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi Steyr,

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one and overturn the card and therefore the ban. Please do try to engage a bit more constructively in future.

Thanks,
    awec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

awec wrote: »
    Hi Steyr,

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one and overturn the card and therefore the ban. Please do try to engage a bit more constructively in future.

Thanks,
    awec

Thanks Awec, really appreciate it.

Advertisement