Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis Solar Panels and batteries best income settings

Options
  • 07-02-2021 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

Here is what I have installed recently
    6kw solar array
    Solis invertor
    2 X 2.4kw batteries
    Day/night meter on ESB board

I am looking to make best use of my solar and batteries.

I had the system set up to charge the batteries off the grid at night when electricity is cheapest so I could start the day with two full batteries charged on half price meter.

However once the batteries run down the solar is not then charging the batteries with any excess and it's sending it back to the grid.

Is there a way to set up my system to use the batteries in the morning and then have excess charge the batteries instead of going back to the grid?

Thanks for any help is anyone has a solid system installed.

Thanks

Comments

Due to the (in)efficiencies involved, you cannot make money charging night-rate and using day rate. It also costs more energy.

Li-ion doesn't like cold (Irish weather) if the battery is at atmospheric temperature chances are it's hit low temp cut out or it's being damaged from low temp operation.
    Quite often the charger will sit down 20°C before the load.

I find the best income settings is to spend the battery budget on more solar instead and offset import instead of trying to keep every electron for later at great expense.

Advertisement