Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Should have been out of sight in first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Madness absolute madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Completely collapsed. No CL football next season.

We’ve been garbage, but tbh even from this position with 14 more games left we’re as likely as anyone to get to 4.

3-1. Done. Anyone recommend any other sports?

Netball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

3-1. Done. Anyone recommend any other sports?

Never give up on your team, unless they do something awful, immoral or against the rules imo.

Jones was great first half and you can always count on Salah for a goal.

Poor Allison having a tough time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Right, confidence is fragile and once something goes against us it’s totally shot.

Real danger we won’t finish in top 4 now, amd in fact it’s more likely we won’t. We needed to sign a CB on Jan 1. Klopp’s brilliance in the past made them do otherwise, thinking we’d be in the top 4.

This is the owners’ fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Robertson and Trent realise they are defenders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

SlickRic wrote: »
    Yup.

It's not a quality thing.

It's a mental thing.

Personnel, fitness and tiredness thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

**** the league, all out for the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

First half was all Liverpool, but Leicester could have been 2-0 with the Vardy chances at half time.

Similar story this half, tbh.

We seem to concede so much now in the last 10 minutes. Is that fitness as much as a mental thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Feels like watching 2012 Liverpool these days. I wouldn’t even have us favourites to make top 4 now, it’ll be a battle to achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Ardent wrote:
    That was all Allison's fault. Kabak doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.

I agree. As long as Ali didn't call.

Ali has always swept since we bought him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Taylor has been bad too in the middle some shocking decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What was Allison doing? Hope he doesn't have Covid brain fog or something. He has been completely off since his 'illness'.

Also, expected Kabak to have a turn of pace, which he doesn't have seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Beaten again by a team that done nothing to deserve it, its getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pepp1989 wrote: »

He shouldn't have been coming out regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Everything about this is on us. Not Leicester.

We have destroyed them over the course of this game. But one stupid foul, another stupid mistake, and just not staying compact have ruined us.

Leicester have done nothing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He doesn't need to sweep everything though. That was fairly far out and there was a man there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Kabak involved in all 3 of their goals, I know it's his first game, but maybe it came too soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A deadwood clear out needed in the summer, too many dropped below the standards required and for far too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Taylor has been a disgrace too in the middle some shocking decisions

That’s it blame the ref 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Taylor has been a disgrace too in the middle some shocking decisions

His mate definitely had a bet on Kabak getting a yellow. Softest I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What was Allison doing? Hope he doesn't have Covid brain fog or something. He has been completely off since his 'illness'.

If you meant he illness the other week, I've read rumours that was a concussion after clashing heads in training.

He had covid months ago, I think?

Jesus, poor auld Klopp, what an absolutely horrible year it’s been for him so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kabak involved in all 3 of their goals, I know it's his first game, but maybe it came too soon

Soft free, keeper mistake and left hanging by his right back.

Always likely to make a high line mistake, that’s not something you can click into after a fortnight of training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That’s it blame the ref 🙈

Not blaming the ref it has been the defence and laziness of the team but the ref has been bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thiago will come good for us next season I'm sure, but he's a liability at the moment as he adjusts to this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s grim, the team are finding new ways to lose every week. That 7-0 win against palace feels like years ago.

Top 4 is in danger but it’s not lost, the margin for error is razor thin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Is anyone really surprised at this result, we've been brutal since Christmas, with the odd exception, confidence and morale must be on the floor and we're playing a confidence Leicester side in good form. Unfortunately it will probably get worse before it gets better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

SlickRic wrote: »
    Everything about this is on us. Not Leicester.

We have destroyed them over the course of this game. But one stupid foul, another stupid mistake, and just not staying compact have ruined us.

Leicester have done nothing here.
    Hardly destroyed them! Vardy had the best two chances of the first half! Leicester could have scored six today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The team just collapses now when conceding a goal. Get Hendo back in midfield FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mane was clearly fouled in the build up to the 2nd goal as well. Didn’t get it of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

Ardent wrote: »
    Thiago will come good for us next season I'm sure, but he's a liability at the moment as he adjusts to this league.

Just like Keita

Knex* wrote: »
    If you meant he illness the other week, I've read rumours that was a concussion after clashing heads in training.

He had covid months ago, I think?

I don’t think Ali has had Covid. He was a close contact a few months back from being with the Brazil squad, but I’m pretty sure he was negative.

Fab to protect Phillips kabak/Davies is surely surely the way to improve things. Hendo ahead of him and one of Jones gini keita thiago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The free/foul call against Tiago was a huge turning point. Barnes did that several times, kick the ball past the defender, initiate contact, fall on the ground, and referee falls for it. Tiago pulled out of the challenge as best he could really, u don't know what he could have done to be honest.
    Madison was trying that free all day, eventually got lucky. Alison, on a bad run, his kicking is way off, had another kick from the hands that put us back in trouble earlier too.
    Heads gone for goal #3, fullbacks pushing on, the 3rd goal isn't the problem.
    Bad start to a big week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Kabak has no turn of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭doc_17

Mane was clearly fouled in the build up to the 2nd goal as well. Didn’t get it of course.

Yes, pushed in the back.

Also bringing on Ox... Klopp... Why. Jones was going well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im sick of making excuses for the team, we've been absolute ****e since before xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone see the free on Mane in the build up tothere seond WTG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Thiago absolute garbage. He's supposed to be an experienced midfielder and should be capable of putting his foot on a game like this to prevent us shipping 3 goals in 7 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best chance of Champions League football next season might be winning the thing this year, as unlikely as they even is. Realistically, I struggle to see us beating Leipzig over two legs on current form thohgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He was pulled down by the shoulders I thought I was the only one that saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yeah, full arms extended shove in the back from Evans. You’re not getting anything from Anthony Taylor though.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The free/foul call against Tiago was a huge turning point. Barnes did that several times, kick the ball past the defender, initiate contact, fall on the ground, and referee falls for it. Tiago pulled out of the challenge as best he could really, u don't know what he could have done to be honest.
    Madison was trying that free all day, eventually got lucky. Alison, on a bad run, his kicking is way off, had another kick from the hands that put us back in trouble earlier too.
    Heads gone for goal #3, fullbacks pushing on, the 3rd goal isn't the problem.
    Bad start to a big week.

It was a free kick. No question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Vicxas wrote: »
    Im sick of making excuses for the team, we've been absolute ****e since before xmas.

Since they came back after covid time off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ox is a busted flush at the moment, two games in a row Jones has been subbed off and we go tits up, OK not as easy as saying that's the issue but I'd be keeping him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

You’d have to think the gps trackers show him lagging, can’t see why else he keeps taking him off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

**** it, I love this club.

YNWA

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement