Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

MarkY91 wrote: »
    If chelsea get 4th spot and sin the CL, does that give a CL spot to 5th place?

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If chelsea get 4th spot and win the CL, does that give a CL spot to 5th place?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56787573

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Unless everyone above us absolutely collapses I can't see us getting top 4, we're absolutely muck at the moment. There's a serious amount of work to be done in the summer to revitalize this squad, best we can hope for next season is top 4 and maybe winning the inaugural European Conference! Imagine around this time next year we could be the Conference league winners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Moar trophies please. Hate ending the season with nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So if we do catch Chelsea to 4th, but they win the CL, and Arsenal was to win Europa League, then 4th will not get us CL.

Thankfully Arsenal have no hope of winning E L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Red Bird have just bought into Malaga CF.

The now own Toulouse in France and have share in Malaga in Spain and have a share in Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The only way to get in to the CL is either get top 4 or win one of thie previous seasons European competitions.

Doesn't matter what other teams do.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Seems strange the United game is moved to a late late kick off, should have played it early before the protesters get up out of bed.
    There may be trouble ahead ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Seems strange the United game is moved to a late late kick off, should have played it early before the protesters get up out of bed.
    There may be trouble ahead ..

Both United's security and the police will be out in force and making sure that no protesters or getting anywhere near the pitch. Once bitten...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Both United's security and the police will be out in force and making sure that no protesters or getting anywhere near the pitch. Once bitten...

Plus Sky will dictate an evening primetime slot for this tie, always. Nothing else matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It’s the hotel stuff they need to worry about... that’s what postponed the game, and was where the orchestrated efforts went.

Perhaps a good idea for the team to do a last minute swerve in their plans and meet up elsewhere.

They have Leicester at home before then anyway, so we’ll see what happens with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

dogbert27 wrote: »

Konate and Kabak in, VVD and Gomez back. Keep Phillips around for the domestic cups or *shudder* Europa, I’d be happy with that. Don’t think Matip can be counted on sadly but we still keep him around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

kabak isnt up to it nor will he ever be imo..just cant see it in him.

Would tend to think the opposite... have to factor in his age imo. Any CB who already looks decent at 20/21 is really very much on the right track. He's waaaaay ahead of the game for his age. His reading of the game, and the speed of his decision making are really impressive. He's very good at making the little movements needed to cover angles and stop people getting past him in the box. Confident on the ball too.

The concern I'd have about him at Liverpool specifically is simply his lack of raw pace for playing the way Liverpool want to play. A worse defender who's simply faster would probably suit Klopp better. But I reckon he'll have a very solid career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How many 21 year old CBs don't you see putting in better performances than him so far?

Edit: he was actually mentioned on a podcast on The Athletic this week (think it was Red Agenda) and they actually said he's one of the faster CBs in the PL but it takes him a few extra strides to get up to max speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Konate and Kabak in, VVD and Gomez back. Keep Phillips around for the domestic cups or *shudder* Europa, I’d be happy with that. Don’t think Matip can be counted on sadly but we still keep him around.

Squad registry might force our hand. We mightn't have room in the squad to keep Matip if we sign both Konate and Kabak.

Unless of course we sell Phillips instead. But he's HG, so even leaving aside Matip's unreliability, it wouldn't make sense to offload Phillips and keep Matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fieldog wrote: »

Not sure how long he’ll remain 67 if he becomes a regular!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How many 21 year old CBs don't you see putting in better performances than him so far?

Edit: he was actually mentioned on a podcast on The Athletic this week (think it was Red Agenda) and they actually said he's one of the faster CBs in the PL but it takes him a few extra strides to get up to max speed.

He just does not suit our game imo.. could work out playing for a different manager,no point being fast if you give fast players a head start,you'll usually loose.

Hopefully he proves me wrong if we sign him.

• Advertisement

FA Youth Cup semi-final against Ipswich Town will be shown on BT next Wednesday at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

He just does not suit our game imo.. could work out playing for a different manager,no point being fast if you give fast players a head start,you'll usually loose.

Hopefully he proves me wrong if we sign him.

If you look at the stats he's actually deceptively quick. Read it on the Athletics profile on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Always keep in mind with Kabak that's he's only just turned 21 ! He's only two months older than Foden and a year and a half younger than Trent!! He's an absolute baby in CB terms.

He's been brilliant for us. Thrown in at the deep end in the middle of a sh*t season and himself and Philips have stepped up to the plate big time, when other more experienced, exalted players have gone missing. No excuses used of settling in, or different country or different league etc etc. He's just got on with it. Hope we sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

Personally I think signing Kabak is a no brainer,especially for the fee involved.
    He's only just turned 21, thrown in at the deep end of what is realistically a team struggling for form and consistency. The only actual centre backs he's played with are nowhere near good enough for Liverpool and he's just got on with things, very efficiently.
    If he played 30 games next season, paired with a proper, senior centre back I think we'd see a completely different player.

The only issue is if the money is seen as a priority elsewhere. I think we'd regret not signing him in a year or two if we don't go for it.

All Arsenal needed was a lousy goal to possibly ruin our season, but as it stands 4th place will be enough .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

What age is Kabak??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think it's a reach to sign him for 18m based more on his age than performances.

Another body was the priority at Xmas but I'd prefer if we were pickier now.

noodler wrote: »
    I think it's a reach to sign him for 18m based more on his age than performances.

Another body was the priority at Xmas but I'd prefer if we were pickier now.

It would appear Konate is the pick for right now - but if the investment money was available, buying Kabak and even just loaning him out would likely see us make a profit in a year or two.

Imo he’s worth 18m from his performances alone - his age makes him much more valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Kabak strikes me as one of those defenders who looks a bit daft in his youth but has something about him - similar to lads like Carra who looked kinda clumsy early on in their career but blossomed later - defo one to keep if possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

.red. wrote: »
    Personally I think signing Kabak is a no brainer,especially for the fee involved.
    He's only just turned 21, thrown in at the deep end of what is realistically a team struggling for form and consistency. The only actual centre backs he's played with are nowhere near good enough for Liverpool and he's just got on with things, very efficiently.
    If he played 30 games next season, paired with a proper, senior centre back I think we'd see a completely different player.

The only issue is if the money is seen as a priority elsewhere. I think we'd regret not signing him in a year or two if we don't go for it.

Would he get 30 games next season with a fit VVD, Gomez and Konate ahead of him? I don't think so. He may end up getting only 10 games or so, which could hinder his development.
    I think he's a very good prospect. I hope they sign him and give him plenty of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Would he get 30 games next season with a fit VVD, Gomez and Konate ahead of him? I don't think so. He may end up getting only 10 games or so, which could hinder his development.
    I think he's a very good prospect. I hope they sign him and give him plenty of games.

There's a good chance VVD and Gomez will have a few niggly muscle injuries after such long lay offs. Matip is made of glass. All 3 will have to be wrapped in cotton wool, especially the first few months back.
    Konate is also only 21 and has barely played this season due to injury.

Say nothing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The absolute ****ing state of us if we can't get top four this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gbear wrote: »

There's always next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Had we even held on a few minutes against Leeds and Newcastle we’d be in a strong position. Immensely frustrating. Much like most of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Our run in is going to be emblematic of our season. We're going to get chance after chance, trip over our own dicks repeatedly, and then our opponents are going to stumble over themselves as they beat us to the line.

_________Alisson__________

___Philips________Kabak____

Trent________________Robertson
    _________Fabinho__________

______Thiago__Milner________

Salah______Jota____Oxlade_________

Kill em that way

• Advertisement

9 points behind Leicester with two games in hand.

Do Leicester now focus on Man U on Tuesday or the FA Cup final next weekend.

Will Man U play the kids against Leicester saving the full strength team against us on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Our run in is going to be emblematic of our season. We're going to get chance after chance, trip over our own dicks repeatedly, and then our opponents are going to stumble over themselves as they beat us to the line.

Leicester losing is irrelevant? We can’t catch them now.

4th is gone, sooner you accept the better.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Leicester losing is irrelevant? We can’t catch them now.

4th is gone, sooner you accept the better.

If we don't get top 4 I would much rather see West Ham get it over Leicester City that's for sure.

I don't want Leicester building on the back of Champions League money let them sell there players to fund the squad not get Champions League money to improve it.

So Leicester losing is very relevant to us for next season alone even if we aren't in the Champions League.

I knew we'd see a huge reaction from Newcastle after clown show against Arsenal

Chelsea have a nightmare run in, while West Ham have a walk in the park. But we too should be winning every remaining game.
    Leicester too have United Away, Chelsea Away, Spurs at home

If we can get it together 4th is there

Forbes released there most valuable sports teams of 2021.

Liverpool are 12th $4.1B and The Red Sox $3.47B are 20th.

Man U are 11th at $4.2B

The 3 football teams in the top 10 are Barca $4.76B, Madrid $4.75B, Munich at $4.21B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

If we don't get top 4 I would much rather see West Ham get it over Leicester City that's for sure.

I don't want Leicester building on the back of Champions League money let them sell there players to fund the squad not get Champions League money to improve it.

So Leicester losing is very relevant to us for next season alone even if we aren't in the Champions League.

wouldn't like to see another team from London rising up.. although i cant see West Ham getting so high in the table next year if they dont get top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

PlasticInsistentEidolonhelvum-size_restricted.gif

................and then we go and lose to Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

_________Alisson__________

___Philips________Kabak____

Trent________________Robertson
    _________Fabinho__________

______Thiago__Milner________

Salah______Jota____Oxlade_________

Kill em that way

Jesus, I know Mane is in bad form but not a hope with Ox. I’d rather give it Shaqiri.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement