Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ox looked good when he came on against Madrid. Klopp is so poor not giving him minutes in games that we need difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The biggest obstacle to getting top 4 is our own form, we would need to win all our remaining matches, which is possible, but, our form doesn't suggest we will, to have any chance, even winning all our games might not be enough, so we would probably still need someone to do us a favour, but, with most teams having nothing to play for and already on holiday mode I don't see that happening. Tbh we don't deserve top 4 as it's been handed to us on a plate in the last month and we weren't good enough to take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Even winning all our games might not be enough,........... with most teams having nothing to play for and already on holiday mode I don't see that happening.

Not a hope in hell we are winning all our remaining games and if anyone looks like they're in holiday mode its LFC.
    Never thought I'd say it about this group of players but they've been a disgrace to the shirt recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,722 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Forbes released there most valuable sports teams of 2021.

Liverpool are 12th $4.1B and The Red Sox $3.47B are 20th.

Man U are 11th at $4.2B

The 3 football teams in the top 10 are Barca $4.76B, Madrid $4.75B, Munich at $4.21B

I'm no financial whizz but how can 2 teams with massive debts and aging squads be worth 4.76B and 4.75B?

I'm no financial whizz but how can 2 teams with massive debts and aging squads be worth 4.76B and 4.75B?

It's the clubs value, not the squad or team.
    Everything will be taken into account, squad, ground, facilities, marketing value etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FSG have gotten us within $100m of Man U’s value that would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

Turns out value means nothing, not when the most broke club in the world is declared the richest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Turns out value means nothing, not when the most broke club in the world is declared the richest.

They’re just two different things... Richest implies the money the entity has available to spend. Value is the sticker price if the whole entity itself were to change hands.

Think of Tesla, or Facebook. The former became the most valuable car company in the world at a time they were close to running at a loss - because value takes into account likely future growth based on their solidified brand recognition, and position as the top innovator in the fastest growing car market (electric). And for years Facebook had no source of revenue other than outside investment... the product itself brought in no money - but as they built their list of users, their value grew into the billions just because of the potential earnings if they were to switch on ads.

There aren't being declared the richest there are being declared the clubs with the biggest value.

City, PSG & Chelsea are clearly the richest clubs in the world however there value is a lot less as there brands are not seen as big or worth as much as Barca, Madrid, Munich, Man U or Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Leicester losing is irrelevant? We can’t catch them now.

4th is gone, sooner you accept the better.

Oh I don't doubt it. But we shouldn't forget that it should be reasonable to expect to win these last 5 games. Maybe not nailed on, but it shouldn't be a moon shot.

Battleing out for 4th place and feebly conceding it has been our lot this season, but they should not be seen as the new standard for the club. A similar performance next season would see Klopp getting the sack, and rightly so, and a lot of the senior players getting the boot the following summer.

Even aside from the fact that winning all our games may not even be enough, the players should know that if they fail to do so, that is a failure, and they will not be allowed to continue playing at that level and be able to expect to stay at the club.

Elliott finished his season loan with another goal.

That is 7 goals 12 assists in 42 games.

He will probably also win championship young player of the year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

It'll never happen but would love to see us sign Son from Spurs. I think he'd be amazing and really reinvigorate the front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    It'll never happen but would love to see us sign Son from Spurs. I think he'd be amazing and really reinvigorate the front 3.

We need someone younger to come in.

Son two seasons ago would ha w been amazing signing. Now we need a younger player

• Advertisement

The race for 4th is again, always so so polite

'' after you my good man''

'' no after you good sir''

Leicester and Spurs both lose. I'm guessing we'll leave them off the hook

Salah now with a two game advantage over Kane for the Golden Booty

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wonder will it be the same lineup that was due to face Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

We need City to do is a favour here. 9 changes from the CL match, but that team would still give the PL a good run for its money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

KevRossi wrote: »
    We need City to do is a favour here. 9 changes from the CL match, but that team would still give the PL a good run for its money.

They'd be short enough odds alright

• Advertisement

Good timing from the old boy.

<edit>
    Ha! Game was all but over there, except for Agueros hilarious pen attempt. What is it with City and pens?!

Watching the City Chelsea game on DAZN and we only won the league last year because Chelsea beat City to give us the title according to the commentators on there.

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, R. Williams, Robertson; Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Salah, Jota, Mane

Kabak, Milner, Keita and Davies out with minor fitness concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

RIP

Decent enough team, Williams aside. But I’d rather Williams was there than Fab was pushed back again.

All looks a bit moot unfortunately, with Chelsea beating City it’s even less likely there’s any opening for too 4 at all. Annoying one, as City have thrown it away.

Man U have to play a full strength team now against Villa and Leicester or they will be seen as giving up on the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Chelsea have won so all down to Leicester collapsing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Keita out again.... is it a problem with him or a problem with our medical staff? Either way, need to cash in on him in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Leicester could lose all their games and we still wouldn't catch them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

It’s just a little airborne, it’s still good.

• Advertisement

There's absolutely nothing to like about City. The one time in a blue moon that you hope they can do you a favour, they let you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

There's absolutely nothing to like about City. The one time in a blue moon that you hope they can do you a favour, they let you down.

Chelsea were never the team Liverpool have to catch for top 4

Ben Woodburn on the bench, I didn't realise he was back at the club

He might come good yet and save us €60m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

So we need Everton to do us a favour against West Ham (win or draw).
    And Leicester to lose and draw one from ... Man Utd (A), Chelsea (A), Spurs (H).
    And we win all our matches with a few goals to spare.

Then we're go to go in the CL next year.

Or Man Utd to have the mother of all collapses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

.red. wrote: »
    Ben Woodburn on the bench, I didn't realise he was back at the club

He might come good yet and save us €60m.

Not. A. Chance.

Milner should be back end of next week.

Kabak and Davies could be out for the rest of the season.

Looks like they are all out of the Man U match.

Mo!! Mane there for a tap in!

Chelsea were never the team Liverpool have to catch for top 4

No, but a loss today would have made things interesting and kept the pressure on those around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

It’d be great to not kick the ball straight at the opposition goalkeeper all the time.

• Advertisement

Nice from Jota, just couldn’t find the finish.

Mane’s general play looks sharp enough too. We’ll see if he can improve on his finishing though.

Forster having a great game against us. It never ceases to amaze me how well opposition keepers play against us.

Forster having a great game against us. It never ceases to amaze me how well opposition keepers play against us.

Our finishing has been terrible that’s a big part of it.

Great keeping from Al.

Maneeee

Got away with it twice there. Allison saves and then Trent tries to dribble out of defence and loses it

And we score.

• Advertisement

Salah to Mane, ha

That's rare

Horrendous Liverpool defending there, in a whole host of different ways...

And Mane does the business at the other end!

Salah clearly not happy about it either that he supplied Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

I've said it before, but everytime I see Rhys Williams sprint he reminds me of Gerrard trying to sprint in his final Liverpool season when his legs had gone.

We need to get a second quickly.

Other wise I see a repeat of the last couple of games where we concede in the last few minutes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement