Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

On current form we are close to being one of the worst teams in the league
    Totally demoralising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think if City win tomorrow we can forget about the league.

Worst home league run since 1923.... Worst than the woy days :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Henderson played in defense again and ended up injured. This basically sums up what is wrong with the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,721 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, that’s it fella, Thiago’s the problem.

Ridiculous comment.

Well, in fairness, he's not the solution!
    Thiago brings nothing to this team but mistimed tackles, yellow cards and sideways or backwards passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

martyos121 wrote: »
    I wasn’t fully serious a few weeks ago when I said our best chance of playing in the Champions League next season is to win it this year.

Now it’s becoming true I fear. Top 4 is even looking unrealistic now.

We're not getting top 4 now....and we won't win the CL with the players we have left available to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just null and void this season for the love of god, can't take much more of it. Agree with the shouts above regards Firmino, how many times do you have to stink the place out to be dropped, he's been a shell of a player for ages now.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Ok tell me a worse title defence..

Since when did how you defend the title become a thing?

Seasons are not connected and can have completely different circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We loan out a forward to Southampton who we never gave a proper go of and continue to play a clearly rapidly declining Firmino. How many times every game does he get a chance on goal and can't even hit the target? He breaks down every attack with a **** touch. I'm actually sick of watching him.
    Jota won't have to do much to bench him.

murpho999 wrote: »

Cheers, needed a good chuckle. :)

• Advertisement

McFly85 wrote: »
    I can’t stand this nonsense. It’s a tough season for the lads and they’re infuriating to watch but theres definitely mitigating circumstances.

Anyways, it’s not true.
    Blackburn finished 7th season after, Leicester finished 12th.

If we don't improve on 7 points from 9 games we won't get 12th :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

McFly85 wrote: »

Anyways, it’s not true.
    Blackburn finished 7th season after, Leicester finished 12th.

Exactly , Leicester finished with 44 pts. If Liverpool get less than 4 points from the next 13 games, then the conversation can be had.

I dont. What decisions did they get wrong today or issues did they cause?

VAR could have overruled the penalty decision. Instead they chickened out and told the ref to go look at the monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Augeo wrote: »
    I dread to think what sort of moronic crap they'll ask klopp :(

I wish they'd ask him about his tactics and maybe just maybe he should change them?

Well in the last 10 years alone, UTD finished 7th in a title defence, Chelsea 10th and Leicester 12th...

Leicester - 44 points from 38 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭McFly85

Since when did how you defend the title become a thing?

Seasons are not connected and can have completely different circumstances.

I honestly think it’s since Keano called us bad champions the other week. I’ve never heard it in relation to any other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

rob316 wrote: »
    We loan out a forward to Southampton who we never gave a proper go of and continue to play a clearly rapidly declining Firmino. How many times every game does he get a chance on goal and can't even hit the target? He breaks down every attack with a **** touch. I'm actually sick of watching him.
    Jota won't have to do much to bench him.

He more or less had him benched before he got injured so yeah it'll be easy to slot him back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Klopp will now have to be questioned
    Relegation form to say other wise if denial

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Klopp appears clueless to come up with something different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Leicester and Man City

Remember football did not start in 1992 Man City have been relegated before after winning the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gary Neville isn't funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We are getting what we deserve
    No pace no link between midfield and the forwards
    Everything sideways I can only see one common denominator and it’s Thiago

Everton deserve the win we offer nothing except 70% sideways possession which is absolutely useless

Seriously?! You look at everything going on at the club, and that’s the only cause you can see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Whole season has been injury after injury and coming out on the bad side of numerous VAR calls. Just exhausting.

MattS1 wrote: »
    DCL was about to score off the rebound and Trent basically stopped him getting up.

He was a yard ahead of him with his back to him and CL ran in to him and kneed him in the head.

Lol lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

These liverpool performances since Xmas are the worst I've ever seen as a supporter, even worse then Roy's beauties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp appears clueless to come up with something different

You have any ideas yourself? Given the players unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Leicester - 44 points from 38 games.

Ok. second worst. That makes me feel so much better. Thanks for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Ikozma wrote: »
    I'd actually sell salah and get a good fee for him, this team needs to be rebuilt, Bobby needs to go, giní may aswell head to barce, thiago can head back to Munich, origi, shaq, matip, gomez, milner and keita all need shifting. They've done their job, time to move on now
    Salah is the last of the front 3 that we should sell. By a long shot too. Mane is pants atm, but Bobby has been too useless for too long. I know Haaland might not be the most realistic to replace him, but a proper world class number 9 is needed. Bobby wouldn't be able to score in a brothel most days the past year or two. When are chances are limited like they are at the minute, it stand out more than usual.

What's Tyler on about?

How is this an historic result for Everton whilst Liverpool's previous wins are just victories?

Because in 1927, it was 2 years before era where the dinosaurs became extinct and he once saw a game at Shrewsbury where this ref had a real influence off the bench....

Or something along those lines?

Tyson losing to Buster Douglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

martyos121 wrote:
    Now it’s becoming true I fear. Top 4 is even looking unrealistic now.

Can't see them getting anywhere near top 4 to be honest. So so bad I don't know where to start and that's the worrying thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Just saw a tweet that said we were never close to scoring, and Pickford was outstanding. It cannot be both, if the keeper makes good saves and has an outstanding match it means you were attacking and close to scoring.

Nalz wrote: »
    Lol lol lol

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

• Advertisement

You have any ideas yourself? Given the players unavailable.

What about the players available?

Mane Thiago Salah Firmino Winj Jones all shiyte yeah?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Looking forward to seeing Klopp use the penalty as an excuse to blame someone other than himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Leicester and Man City

Remember football did not start in 1992 Man City have been relegated before after winning the league

Football didn't start in 1992 but the premier league did. I was clearly referring to the premier league years only.

Anyway, my spur of the moment statement was already proven to be incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Things are bad at the moment most definitely but after the incredible form of the last few yrs and mitigating circumstances of this season I think we can cut the team a bit of slack.

If we are in similar position and form this time next season then it is time to really worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Stop your nonsense.

• Advertisement

Chelsea finished on 50 points in 15-16. So 3 wins and 2 draws in the last 13 games will beat that. Havnt even gone back further than 5 years.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

the cupboard is bare for Klopp, we've been playing the kids for most of the season, difficult to come up with a new plan when you're losing players ever week.
    can see what he was moaning about player welfare earlier in the season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Salah is the last of the front 3 that we should sell. By a long shot too. Mane is pants atm, but Bobby has been too useless for too long. I know Haaland might not be the most realistic to replace him, but a proper world class number 9 is needed. Bobby wouldn't be able to score in a brothel most days the past year or two. When are chances are limited like they are at the minute, it stand out more than usual.

After Mane' performance it's Mo, the one person who has actually kept us in games at times lately, that people dump on again. It really is laughable. All because he gave a few poxy interviews.

Tyson losing to Buster Douglas

McGuigan against Cruz was brutal as well.

Anyway, my spur of the moment statement .

You doubled down by challenging it though

What about Chelsea finishing 10th a few years ago or UTD 7th....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

The over-the-top reactions in here game-by-game are gas. The team has had its spine removed through the CB injuries. Put good CBs back in and put the first choice midfielders back in midfield and the team will be fine. Until the top CBs are back and the top CMs are back in midfield, this will continue.

As European football next year becomes less likely, there'll probably be no big signings in the summer. Major outgoings also unlikely given the state of football club finances generally due to Covid. No-one has the sort of money throw around to sign Salah / Mane so I'd expect the only departures will be squad trimming with the expectation of few matches next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

On a positive note, i think Trent is playing quite well again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭McFly85

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Things are bad at the moment most definitely but after the incredible form of the last few yrs and mitigating circumstances of this season I think we can cut the team a bit of slack.

If we are in similar position and form this time next season then it is time to really worry

Exactly this. I’m not too bothered about being out of the title race, the team have been unbelievable over the last few years. I would like to get top 4 to make our prospects next season as good as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

dmigsy wrote: »
    The over-the-top reactions in here game-by-game are gas. The team has had its spine removed through the CB injuries. Put good CBs back in and put the first choice midfielders back in midfield and the team will be fine. Until the top CBs are back and the top CMs are back in midfield, this will continue.

As European football next year becomes less likely, there'll probably be no big signings in the summer. Major outgoings also unlikely given the state of football club finances generally due to Covid. No-one has the sort of money throw around to sign Salah / Mane so I'd expect the only departures will be squad trimming with the expectation of few matches next season.

Over the top? It’s like ground hog day, the low block is killing the team. Players are out of form and Klopp is repeatedly running into a brick wall and expecting the wall to break.
    That deserves criticisms.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement