Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    On a positive note, i think Trent is playing quite well again.

Apart from no look headbutting someones knee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Crazy that Klopp thought 2 rookies at CB would be enough, bizarre that a top player wasn't signed with all the injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

sport-bandwagon-bandwagonning-frontrunner-front_runners-home_team-chyn20_low.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Faugheen wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Klopp use the penalty as an excuse to blame someone other than himself.

Really?
    You want to blame Klopp for this whole match?

Can't believe people are doubting Klopp after all he has done and the sh1t he has faced this season.

I think any manager would struggle with what has happened this season to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Who gives a **** about the pen, we still would have lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

After Mane' performance it's Mo, the one person who has actually kept us in games at times lately, that people dump on again. It really is laughable. All because he gave a few poxy interviews.

Salah always gets criticised, despite being our best forward and hope of a goal, but, Mane for some reason is immune to criticism despite being desperately poor most of this season, it was the same with Firmino, desperate for the guts of two years, but, it's only lately some fans grudgingly admit it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Crazy that Klopp thought 2 rookies at CB would be enough, bizarre that a top player wasn't signed with all the injuries.

That's where you have to look at the owners.

Scraping bargain basement on transfer deadline day and only because Matip got injured.

Should have had proper back up for Lovren in August and then should have been signing a player in early January when it was clear that there were problems.

Henry Winter in The Times (behind paywall) had good article about it a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Salah always gets criticised, despite being our best forward and hope of a goal, but, Mane for some reason is immune to criticism despite being desperately poor most of this season, it was the same with Firmino, desperate for the guts of two years, but, it's only lately some fans grudgingly admit it

I agree. Mané has been very poor for a while now.

What's happened to our defense injury wise can't be used as an excuse as to why the rest most notibly our attacking play is so bad, if that's the case we'd be losing 3-2,4-3 every game, the fact is our forwards are gone tá utter **** since Xmas, we don't look like scoring in any game whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Girly Gal wrote: »

When the team is winning, no one cares about individual performances, players are playing "for the team", when the same players still aren't performing and the team isn't winning, that's when the criticism sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ikozma wrote: »
    Who gives a **** about the pen, we still would have lost

Because it can be irrelevant to the result, and still be a glaring standout weird piece of referring that deserves to be called out.

I agree. Mané has been very poor for a while now.

Mane and Bobby have been horrendous for a fair spell now, particularly bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bobby needs dropping and a proper striker brought in the summer. Enough is enough, the squad needs a cull and proper investment from FSG. None of this sell to buy ****e.

What's happened to our defense injury wise can't be used as an excuse as to why the rest most notibly our attacking play is so bad, if that's the case we'd be losing 3-2,4-3 every game, the fact is our forwards are gone tá utter **** since Xmas, we don't look like scoring in any game whatsoever

First of all, the defensive injuries overlap with us also now missing our nailed on 2 first choice midfielders.

And do you really not understand how one position impacts upon another position? Like, the knock on effects to team and system have been explained at length here and elsewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Guess Davies might get a game now

• Advertisement

I agree. Since the Palace game we have created fückall chances compared to previous games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That was a frustrating watch. Made even harder by the commentator on my stream who seemed to have a ream of statistics at the ready on all sorts of dubious records we dont want, every few minutes he was coming out with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    First of all, the defensive injuries overlap with us also now missing our nailed on 2 first choice midfielders.

And do you really not understand how one position impacts upon another position? Like, the knock on effects to team and system have been explained at length here and elsewhere...

Some people clearly dont understand how football positions work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I dont. What decisions did they get wrong today or issues did they cause?

It made no difference to the result, but how the referee looked at the replay, and didn't overturn it is beyond odd.

If you read the rest of my post, I didn't blame it for the result. Nor should anyone. But it was a mad decision. Both to give it initially, and to not overturn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mane and Bobby have been horrendous for a fair spell now, particularly bobby

Mane even when he's bad is still better than most wide forwards. Firmino just offers nothing anymore a total luxury player at this stage.

• Advertisement

I agree. Since the Palace game we have created fückall chances compared to previous games.

The Palace game was the greatest faux result we've ever had.

7 worldies.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really?
    You want to blame Klopp for this whole match?

Can't believe people are doubting Klopp after all he has done and the sh1t he has faced this season.

I think any manager would struggle with what has happened this season to the squad.

Yes, really.

He has absolutely no plan B and he has persisted with players who are woefully out of form or out of their depth while being stubborn about using the transfer window. When he did he panic bought two defenders after he realised his own plan wasn’t working (a long time after everyone else).

Reporters ask him legitimate questions and he get cranky with them. He blames the refs, VAR, other teams. Absolutely nothing is to do with him.

I’m not calling for him to be sacked or anything but the injuries excuse has worn thin. He had ample time to do something about it and he waited until the last minute to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

razorblunt wrote: »
    Over the top? It’s like ground hog day, the low block is killing the team. Players are out of form and Klopp is repeatedly running into a brick wall and expecting the wall to break.
    That deserves criticisms.

Who said criticism wasn't allowed/deserved? Some lads are saying sell Salah and that this team is worse than Roy Hodgson's etc :pac:. You think that's level-headed analysis and opinion? I think it's way over the top. Good entertainment though.

He was fairly clear he wanted a CB but the purse strings weren't opening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

With hendo injured who'll be the CH 4 next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SlickRic wrote: »
    It made no difference to the result, but how the referee looked at the replay, and didn't overturn it is beyond odd.

But thats exactly what I said.

It wasnt a VAR issue though. VAR told him to have a look at it and without VAR there would just have been the peno he gave anyway.

There plenty of complaints to have about VAR, but today wasnt one of them. It was just a standard bad refereeing decision, like theres been for 150 years, compounded by him doubling down when he had the chance to fix it.

This game was screaming out for Minamino!!

dmigsy wrote: »
    Who said criticism wasn't allowed/deserved? Some lads are saying sell Salah and that this team is worse than Roy Hodgson's etc :pac:. You think that's level-headed analysis and opinion? I think it's way over the top. Good entertainment though.

To be fair did we do worse than 7 pts from 9 pl games under Roy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That was a frustrating watch. Made even harder by the commentator on my stream who seemed to have a ream of statistics at the ready on all sorts of dubious records we dont want, every few minutes he was coming out with them.

I'd of rather listened to your guy than Martin Tyler. Not that Mane's header was going in at the start of the 2nd Half but the lacklustre way he raised his voice was gas.

Yes, really.

He has absolutely no plan B and he has persisted with players who are woefully out of form or out of their depth while being stubborn about using the transfer window. When he did he panic bought two defenders after he realised his own plan wasn’t working (a long time after everyone else).

Reporters ask him legitimate questions and he get cranky with them. He blames the refs, VAR, other teams. Absolutely nothing is to do with him.

I’m not calling for him to be sacked or anything but the injuries excuse has worn thin. He had ample time to do something about it and he waited until the last minute to do so.

... and who are these options that he should be picking? The squad is absolutely bare bones right now.

As for the transfer window, Klopp made it very clear he wanted to do more but the money wasn’t there for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Has klopp lost the dressing room?

This game was screaming out for Minamino!!

Is he even much use as a centre half?

With hendo injured who'll be the CH 4 next game

I'd put Phillips in with Davies. It's only Sheff Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Yes, really.

He has absolutely no plan B and he has persisted with players who are woefully out of form or out of their depth

What are the options exactly and why do you think he's persisting with the players he has?

Jota...injured
    Keita...injured
    Origi...****e and people complain when he's selected as it is.
    Shaqiri has actually been playing a good bit lately.

Stick Fabinho and Henderson into midfield to strengthen that area? Both injured.

Changes at centre-back? Already down to 6th and 7th choice.

All very well saying stop persisting with the same players but what are the options to change things?

Yes, really.

1. No elite manager really has a plan B. Every single one of them tries to do plan A better, or merely changes players' positions a little on the pitch. A blunt example is Mané moving inside 2nd half.

2. Every single manager gets snippy when they're losing.

3. He's not using injuries as an excuse. It is a legitimate reason for what's happening. Not the whole reason, but a significant one all the same. It'd be fúcking dumb to say it isn't.

4. Nobody, including Klopp, thinks this is where we should be. Injuries or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

I'm sanguine. I don't believe any other manager would've fared any better put in the same position with the amount of injuries Liverpool have had. It comes down to that and is really that's simple.

Yeah one can get frustrated that Klopp doesn't do some things differently, but i don't think there's great options for him. And when all is said and done, he's the fella that's delivered the League and the Champions League and given us such high expectations.

Ignoring the trolling rival posters on makey-uppy accounts, the actual Liverpool supporters highly critical of Klopp are disappointing and myopic. A perfect storm of injuries has done for Liverpool's season. So long as a full blooded effort is made in the remaining matches, I'm okay with that. Regroup in the summer, get a proper rest and get personnel back and have a proper tilt next season.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ... and who are these options that he should be picking? The squad is absolutely bare bones right now.

As for the transfer window, Klopp made it very clear he wanted to do more but the money wasn’t there for him.

Then why does he persist with a high defensive line when he no longer has the personnel capable of playing it?

Seriously, the fact none of you can see that Klopp needs to start taking responsibility baffles me.

• Advertisement

?

Brighton, Burnley, West Brom, Fulham, Newcastle and to a lesser extent Southampton, are "only" clubs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Someone calling for Salah to be sold and another poster questioning if Klopp has lost the dressing room. I think it's time a few posters stepped away from the keyboards for a while and get some fresh air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What moments in these situations did Klopp say after the game?

SM01 wrote: »
    get a proper rest

Isn't Euro 2021 going ahead?

But thats exactly what I said.

It wasnt a VAR issue though. VAR told him to have a look at it and without VAR there would just have been the peno he gave anyway.

There plenty of complaints to have about VAR, but today wasnt one of them. It was just a standard bad refereeing decision, like theres been for 150 years, compounded by him doubling down when he had the chance to fix it.

And as I said in my response, when I originally moaned using the word 'VAR', I didn't literally mean that it was VAR that got it wrong. I mean the shít referee couldn't use it to get to the right decision.

Anyway, made no odds to the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Then why does he persist with a high defensive line when he no longer has the personnel capable of playing it?

Seriously, the fact none of you can see that Klopp needs to start taking responsibility baffles me.

What does "start taking responsibility" mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I missed Klopps interview, what did he say ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

so you want him to implement a new defensive system without being able to play the same CB combinational the past few month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Sad thing is we won't be shopping from the top shelf this summer with no champions League.

Then why does he persist with a high defensive line when he no longer has the personnel capable of playing it?.

Because that is how he wants to play football. That is how the entire playing staff is trained to play football.

And anyway, the defensive line isn't as high as it would ideally be. It's at least 10 yards further back, with the fullbacks less attacking, because Klopp knows none of our available CBs have pace to cover in behind. Trent has done more covering than I've ever seen him do, because normally it'd be Hendo or Fab in midfield doing that job. Or VVD or Gomez wouldn't have let it get that far.

So he is trying to come up with solutions.

If we drop all the way back, the results won't be any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Sad thing is we won't be shopping from the top shelf this summer with no champions League.

Don't think there is a huge pile wrong with the squad if everyone was fit and available. I would look at Bobby though. Not sure I can keep looking at him slicing and shanking shots all over the place.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement