Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The club are auctioning off over 350 items from Melwood for Charity.

The wall of Champions estimated at £15k if you want it.

0_PAY-BNPS_LFCKloppSale_04.jpg

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/424918-historic-auction-to-take-place-to-bid-farewell-to-melwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Also another one I seen this morning which will ruffle the feathers of the Thiago haters ,

He is way out in front of players on Ball Security with Progression ,

Basically he has made the most progressive passes per game of any midfielder in the league but does it with the pass compilation % of a 5 yard side ways pass,

Thaigo averages over 10 progressive passes per 90 minutes , with a turn over per touch of 0.11
    KDB is 7.5 progressive passes per 90 minutes ,with a turn over per touch of .24
    Brunu is 7.5 progressive passes per 90 minutes , wit ha tunr over per touch of .26

Basically Thiago is performing fine in a some what make shift midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Glico Man wrote: »
    Just out of sheer boredom .........

Sorry for going off on a tangent. I'm currently struggling with lack of sleep so thought it might have been interesting in some way shape or form for some...

Outstanding work.

Also another one I seen this morning which will ruffle the feathers of the Thiago haters ,

He is way out in front of players on Ball Security with Progression ,

Basically he has made the most progressive passes per game of any midfielder in the league but does it with the pass compilation % of a 5 yard side ways pass,

Thaigo averages over 10 progressive passes per 90 minutes , with a turn over per touch of 0.11
    KDB is 7.5 progressive passes per 90 minutes ,with a turn over per touch of .24
    Brunu is 7.5 progressive passes per 90 minutes , wit ha tunr over per touch of .26

Basically Thiago is performing fine in a some what make shift midfield

got a source?

got a source?

The statsbomb website

Check out @hemmenkees on tweeter he normal does good break downs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The club are auctioning off over 350 items from Melwood for Charity.

The wall of Champions estimated at £15k if you want it.

0_PAY-BNPS_LFCKloppSale_04.jpg

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/424918-historic-auction-to-take-place-to-bid-farewell-to-melwood

Sneaky bid on a hand sanitizer:)

The managers galley B&W photos

Roy H and Brendan valued between £100 & £150.

Graeme valued between £150 & £250

Bill, Bob, Joe, Kenny, Roy E, Gerrard, Rafa valued between£200 & £300

Jurgen valued between £1k and £2k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The managers galley B&W photos

Roy H and Brendan valued between £100 & £150.

Graeme valued between £150 & £250

Bill, Bob, Joe, Kenny, Roy E, Gerrard, Rafa valued between£200 & £300

Jurgen valued between £1k and £2k.

I wonder will Roy buy it for himself as no Liverpool fan will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I wonder will Roy buy it for himself as no Liverpool fan will!

A United fan might buy it... Remind him of the good times at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Munich CEO Rummenigge stirring it.
    “In my opinion, Salah is the Messi of Africa and of course he has the skills to play for the best teams in the world,”

What he has achieved can be compared to what Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo did in Barcelona and Madrid, respectively.

We are not planning to sign Salah at the moment, but it would definitely be an honor to have him with us

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/2/10/22275941/bayern-munich-rummenigge-praise-mohamed-salah-lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-liverpool-barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Very sad for Klopp, especially not being able to return home for the funeral or see her before she passed away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1359479814479044609?s=20

They are keeping information very private. I have to wonder whether his mood during the media duties on Sunday was influenced by this news. Would make those pundits who had a lot to say about his behaviour look a little silly if he was dealing with this news at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

RIP Jurgen’s mum. Very sad time for him and his family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Enzokk wrote: »

They are keeping information very private. I have to wonder whether his mood during the media duties on Sunday was influenced by this news. Would make those pundits who had a lot to say about his behaviour look a little silly if he was dealing with this news at the same time.

Could depend if it was a normal burial then she would have passed away at the latest on Saturday. If she was cremated then a few weeks at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Passed away 19th January apparently, may she Rest In Peace...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Watching a funeral on Zoom or whatever is just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Enzokk wrote: »

In fairness I don't see how they'd look silly because of that as they weren't to know.
    I'd never be upset at a tetchy manager after a bad result. It's what you want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

eigrod wrote: »
    RIP Jurgen’s mum. Very sad time for him and his family.

Yeah and especially not being able to go to the funeral, that sort of stuff is hard to deal with.

At least his mother got to see her son manage a team to become Premier League, Champions League and World Cup champions. She must have felt great pride watching her kid doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

brevity wrote: »

Very sad news that he couldn't travel back to his mother's funeral. Might explain some of his recently irritability. You don't really know what's going on in people personal lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

You don't really know what's going on in people personal lives.

This is a lesson that can't be said enough.

If more thought of this before speaking I dare say we'd all have a better time of it

No Thiago , Fabhino,Jota or Naby in todays training pics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Very sad news that he couldn't travel back to his mother's funeral. Might explain some of his recently irritability. You don't really know what's going on in people personal lives.

Very sad news, it really does put things is perspective and I'm sure Jurgen quite rightly felt football wasn't that important in the last few weeks, to paraphrase his quote about football and Covid, "Football isn't important, but, it's the most important of the least important things in life."
    May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

murpho999 wrote: »
    In fairness I don't see how they'd look silly because of that as they weren't to know.
    I'd never be upset at a tetchy manager after a bad result. It's what you want to see.

Not really. These are people that have played the game. They would have seen what problems at home would do to players or managers, yet they cannot take a second to wonder if this is happening to the individual they are talking about?

I know these guys are trolling, that is what they do. But when it backfires on them they should be ridiculed.

I think this sums it up pretty well,

https://twitter.com/Simon_Hughes__/status/1359548480948174858?s=20

This tweets brings up something I forgot about last year as well when Pep Guardiola looked off colour,

https://twitter.com/OliverKay/status/1359552787344990212?s=20

I will also just point out we still don't know much from the past weeks of what Klopp has had to deal with. Was his mother sick for a short time or was it a gradual decline and he knew it was coming and knew he couldn't go to say goodbye? I don't really care that he hurt a journalists feelings that was asking a question that was out to sting the manager after I now know he has been dealing with this as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Getting old.... Watching Everton and Spurs draw 4-4 in the cup on TV, and remember watching Liverpool draw with Everton by the same score in a crazy cup game, which precipitated THE King resigning a day or 2 later.

30 years ago next week.... FML!

Bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So Fulham will get 40 million more then he goes to Real Madrid in 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Cripes for a second there I thought we were selling him. :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Seems fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Good sell on fees are probably the best way of compensating clubs for youngsters that turn out to be mustard.

Considering Fulham wanted £10m, that's a low fee.

I've tried to follow his progress this season, without watching full Blackburn games. We get to see a few clips which is nice but it seems like he really is a key player for them this season, which at 17 is crazy. He has started nearly every single league game for Blackburn. Something that has pleased me is that he has played in a variety of positions. Right wing has been his main role but has also played left wing, as a 10, centre midfield and even as a false 9 up front. He is certainly getting an education!

4 goals & 8 assists is a brilliant return too for a kid in his first senior league season.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1359629766832324614?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

R.I.P Elisabeth Klopp.

I will say I lost my own Mam when I was 35, it absolutely shattered me.
    Jurgen and indeed, Pep last year have been noting other than exceptional in their professionalism.

There is more to the world than football and sometimes...
    It takes a backseat to emotion and loss.
    I have been lucky so far that I've not lost anyone during Covid.

I can't imagine especially given how important our own little rituals of death, of respect and of sharing grief how I'd cope without being able to at least attend my Mam's funeral.

Whatever else we may think of our recent form?
    I hope Jürgen knows that even in his loss, he'll never walk alone.
    YNWA

Lyon are going to name there training ground after Gerard Houllier and want to arrange a match between Lyon and Liverpool as a memorial for him.

Just reading on the BBC that Barca are prepared to not play Coutinho again this season so they don’t have to pay the add-on clauses in his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

money's obviously very tight at Barce, have to pay Messi somehow I guess.

can't really complain about the Elliot decision, seems fair enough all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Just reading on the BBC that Barca are prepared to not play Coutinho again this season so they don’t have to pay the add-on clauses in his contract.

I thought Liverpool sold the the rights to his deal for cash up front?

• Advertisement

Club statement on the Elliott decision.
    Liverpool Football Club can confirm the decision taken by the Professional Football Compensation Committee regarding the registration of Harvey Elliott.

The PFCC tribunal set a guaranteed compensation fee of £1.5 million, plus £2.8 million in contingent amounts dependent on player performance.

The club has given the following response: “Liverpool Football Club respects the outcome of the PFCC’s fair and thorough process in this matter.

“We would like to thank the panel for their time and diligence in reaching a decision.

“We now look forward to welcoming Harvey back from his loan spell with Blackburn Rovers in the summer and helping him continue to build towards a long and successful career at Anfield.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/425501-liverpool-fc-statement-on-harvey-elliott-fee-decision

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

I think they negotiated to some financial company to get a lump sum up-front guaranteed and then this other party profits if Coutinho hits all the add-ons when the transfer when negotiated. So Barcelona would have to pay someone, just not Liverpool but then that doesn't get the clicks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Fitz* wrote: »

Applies to Man City then too.

With no fans a neutral venue shouldn't have an affect either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Every venue is neutral! Play it in Dublin. Home from home.

Fitz* wrote: »

I was wondering this the other day. How can Leipzig travel back from England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Is it me or do we seem to go to arbitration on a few occasions with players? Elliot is one, did we have to do that with Sterling? Ings as well. Is it a result of a specific approach in the transfer market or am I completely wrong?

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Is it me or do we seem to go to arbitration on a few occasions with players? Elliot is one, did we have to do that with Sterling? Ings as well. Is it a result of a specific approach in the transfer market or am I completely wrong?

Solanke too.

Solanke cost £3m with a tribunal fee as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Transfers go to arbitration if you sign a young player out of contract (or before their first professional contract in the case of Elliott). It's kind of a development fee, so the club that brought them through doesn't get screwed. I think it applies up till players are 23 or 24.

It would not surprise me if it was a specific approach.

In the early days moreso, the FSG 'moneyball' approach to transfers is exploiting undervaluations in the transfer market. Minamino was probably the latest example too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement