Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I would go with Phillips and Davies and Kelleher between the sticks.

Interesting. Gonna be a bit sparse outfield with only 8 players but you'd like to think with the 3 lads in goal we'd at least keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

So what does this new FSG deal (selling minority stake of 10% for $750million) mean for LFC?

As it stands they value themselves FSG at over $7billion, so a 10% stake in FSG is worth nearly double what they paid for us.

They did very well out of buying us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Blanco100 wrote: »
    So what does this new FSG deal (selling minority stake of 10% for $750million) mean for LFC?

As it stands they value themselves FSG at over $7billion, so a 10% stake in FSG is worth nearly double what they paid for us.

Can we expect the money to be pumped back into the club now instead of messing around with 1st division CB and green 20 year old Turk CBS?
    We better have some spectacular signings in the summer because the last couple of windows have not inspired much confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Can we expect the money to be pumped back into the club now instead of messing around with 1st division CB and green 20 year old Turk CBS?
    We better have some spectacular signings in the summer because the last couple of windows have not inspired much confidence

Don't hold your breath on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thiago and Jota were perfectly good signings the "problem" was actually the previous summer with no buys but no one saw Covid 19 coming which fecked up the likely plan to spend quite big in 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well FSG are down about $200m from live gates with the Red Sox's in the last year Liverpool aren't there only club they are trying to keep afloat in these pandemic times.

That $750m would be have a good chuck of it gone straight away balancing the books from loses over the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wonder if they'll let some fans back this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The current plan would mean the final day will have some supporters back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Looking at that City bench, the world should be fúcking thanking us that we managed to make this league competitive the last couple of seasons, never mind win the fúcking thing last season.

• Advertisement

What was FSGs value before they bought us?
    Is the growth since just because of LFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Augeo wrote: »
    What was FSGs value before they bought us?
    Is the growth since just because of LFC?

£350-400m worth of players on the bench?

Jota has transferred Salah out of his FF and transferred Adrian in according to those who watch these things.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll let some fans back this season

Hopefully! And hopefully we can travel in August!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jota has transferred Salah out of his FF and transferred Adrian in according to those who watch these things.

I am amazed players are allowed to have FF teams at this stage, firstly it causes trouble for teams, see Villa issues last week and secondly, is it not akin to betting with insider knowledge when there is a prize pot to be had?

I am amazed players are allowed to have FF teams at this stage, firstly it causes trouble for teams, see Villa issues last week and secondly, is it not akin to betting with insider knowledge when there is a prize pot to be had?

There may be nothing too it however as you said look at Villa and also look at Robbo's FF as well.

If players want to play FF they should have a private league for themselves to play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

SlickRic wrote: »
    Looking at that City bench, the world should be fúcking thanking us that we managed to make this league competitive the last couple of seasons, never mind win the fúcking thing last season.

Thanks. We're so grateful. All of us.
    The whole world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

The whole world.

I detect a hint of sarcasm:D

The whole world.

That's what he said so you are agreeing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The whole world.

You're welcome.

Thank **** we did win last season.

Makes this season, particularly the last few months tolerable. So yes, definitely grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Why did no one ask this week about Kelleher injury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Is he fit ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

The professional footballers playing FF publicly needs to be knocked on the head. Keep it anonymous or under fake accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He was back on the bench v Leipzig so i believe he's fit again.

• Advertisement

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    The professional footballers playing FF publicly needs to be knocked on the head. Keep it anonymous or under fake accounts.

They do use face accounts in some case and have still been found, this guy is one of the main culprits, has made a bot to pull inf and post on twitter now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9300413/Fantasy-football-expert-revealed-Jack-Grealishs-injury-built-bot-beat-system.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I wonder if Salah is injured or just being rested, it would be baffling if he's the one to drop out and Mane and Firmino keep their places despite being both in horrific form especially Firmino.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jota put himself in instead of Salah the lad is backing himself to score.

Be interesting if he captained himself.

The Twitter feed I spotted it on is the that one linked by Thanx 4 The Fish. I didn’t realise the guy created a bot to work these things out till I read the article.

They do use face accounts in some case and have still been found, this guy is one of the main culprits, has made a bot to pull inf and post on twitter now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9300413/Fantasy-football-expert-revealed-Jack-Grealishs-injury-built-bot-beat-system.html

No mention of the bot tracking fake ones here "he explained how his bot monitors all FPL accounts by current Premier League players and support staff"

" the terms and conditions page on the website says 'employees (and immediate family members) of The Football Association Premier League Limited (the 'Premier League') may enter the Game but are ineligible to win any Prizes. If such a person would otherwise win a Prize, the Prize shall be awarded to the next placed Player'. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm also a bit surprised the league itself hasn't come down on this with the bookies behind them - after all, they're happy to give a lengthy ban to a player for even discussing the possibility of a transfer with his friends and family.

Augeo wrote: »
    No mention of the bot tracking fake ones here "he explained how his bot monitors all FPL accounts by current Premier League players and support staff"

No he doesn't specifically mention that but he mentions himself that he has found them, it would surprise me if he had found them and then decided that he did not want to monitor the accounts that he had gone to the trouble of finding!

No he doesn't specifically mention that but he mentions himself that he has found them, it would surprise me if he had found them and then decided that he did not want to monitor the accounts that he had gone to the trouble of finding!

Yes but if all players and staff were mandated to have anonymous accounts I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be finding all or most of them. Actually he might based on collating info over a season on players who didn't make the team due to injuries not in the public domain, so maybe best to ban all players etc from playing in the public leagues.

He's allegedly found a player's account or two when they are trying to play under the radar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

Jota playing FIFA Live and doing a Q&A

https://www.twitch.tv/diogojotaesports/

hopefully he's not going to become our new Jose Enrique

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He was back on the bench v Leipzig so i believe he's fit again.

But was gone off it for the Everton game

Gomez, VVD & Keita have probably missed an much as the Leicester team/squad.

Don't think they should be 9 pts ahead of us after 25 league games though TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

~Rebel~ wrote: »

That's mad alright.

One thing that is always said in retort to Liverpool's injuries this season is 'every team has injuries', or 'look at other clubs like Leicester, Southampton' etc.

This just shows the extent the constant injuries placed on the team. And the constant revolving door. As has happened numerous times this season, a player is returning from injury (Keita & Jota) at the exact same time that another is sidelined for a prolonged period of time. (Henderson). This increased the workload on the player returning form injury at a time where ideally they could be eased into a return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Thud wrote: »
    hopefully he's not going to become our new Jose Enrique

I don't know if it was mentioned on here but Jota was actually the World #1 on FIFA Ultimate Team for a while there a few weeks back.

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1358076050840969226

Winning 30 games in a row at the top level of FIFA is insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Umaro wrote: »
    I don't know if it was mentioned on here but Jota was actually the World #1 on FIFA Ultimate Team for a while there a few weeks back.

Hope he comes back firing on all cylinders and wins us 30 games in a row!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Umaro wrote: »

He beat TAA in a tournament final last year, think it was for premier league players, TAA had beaten sterling in the semi during extra time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

~Rebel~ wrote: »

That's fairly mental although unsurprising. Still getting the every team gets injuries and it's Klopp's fault brigade in the replies.

That's fairly mental although unsurprising. Still getting the every team gets injuries and it's Klopp's fault brigade in the replies.

The Klopp's fault thing is a funny one, given the players that are missing games - it's generally not the lads he's pushed the hardest over the past 3 years Gini, Trent, Robbo, Mane, Salah, Bobby etc.

Instead, it's the CB's (who tend to play week in week out for every side, and aren't exactly heavy runners) and a bunch of lads who didn't play every week, like Keita, Shaq, Jota, Matip, Milner, and Tsimikas, Davies and Thiago only right after joining.

There is a little bit of that alright with Fabinho and Hendo, who I'm sure he would've loved to rest this season once every 5 or 6 games like he usually does, but that just hasn't been possible.

I totally get it as an off the cuff reaction, as it would seem to make superficial sense - but it just happens to not really stack up to reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

6 wrote: »
    Thank **** we did win last season.

Makes this season, particularly the last few months tolerable. So yes, definitely grateful.

This.

I couldn't imagine if we had run City close last year, didn't win again after getting so close the year before and then having the year we had this year with injuries and faltering so badly.

In that scenario, I really don't know if we ever would have won the damn thing again.

We did so I can easily wipe this year off and take it as it is.

This.

I couldn't imagine if we had run City close last year, didn't win again after getting so close the year before and then having the year we had this year with injuries and faltering so badly.

In that scenario, I really don't know if we ever would have won the damn thing again.

We did so I can easily wipe this year off and take it as it is.

Exactly, I'm still more disappointed on missing out on the title after getting 97 points than this year. I always expected a drop off this season (obviously not to this extent) and City were always going to come back strong after last season.
    It looks like to even compete with City again next season we'll need to get 90 plus points, that looks like a tall order right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fitz* wrote: »
    That's mad alright.

One thing that is always said in retort to Liverpool's injuries this season is 'every team has injuries', or 'look at other clubs like Leicester, Southampton' etc.

This just shows the extent the constant injuries placed on the team. And the constant revolving door. As has happened numerous times this season, a player is returning from injury (Keita & Jota) at the exact same time that another is sidelined for a prolonged period of time. (Henderson). This increased the workload on the player returning form injury at a time where ideally they could be eased into a return.

Anyone who says 'every team has injuries' in retort is either trolling or hasn't a clue. Anyone with an ounce of cop-on, even friends who support Utd understand this injury crisis is unique.

No CBs means the DMs are back there, which means the whole team compensates by being slightly more conservative, including full backs (our main creative outlet) being further back. The whole team is imbalanced.

The only things you can criticise the team for are:

1. We should probably have more points than we do. But as I've said before, every game becomes more difficult when your team balance is fúcked.

2. CBs be bought at the start of the window, not the end. Whoever's fault that is needs to fúck off.

Any arguments that we're shít champions, or we were never that great, or we should be challenging anyway should be told to, in no uncertain terms, fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Is Salah out today lads or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Is Salah out today lads or what?

Is this because Jota took him out his fantasy football team or have you a different source?

Anyone who says 'every team has injuries' in retort is either trolling or hasn't a clue. Anyone with an ounce of cop-on, even friends who support Utd understand this injury crisis is unique.

No CBs means the DMs are back there, which means the whole team compensates by being slightly more conservative, including full backs (our main creative outlet) being further back. The whole team is imbalanced.

1. We should probably have more points than we do. But as I've said before, every game becomes more difficult when your team balance is fúcked.

2. CBs be bought at the start of the window, not the end. Whoever's fault that is needs to fúck off.

Any arguments that we're shít champions, or we were never that great, or we should be challenging anyway should be told to, in no uncertain terms, fúck off.

Good points, especially point 2 in particular, it's really probably the most significant thing we could have done to change our current situation, we still wouldn't have challenged for the title, but, I think we'd be comfortably in the top 4 instead of looking like we'll miss out, which will impact who we can sign in the summer to strengthen the squad for next season

• Advertisement

We undoubtedly should have more points than we do.
    We seemed happy to attempt to potter on with Matip & no new CB until he was injured. In saying that is criticising the regime that got us a CL & PL title on when Klopp & the team get a pass?

I'm just considering the season a write off TBH... Next year we go again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement