Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

TBF, that's a silly fee and Fulham will feel robbed.
    Imagine he's 22/23 and finishes out the season in the championship in the form he's shown so far. He'd probably go for 5/6/7million minimum.
    James went to United for a reported 15million after a good season in the championship
    I wonder does Edwards have family on the compensation panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bargain fee, the kid is a ridiculous talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Is it me or do we seem to go to arbitration on a few occasions with players? Elliot is one, did we have to do that with Sterling? Ings as well. Is it a result of a specific approach in the transfer market or am I completely wrong?

I'd say Edwards is just a bollix to deal with. Daniel Levy has that reputation too, Edwards seems similar but flys under the radar. Some of the deals he's gotten have been mystifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At the end of this season if he continues as is (about 6 goals and 12 assists) his market value would probably be between 10 and 15 million and someone like Chelsea or City would buy him send him on two more long loans and then sell him for 25 million.

Bellingham went for 20m or something silly didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I'd say Edwards must played Pro Evo back in the day, looking for the regens and the released players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rob316 wrote: »
    Bargain fee, the kid is a ridiculous talent.

He's a Liverpool fan also, I think that's why when he heard we were interested he probably rocked up to Melwood with his bags packed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

At the end of this season if he continues as is (about 6 goals and 12 assists) his market value would probably be between 10 and 15 million and someone like Chelsea or City would buy him send him on two more long loans and then sell him for 25 million.

Bellingham went for 20m or something silly didn't he?

Sell him? I could see him been a key player for us in a couple years.

I was speaking hypothetically!

Elliot could be Liverpool's No 10 for 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

.red. wrote: »
    TBF, that's a silly fee and Fulham will feel robbed.
    Imagine he's 22/23 and finishes out the season in the championship in the form he's shown so far. He'd probably go for 5/6/7million minimum.
    James went to United for a reported 15million after a good season in the championship
    I wonder does Edwards have family on the compensation panel.

The 20% sell on fee could mean massive money to them though. Even in 10 years if he's not signing a new contract and we sell him for £35-40m like Arsenal did with Ox then Fulham will get £7-8m for him on top of the £4m already received. It's not to bad in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

My initial reaction is that 20% sell on fee is pretty massive, I have to say. No idea how standard that is, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The 20% sell on fee could mean massive money to them though. Even in 10 years if he's not signing a new contract and we sell him for £35-40m like Arsenal did with Ox then Fulham will get £7-8m for him on top of the £4m already received. It's not to bad in fairness.

They probably will negotiate a buy out fee for it at some point which might suit both parties, if we never sold him they could get nothing, if he goes on loan they get none of the loan fees etc and as stated above, could be with us for 10-15 years and sell for 10 mill at that point, was the 20% or profit or of total fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

They probably will negotiate a buy out fee for it at some point which might suit both parties, if we never sold him they could get nothing, if he goes on loan they get none of the loan fees etc and as stated above, could be with us for 10-15 years and sell for 10 mill at that point, was the 20% or profit or of total fee?

Southampton had a big sell on clause with Bale too, but they were in such financial difficulty that they had to sell it on to Spurs for a reduced fee. Or maybe a back up keeper of someone that didn't amount to anything. Either way, it was wasted and they missed out on a massive pay day when he moved to Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We've just lost our World Championship Crown.....

KLOPP OUT!!,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Fair play Bayern, some record, only Barca have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wolves really could could have done with signing Origi in January to give them a focal point for there attack and we could have done with that transfer fee.

Reading a Twitter thread and this was on it where the £310m in yearly wages go.

Have to say Hendo, Fab, & Ali seems very under paid and I can see why Gini wants a big pay day.

Milner on seriously good money for his age and role in the squad when you compare to what Gini is on.

Et-SkwqXMAIrV6S?format=png&name=medium

Et-ScxeXMAEU3Ay?format=png&name=small

https://twitter.com/MoChatra/status/1359968565475090434?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

You’d be thinking if Robbo, Gini or Trent see or know that they’d be knocking on Jurgen’s door seeing that Ox is on 120,000 a week. As much as I like Ox, he has done nothing to warrant those wages. 70-80 would seem more appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The most underpaid lad at the club is Robbo. For what he offers the team in terms of effort, consistency and above all availability, he truly deserves a double-your-money contract in the near future.

A lot of underpaid players on that list, a couple overpaid too, but Robbo is the one that sticks out the most to me.

Both full backs can feel underpaid I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My love for Gini has doubled after looking at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Reading a Twitter thread and this was on it where the £310m in yearly wages go.

Have to say Hendo, Fab, & Ali seems very under paid and I can see why Gini wants a big pay day.

Milner on seriously good money for his age and role in the squad when you compare to what Gini is on.

Et-SkwqXMAIrV6S?format=png&name=medium

Et-ScxeXMAEU3Ay?format=png&name=small

https://twitter.com/MoChatra/status/1359968565475090434?s=20

Where does he get his figures from? He's saying it's all estimated so is he just guessing what wages some of the players are on?

For example he has Ben Davies in at 20,000 a week. I haven't heard any details of his contract

Yeah, it's complete guesswork. Pointless really.

I would love to see the breakdown of one their contracts and get a sense of the different performance bonuses they have worked in, knowing the club is apparently massively weighted towards those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-fc/payroll/

This site has slightly different figures but not much.

I think it really shows how complicated contacts are.

We got Ox on a "deal" from a top club so he got a big contact.

Robertson came unproven, fair enough but also signed a really long contact, so no mid term improvement due. He spoke about just taking what he was offered in an interview.

If a player can get the big move it's really worthwhile.

Players brought in on frees or when they'd short contracts get very decent wages also.
    In saying that the info provided in guess work, reddit/twitter level of twaddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So lads who is pulling up injured today for us ,
    Seems to be around this time every week something breaks on twitter about another injury

• Advertisement

The big number missing above is agents fees Liverpool must have lashed out 100 million in the last 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So lads who is pulling up injured today for us ,
    Seems to be around this time every week something breaks on twitter about another injury

Fabinho it is

Fabinho it is

Christ its a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just write the season off now.

You cannot compete like this.

• Advertisement

Jota & Keita both 2 weeks away ,

Iv been saying for a month now we will struggle until march and then go on a run ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Jota is still 3 weeks away from team training and kieta is only doing individual training as well so won't see him for a while either

**** off 2020/21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Hendo and Kabak, is what Klopp will likely go with.

Though at this stage, with everything going wrong, just throw in Kabak and Davies, assuming they've shown reasonable qualities in training.

Though, when they inevitably both come off at halftime injured, who goes in CB then? Phillips and Gini?
    Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I doubt if Fabinho was fully fit to play the game against City. Should have still went with Phillips and Henderson and given Fabinho more time to recover for the long term benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Hendo and Kabak, is what Klopp will likely go with.

Though at this stage, with everything going wrong, just throw in Kabak and Davies, assuming they've shown reasonable qualities in training.

Though, when they inevitably both come off at halftime injured, who goes in CB then? Phillips and Gini?
    Good times.

You could just start Phillips with one of the new guys.

Very tough game tomorrow
    I'd throw the two new CB in why not , chances are we lose anyway if we don't
    Jurgen always talks about being brave on and off the ball, time for him to be brave in his selection ,

Hendo ,Gini , Thiago midfield and go after them

Fabinho could be missing for the Leipzig & Everton games too.

Also a lack of Thiago news. Worry for his fitness too as he hasn't been seen in the training pics this week.

I''d like to see this, tbh. I think Klopp is still likely to play Hendo there, especially with how long he typically takes to blood in certain players. But I'd love to get Henderson back into midfield.

Well, if you play Phillips with one of them it would likely be Davies in order to play both of them on their preferred sides. Kabak would likely be the first of the new boys to come in, so if you're playing him with Phillips you'd be switching him or Kabak to the left - neither are ideal.

• Advertisement

I think he'll just have to throw in Davies & Kabak at the back now and blood them in before the CL tie.

Fitz* wrote: »
    I think he'll just have to throw in Davies & Kabak at the back now and blood them in before the CL tie.

Agreed. If you're looking to play any 2 of the 3 fit CB's and keep them on their preferred sides in order to minimise the risk of a shambles, then the only options are;

Kabak/Davies
    Phillips/Davies

Its a shambles but if we mange to win our next two Prem games we will be in a great position with Fab, Jota 7 Keita due back ,

I really hope this week break has giving everyone the more energy and some motivation to start to put things right

Leicester will come after us the weekend and it might suit us ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I keep forgetting Keita exists, I wonder how his injury record compares to Aquilani.

Fitz* wrote: »

So predictable.

And I'm not just talking about another injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

fyfe79 wrote: »
    So predictable.

And I'm not just talking about another injury.

Slipping up it is almost 2 hours

Slipping up it is almost 2 hours

Bad weather causing wi-fi issues, no doubt!

I see it's the Year of the Ox, well let's hope so.

Disappointing news about Fab.

Jota missing for another month is more disappointing as we really need goals something Bobby & Mane haven't been offering at all this season.

The couple of months out really is stretching into a real long term injury now.

• Advertisement

Latest rumour Thiago is also out tomorrow

Did Klopp not mention him in the press conference

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement