Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Being a brilliant season for Curtis Jones though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Latest rumour Thiago is also out tomorrow

Did Klopp not mention him in the press conference

Gini,Milner and Jones midfield so,not a massive loss in the grand scheme of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gini,Milner and Jones midfield so,not a massive loss in the grand scheme of things

I'd hope that Hendo pushes up to midfield now. Midfield is really lacking energy lately and I don't think I'd like Gini/Milner to be the base of midfield again for this reason. Hendo will certainly add energy again.

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'd hope that Hendo pushes up to midfield now. Midfield is really lacking energy lately and I don't think I'd like Gini/Milner to be the base of midfield again for this reason. Hendo will certainly add energy again.

Agree with u but with Fab out it's hard to see klopp going with two from Philipps,Kabak or Davies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Phillips and Kabak
    Hendo Gini Jones, I would like to see that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Latest rumour Thiago is also out tomorrow

Did Klopp not mention him in the press conference

Actually think timeout from the team will do him the world of good, he looks frustrated with his own form and could easily have been sent off in one or two games. Regardless of injuries and Covid, Thiago's time so far has been underwhelming to say the least, hopefully his form picks up for the remainder of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Thiago has been absolutely grand. The team has been underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Glico Man wrote: »
    Just out of sheer boredom at the time, and a bit of interest too I suppose, I bookmarked this post from Mormank almost 5 years ago here.

Just looking back at the careers of those 4 players named.

Sule, moved from Hoffenheim to Bayern Munich in 2017 for a fee of £18 million. Since this post above was made, he's won the Bundesliga 3 times, the Champions League and played 28 times for Germany. Fair to say, he's lived up to his promise in FM.

Tielemans, moved from Anderlecht to Monaco for €25 million euro in 2017 and spent 2 years at the French club, becoming a mainstay in the Belgium national team and helped them to 3rd place at the World Cup in 2018. He has since moved to Leicester City for £40 million and is one of their key players. I would add him to the pile of successful FM scouting.

Tolisso, moved from Lyon to Bayern the year after this post was made for €41.5 million, again in 2017. Like Sule above, he's won the Bundesliga 3 times, the Champions League and was part of the French side that won the World Cup in 2018. Featured heavily in his first season, but has found appearances hard to come by at the German giants. Still, due to his participation in the victories and successes of his teams, I would find it hard not to label him a success as well.

Bazoer Probably one of the more interesting stories. He had such a promising start to his career at Ajax. Made his Dutch national team debut before moving to Wolfsburg for €12 million. Had some trouble there, the manager was sacked a month after he arrived and the team themselves finished in 16th as he made 12 appearances. They managed to stave off relegation winning the play-offs 2-0 though he himself didn't play. The next season was much the same, 2 managerial sackings and again in the relegation play-offs while he made a similar number of appearances. Loaned off to Porto the next season and barely played due to attitude and injury issues, but went to Utrecht in the January window and had a new lease of life with 3 goals in 13 games. He eventually moved to Vitesse in the summer 2019, made his debut against his old club Ajax, scored a goal and then got sent off. He's added a further 4 goals to his tally and played 38 games in total as he tries to resurrect his career at the age of just 24. I'll have to hold him in the non-success pile of FM scouting for the moment, but he has time to turn it around.

Sorry for going off on a tangent. I'm currently struggling with lack of sleep so thought it might have been interesting in some way shape or form for some...

Wow! I never expected to read this post again but feel I was proven right and im not even a tiny bit surprised tbh. People who laugh and joke about "FIFA" players ever turning out to be any good in real life are morons tbh and I just tune them out once they reveal themselves as such. The hit rate of players from FM and FIFA is ridiculously good and has been for decades and these people seem to think that 100% of players scouted in real life turn out to be legends.

On a side note, I havent posted in years and I never thought i'd post here again as I stopped posting a few years ago when I got sick of the constant obvious trolling etc that goes on here and always gets overlooked, like that Utd fan who posed as a Liverpool fan with Bad English for months Good Ole Boys. I mean even the name alone made it obvious he wasnt a Liverpool fan but we had to sit through and read his nonsense for months even tho we all knew he was a troll. Pathetic and just a waste of time and energy. Like did he really think he was fooling us?

but I had to reply to this one...cheers Glico Man for the bookmark 5 years ago.

Oh yeah and CHAMPIONS!!!!! YNWA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

On a side note, I havent posted in years and I never thought i'd post here again as I stopped posting a few years ago when I got sick of the constant obvious trolling etc that goes on here and always gets overlooked, like that Utd fan who posed as a Liverpool fan with Bad English for months Good Ole Boys. I mean even the name alone made it obvious he wasnt a Liverpool fan but we had to sit through and read his nonsense for months even tho we all knew he was a troll. Pathetic and just a waste of time and energy. Like did he really think he was fooling us?

I'm so oblivious to this stuff.

Yeah the computer guys have brought so much to the game. The only way to get FM taken seriously was to be so ontop of who is who.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Konate in the summer it is then...

Upamecano to Bayern is done apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mormank wrote: »
    Wow! I never expected to read this post again but feel I was proven right and im not even a tiny bit surprised tbh. People who laugh and joke about "FIFA" players ever turning out to be any good in real life are morons tbh and I just tune them out once they reveal themselves as such. The hit rate of players from FM and FIFA is ridiculously good and has been for decades and these people seem to think that 100% of players scouted in real life turn out to be legends.

I’ll hold my hands up and admit I was one who was skeptical of FM and FIFA scouting a few years back and I probably said it to you at some point here, despite loving both of those series, but there certainly is a lot of credibility in it after all and it’s been widely proven since. Great shout on those players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

No surprises there to be honest. I know little about Konate.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’ll hold my hands up and admit I was one who was skeptical of FM and FIFA scouting a few years back and I probably said it to you at some point here, despite loving both of those series, but there certainly is a lot of credibility in it after all and it’s been widely proven since. Great shout on those players.

David Moyes used FM for scouting while he was at Everton iirc. Now while that's not exactly the biggest compliment to give, it just shows that top level clubs do look at the data and information given in these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The season we are having Everton are finally going to get that win aren't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mormank wrote: »

Happy to oblige! Thought it was an interesting topic myself having played those games about 10 years ago, and seeing certain players I'd sign go on to big things. Sports Interactive had their own scouts for these players, assign them 'stats' and to be fair, they do get it right most of the time you'd have to say.

Another interesting question really would be, if a highly rated player in FM or Fifa doesn't make it, what are the reasons? The individual? The surroundings? The manager? A combination of those?

On another note, read somewhere earlier that we, apparently, tried to throw big money (£50 million) at Juventus for Demiral during the transfer window. Supposedly, it was an instant no go, with Juve keen to keep him as a long term partner for De Ligt. Don't know much about him to be honest, but surely he'd have been a decent option if the bid was successful.

Any centre back ideas from FIFA or FM :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

David Moyes used FM for scouting while he was at Everton iirc. Now while that's not exactly the biggest compliment to give, it just shows that top level clubs do look at the data and information given in these games.

I believe FM has a pro database above and beyond what's used in the game, which they sell to clubs. I think that's what Moyes used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What young players now might we be talking about in 5 years time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »

Harvey Elliott!

Have a feeling his future will be hugely determined by how much pace he has after he develops physically. Has very quick feet on the ball, but not that real burst of acceleration that someone like Salah has. But that may come as he strengthens and grows. That’s the game changer that differentiates a very good player from a world class one in his position. He looks like he has the technicals, let’s hope he gets lucky with (and works hard on) the physicals!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Harvey Elliott!

We can all live in hope.

I'm still thinking Wilson might have good season at Cardiff:)

• Advertisement

Another two I would've bought 5 years ago for pittance based of FM and FIFA. The thing about it is that obviously it's not 100% but neither are regular scouting methods. FM in paticular has had an exceptional hit rate for the past 25 years or so since I started playing it. I think alot of the ridicule originated with a certain striker called Cherno Samba who turned into a Messi like god in the game but ya never heard of it real life. Only a few of ye will have heard of this infamous Cherno Samba I'm sure... Freddy Adu was another.

martyos121 wrote: »

Cheers. There are a few outliers here and there but as you'll know as a fan of the series generally the same few players turned into superstars in multiple generations of the game and various iterations FM/FIFA so. Their hit rate with these types of players has always been very high.

Thought it was Harry Redknapp. Heck maybe it was both!
    Glico Man wrote: »
    Happy to oblige! Thought it was an interesting topic myself having played those games about 10 years ago, and seeing certain players I'd sign go on to big things. Sports Interactive had their own scouts for these players, assign them 'stats' and to be fair, they do get it right most of the time you'd have to say.

Another interesting question really would be, if a highly rated player in FM or Fifa doesn't make it, what are the reasons? The individual? The surroundings? The manager? A combination of those?

On another note, read somewhere earlier that we, apparently, tried to throw big money (£50 million) at Juventus for Demiral during the transfer window. Supposedly, it was an instant no go, with Juve keen to keep him as a long term partner for De Ligt. Don't know much about him to be honest, but surely he'd have been a decent option if the bid was successful.

I dunno, probably similar reasons why regular highly rated youngsters don't make it in the game. There have been plenty of very highly rated youngsters around the past couple of decades that didn't go on to do much in the game, especially from South America. Leandro Damiao anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Well, a friend of mine has been playing it pretty much non-stop over the last year and swears by these players as he talks about them constantly (that admittedly I've never seen play and info I've taken from transfermarkt) - so take from that what you will...

Vanheusden - Standard Liege - 20 year old centre back - 1 appearance in the Belgium national team

Nuno Mendes - Sporting - 18 year old left back - broke into the Sporting team last season, new contract in December increased his release clause to €70 million so they must have high expectations.

Tomas Esteves - Porto - 18 year old right back - currently on loan at Reading

Ryan Gravenberch - Ajax - 18 year old midfielder - not too much of a surprise as he's already coveted by many in Europe, was excellent against us in the CL - already called up to the Dutch nation team

Evanilson - Porto - 21 year old striker - very much one to watch. Only joined in September last year, 5 appearances in the league and 2 goals scored.

I may or may not book mark this post depending on how well those 5 do :pac:

But it is an interesting experiment.

Myself though, I'd be interested to see how far Leicester's CB Fofana will go. Looks a cracking player at just 19, keeping Harry Maguire's replacement Soyuncu out of the team, who himself is a very good defender. Another defender I'll keep a look out is Jean-Clair Todibo. Looked a real prospect at Toulouse, hasn't had much of a chance since he moved to Barca. Moved out on loan 3 times, was one of Schalke's better players (can't imagine that's too difficult) and is currently at Nice. Aside from them, I'd probably keep an eye on Ligue 1 for Yacine Adil of Bordeaux and Rayan Cherki of Lyon.

Fingers crossed I turn into some mystic meg with those players, but I'd be confident enough of at least 3 or 4 of them performing at the very top level.

Kabak starts today. Also Thiago has travelled so could be available after fears he wouldn't be fit.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1360549320945197060?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I remember getting the highly acclaimed Dan Galbraith (from Man U I think) but he was a disappointment (I couldn't be arsed doing the individual training with him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Kabak starts today. Also Thiago has travelled so could be available after fears he wouldn't be fit.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1360549320945197060?s=19

Why announce the team early?

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Hendo in defense with Ozan. Rest of team as expected.

Think we are in for a very long day.

Hendo in defense with Ozan. Rest of team as expected.

Think we are in for a very long day.

3-1 leicester I reckon,bar Ozan it's pretty much the exact same team as the last 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Milner is starting more games than is ideal lately.

Why announce the team early?

Hour before kick-off.

12.30 start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Just noticed Adrian floating there on the bench? What’s happened to Kelleher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Milner and Gini together. Ugh.

Lots of responsibility on Jones to take the ball on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Hour before kick-off.

12.30 start.

I meant that Kabak starts, the tweet was earlier, I don't think any team information should be given out till it has to, small margins and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Just noticed Adrian floating there on the bench? What’s happened to Kelleher?

And Origi

And Ben Davies, if he can't get in instead of Rhys..

Wonder is there an illness

• Advertisement

For anyone wondering

LFC team vs Leicester: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Henderson, Robertson; Milner, Wijnaldum, Jones; Salah, Firmino, Mane

Subs Adrian, Thiago, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, R. Williams, Phillips, Clarkson, N. Williams.

And Ben Davies, if he can't get in instead of Rhys..

....s

I reckon Davies was brought in just as cover for the subs.
    PNE mainstay accepted it's a huge step up to PL & CL.

Augeo wrote: »
    I reckon Davies was brought in just as cover for the subs.
    PNE mainstay accepted it's a huge step up to PL & CL.

Not expecting him to start (though would prefer two CBs playing) but to 100 percent be ahead of Rhys on the bench.

I meant that Kabak starts, the tweet was earlier, I don't think any team information should be given out till it has to, small margins and all that.

I think the opposition clubs, managers, media etc get the team sheet 90 mins before kick off anyways. I don't know why they wait til an hour before KO to give it publicly.

Not expecting him to start (though would prefer two CBs playing) but to 100 percent be ahead of Rhys on the bench.

Philips hasn't done much wrong for us. Davies needs to outperform him in training I expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

This is going to be a long 90 minutes.....if they scored 1st we are goosed.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Davies has already picked up a knock according to Klopp. You have to laugh.

Davies has already picked up a knock according to Klopp. You have to laugh.

That would explain it.

You really do have to laugh.

Anything on Origi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp just saying Ben Davies got injured during the week as well. Laughing whilst saying "It's unbelievable".

Klopp just confirmed on BT that Davis is out with a knock....sure where else would he be? He's a CB at Liverpool after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I think Kabak has already given away something like 3 penalties this year, so hopefully he doesn't do anything too daft around Vardy or Maddison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Klopp just confirmed on BT that Davis is out with a knock....sure where else would he be? He's a CB at Liverpool after all.

I joked yesterday that if Kabak and Davies started, they'd both be off injured by halftime. Davies has not even made it that far.

Gas.

Rio highlighting some of our play against City is bringing on the PTSD!!!

I hope 7th is the finishing place if it's not 2nd-4th. If it's 5th/6th it'll ruin next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Davis is out injured WTF

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement